- + Follow
Senior Designer / Art Director
6001 SW 34 St, Miami, FL, 33155
(901)399-9956 - email@example.com
ONLINE PORTFOLIO/DEMO-REEL: http://www.be.net/LuisHuizi / https://vimeo.com/user5486435
ONLINE FULL-PROFILE: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileluishuizi
A creative, articulate, dynamic, and results-oriented design and communications professional; Self-starter with personal drive, developing new insights while promoting creativity and innovation. Attained accomplishments and expertise in positions such as:
• Sr. Designer: Strategic and creative design of brands, services and products, market positioning, differentiation, identity, B2B/B2C e-commerce.
• Executive Director (founder) of a design and innovation international consultancy services center dedicated to promoting innovation and design (brand, service & product) as key elements of business competitiveness, achieving measurable positive results.
To add value and support, in a collaborative and ethical way by envisioning, researching, designing and implementing effective creative solutions to design challenges with regards to services, brands, communications and products, by understanding internal/external-client and stakeholder needs and experiences.
• A strong sense of visual style with exceptional envisioning skills while working within the framework of client restrictions and guidelines.
• Proven success in advertising agencies, B2B & B2C e-commerce and communications
• Strategic, big-picture thinking
• Open-minded and mature
• Analytical skills and tenacity
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to execute on projects - from concept through to final delivery
• Strong project management, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Expert usage of office, design and non-linear editing software in both Mac & PC platforms.
• Brand, service and product design
• Design thinking & methods
• Design and project management
• B2B & B2C e-commerce concept & design
• ISO quality management systems
• Software: MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere/Pinnacle Studio ; Autodesk 3DS Max.
• Script & copy writing
• Photography http://huizicam.wix.com/photoluishuizi
• Spanish (native/bilingual)
• English (full bilingual)
• German (elementary)
• Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Industrial Design/Transportation, Coventry University, UK.
• Foundation Arts, Blackburn College of Technology & Design, Blackburn, Lancashire, UK.
Continuing Professional Education:
• 2005.-Value Analysis - Monterey Tech, Guadalajara Campus, Guadalajara, Mexico, (32 hrs)
• 2003,-Logical Framework (LogFRAME) - (IDB www.iadb.org/), Caracas/Washington, (32 hrs)
• 2002.-Managing Innov. & Creativity - International Seminar DMI/Design Council, Lon-UK, (32 hrs)
• Finalist at the 1993 New York Festivals International Advertising Awards Competition 30"TV spot "Cuenta Corriente Union", received at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency).
• Excellence Award at the 1993 "American Bank Marketing Association Advertising Awards Competition, Master Card 30"TV spot "Generaciones", received at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency).
XAYBA Footwear: Creative and strategic brand development & identity design
Contract as external consultant by TEKsystems (Allegis Group). On a 5 month contract for the "Ignite" project. Provided compelling service and information design and communication support throughout the FedEx Innovation process through user experience planning, sketching, visual storytelling, video development, diagramming, presentations, and digital prototyping, to communicate service-design concepts and ideas especially around complex problems. Included project management, resource needs, copy development and coordination of final asset delivery.
Freelance consultancy services for strategic brand & identity design, service design, product design B2B & B2C e-commerce and promotional & institutional communications; over 25 multidisciplinary design & communications projects.
MOST RECENT CONTRACTS:
SEPT.-DEC.2012 Senior Strategy, Branding and Design Consultant at RELA Auto-adhesives; Strategic brand development and design, B2C e-commerce
-Senior Strategy, Branding and Design Consultant at PROAVANCA - "XAIBA" Footwear; Market positioning and differentiation, strategic brand design, look & feel, photography, UX mapping & design and B2C e-commerce site, aimed at their launch in the US and Europe, JAN 2012 - DEC. 2012. See: http://www.xayba.com/Home.do and http://www.coroflot.com/individual/edit-project?id=992667
-Senior Consultant, Strategic & Creative Promotion at Universidad Metropolitana (UNIMET), Center for Entrepreneurship Initiatives (CIE), Caracas, Venezuela, APRIL 2011 - JULY 2012. Service design and branding project, aimed at influencing the culture, climate, beliefs and behavior of the UNIMET's community, raising awareness and communicating the ideas, attitudes and behaviors necessary to promote, develop and maintain the process whereby the UNIMET may be recognized as an entrepreneurial University. See: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Strategic-Brand-Development-Design-and-Promotion/2488557 and http://www.coroflot.com/individual/edit-project?id=992679
- 2011 Brand & Logo Design at ORBISALUD; labor force health services providers.
