ABOUT ME: I am a passionate hands-on graphic designer and art director, originally from Zurich/Switzerland, now living and working in Savannah, Georgia, USA. My journey from Switzerland to Savannah was initiated by my enrollment at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). After graduating with a Masters of Fine Arts in Graphic Design and a Certificate in Typeface Design, I applied my skills and gained professional experience at a full-service advertising and marketing agency and as a freelancer for a wide range of clients. In the summer of 2011 I joined the small year-round staff at the internationally renowned Savannah Music Festival (SMF). As the Graphic Design and Marketing Manager at this non-profit arts organization, I'm realizing my true passion of connecting my skills and knowledge to a cause and to contribute to the organization's mission of presenting world-class celebrations of the musical arts by creating timeless and adventurous productions that stimulate arts education, foster economic growth and unite artists and audiences. SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Art Direction: develop, manage and guide creative visions and goals for brands and marketing campaigns Branding: develop, create, manage and maintain brand standards and corporate identities Marketing: strategize, budget and create advertising campaigns Graphic Design: concept development, design and layout for advertising, editorial & publication design for print and online Typography: strong working knowledge of typography and typographic standards including typeface design Media Planning: schedule, cost-estimate and purchase advertising space
Identity & Branding
UI / Webdesign
The Marketing & Graphic Design Manager oversees the visual representation of the SMF brand and is responsible for all graphic design, both in print and online. The position also holds a key role on the marketing team, assisting in brand development, public relations and community outreach
Primary responsibilities include:
• creative direction, concept development, design and layout of institutional, marketing and promotional material for all media
• creation and maintenance of consistent brand standards across all media for all Savannah Music Festival related materials
• cost estimation, tracking and fulfillment of print projects and management of production schedules
• content management for SMF websites, e-blasts and social media pages/groups
• media planning, advertising scheduling and placement (print/outdoor/broadcast/online)
• execution of visibility efforts (banners/signage/way-finding systems)
• design and management of festival merchandise
• management of photography archives and coordination of festival photographers
• management of graphic design intern and/or part-time designer
• management of street team marketing efforts
• participation in outreach and visibility committees
• assist with basic IT issues
• assist production team and crew as needed during all SMF productions
• represent SMF at community events
As a freelance and contract graphic designer I provide creative direction, graphic design and production assistance for a wide variety of projects, including, but not limited to...
• Logo / Identity & Development
• Stationery systems
• Corporate Branding and re-Branding
• Signage and way-finding systems
• Websites, UI Design
• e-mail campaigns
• Book Design and layout
• Digital / Photo Manipulation
• Direct Mail / Flyers
• Media Kits
• Advertising & Marketing Concepts
and much more....
- Design and layout for all Savannah Music Festival marketing and promotional materials including but not limited to: website, print and web ads, program books, posters, flyers, brochures, collateral materials and stationery, billboards, t-shirts, etc.
- Updating and maintaining all social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, etc.)
- Devising marketing plan across several media: online, print, outdoor, radio and television
- Placing media in accordance with marketing plan
- Maintaining photo archives
After graduating from SCAD in 2006 until the summer of 2011, I worked full-time as a Graphic Designer/Creative Director and as manager of the creative department at Joselove-Filson Advertising, Inc., a full-service marketing and advertising firm in Savannah/Georgia.
• Overseeing projects from conceptualization to production, including working with printers
• Conceptualizing and designing corporate identities
• Conceptualizing and designing a variety of print advertising (e.g. brochures, magazine ads, billboards, etc.)
• Art directing photo shoots and photo editing
• Conceptualizing and story-boarding TV advertising
• Conceptualizing, designing and art directing websites
• Cost estimation for projects ranging from printed materials to direct mail and billboards
• Organizing all aspects of the Creative Department at JFA, including maintaining archives of completed work.
- Designing layouts for projects such as collateral, invitations and Corporate IDs
- Teaching classes in History of Graphic Design, Typography and HTML Basics
designed ads for Real Estate Guide "Digest of Homes"