- 2011,Photography, Strategic brand development/ identity design at JARDÍN DE LA VEGA. See: http: //www.behance.net/gallery/Jardn-de-La- Vega/2730623
- 2011, Photography at SAZINGG JEWELERS (sazingg.com). See: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Jewls-by-Sazingg/2652185
- 2011, Photography, Brand & Logo and Website Design at "LA CURAGUA ". See: http://www.wix.com/elsalado/curagua11
- 2008; Strategic brand development/ identity design, B2B2C e-commerce at ALUBAT ALFLON, C.A. Kitchenware . See: http://alubatalflon.net
- 2007; Reverse engineering at CTDI - 3D digitizing, CAD re-design. See: http://www.behance.net/LuisHuizi/frame/514453
- 2006 Value analysis and re-design at NOVOSTIL, C.A. http://www.novostil.net
- 2002 Translate to Spanish for DAKO of Pathology Catalog
- 2001 Translate to Spanish for THERMO SCIENTIFIC of Pathology Lab Equipment Catalogue
- 1995/1997 Design of a house / construction project in Margarita Island, Venezuela.
-1991 Design/Fabrication at CORPORACIÓN BRANDT C.A. Gig for straitening car's frames.
- 1990 Design/Fabrication at P&C GUAYACÁN C.A.: Tunnel Cleaning Vehicle .
Cutting edge consultancy and services in industrial design, 3D white light scanning, 3D printing (ABS FDM) rapid prototyping, CAE simulations.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE “CTDI”, Centro de Tecnología y Diseño Industrial (Centre for Technology and Industrial Design).
The CTDI is a nonprofit NGO (A spinoff from CONINDUSTRIA, Venezuela's Private Industries Association) dedicated to promote design and open innovation as key-elements for competitiveness. Leaded the ideation, management and development of the institution. During a 5 years period served 96 companies, managing more than 20,200 structured consultancy hours, also developing 8 R & D and design "in-house" projects. The CTDI provides advice, and management tools to identify the business needs and imperatives regarding design, innovation and technology; these requirements are then matched to the specific centers of expertise and/or consultants, part of CTDI's network (universities and intermediate), providers of the necessary value-adding consultancy services. Projects include:
-CTDI’s “Master Plan”, with participation of IAT Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología, at Seville, Spain and in Venezuela in alliance with Universities and Industry Chambers:
-Study of the demand for services
-Study of available services
-Definition of the centre’s management model
-Methodologies for the diagnostic on the state of Innovation, technology and design management and its use by enterprise (particularly SME’s)
-Preliminary studies for the development of the Technology, Design and Innovation "Showcase” Centre
-Methodology for replacement of imported parts for locally produced ones, in national manufacturing industry
-Plastics Sector Manufacturing-Business’ Technology Update
-Strengthening the competitiveness of the graphic arts’ industrial.
-Information management systems in geographically dispersed value chains.
-Methodology for improving the management of highly qualified human resources in Technology-Based Business.
NOTE: CONINDUSTRIA is the Venezuelan Chamber of Private Industriy
Quality & Environmental Management Systems in Smes
Total: US$ 2,013,528
Execution: 39 months
Disbursement: 42 months
Project Description: The program aims to increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through use of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 900, ISO 14000, and the Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) systems.
The program develops a market for management system training and implementation and helps build the technical capacity of SMEs.
The four components are:
(a) raising awareness among SMEs of the importance of international standards to increase their competitiveness;
(b) training consultants and auditors in quality and environmental management standards and HACCP;
(c) implementing quality and environmental management systems and HACCP in SMEs in order to promote quality, competitiveness, improved food safety, and exports; and
(d) institutional strengthening of the Standardization and Certification Fund (FONDONORMA).
NOTE: CONINDUSTRIA is the Venezuelan National Private Industries Association
PROGRAM TO STRENGTHEN THE COMPETITIVENESS OF SMALL AND MEDIUM- SIZED MANUFACTURING BUSINESSES (SMBs) IN VENEZUELA (CONINPYME)
Total Cost - Historic USD 2,838,070
OBJECTIVES: The general objective of the program is to strengthen the market workings of small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses (SMBs) in Venezuela, defined as units employing from 4 to 99 workers. The specific objective is to encourage increased demand for technology consulting services by SMBs for use in production and management. To achieve this objective, it will be necessary to organize the supply of specialized consulting services available in the Venezuelan market. Initially, support will be provided mainly to firms in the areas of textiles, including spinning, garment- making, and clothing; chemicals and plastics; and machine tool production.
Component I: Establishment of the Central Coordination Unit (CCU) in CONINDUSTRIA.
Component II: Promotion of the Technical Information and Consultant Referral System (SITRC) .
Component III: Development and consolidation of a system to promote, train, certify, and provide referrals for consultants.
Component IV: Delivery of services for technology transfer and adaptation and for consultant promotion and referral.
BENEFITS : Under the project: (i) a supply of technological services will be developed and consolidated under financial costs and terms accessible to SMBs; (ii) a shift in the culture of small and medium-sized firms towards the use of technical consulting will be encouraged to improve productivity.
Initial negotiations with international program vendors & regional TV broadcasters to assemble a technological network via satellite up-link, in offer to audiences and advertisers of simultaneous nationwide (Venezuela)l broadcast of a prime time programming/advertising-grid.
Production/Director for more than 15 commercial spots and documentaries, 3D animation
EXCECUTIVE PRODUCER of the agency's TV Commercials, Radio Commercials, Music, Documentaries and Photography.
Production/Director for more than 30 pieces including TV Commercial Spots, Documentaries and 3D Animation (AT&T TOPAZ)
Production/Director for more than 15 commercial spots and documentaries.
Design and construction of the post production suite in TODOVISION. Production Designer / Art Director / Set Designer for the production of 42 commercial spots in 35mm film and 1" videotape. All in a 20 month period.
Management for the implementation of the AMEX Community Program in Venezuela "Tome la Batuta"; manager for the the1985 "Tome la Batuta" ("Take the Baton") national tour of the full Orchestra, covering 16 cities over a period of 18 days; Strategic planning, logistics' design and implementation of promotional and fund raising activities (pre-tour to define and adapt concert locations, promotional media interviews, Ad Agency supervision of production, etc.). Ideation and promotion of Special Patrons' concerts, in-house, outdoors and in the Rios Reina Concert Hall of the Teresa Carreño Theater, seat of the OSV (programmed by the OSV's Artistic Director). Obtained from Grey Music, NYC, USA, a donation of John Williams' Star Wars and ET full orchestra sheet music, to program along with Gustav Holst's The Planets, in the OSV's "Galactic" (special for young audiences) Concerts. This position is associated with 1 Honor or Award.
Strategic Planning Consultant at VOZ Y VISIÓN DE VENEZUELA (then Amex's Think Tank in Venezuela) - Consultant in the team for the ideation of startegy for the American Express (AMEX)-COMUNITY PROGRAMME, in Venezuela, “Tome la Batuta” ("Take the Baton"), Winner of the ANDA (Venezuelan Advertisers Association) 1985 Award for Best Institutional Campaign. Art Director and selection of musical theme for the winning TV Spot.
Design of a new corporate identity (brand alphabet and logo) for "BANCO CARACAS" previous identity dating from 1890.
Intern (apprentice) Art Director at Grey Advertising Venezuela (part of the Grey Group) Design internship in compliance with BA Honors requirement to complete an "intern training period".