- + Follow
Senior Designer / Creative Art Director
Miami, FL, USA e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (305)992-0977 PORTFOLIO http://www.be.net/LuisHuizi PERSONAL STATEMENT A dynamic and results-driven designer / art director, overcoming marketing and communication challenges by researching and understanding the needs and experiences of clients (users/audiences and stakeholders), to skillfully manage, create, design, produce and implement effective and executable experiences. EXPERTISE • Creative / Art Direction • Advertising and promotion design • Brand identity design • Web UX and visual design • Service & process design • Design & innovation management • Photography & video SKILLS - Knowledge • Graphic print & branding design • Lean UX & web design • Design thinking and methods • Presentation and information design • Composition, color & typography • Art direction / Advertising • Photo & video prod, light, retouch & post-prod • Project & design management - Computer (Proficient use of PC & Mac platforms) • • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Premiere • Adobe InDesign • Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat • Autodesk 3DS Max and Sketchbook Pro • MS PowerPoint • MS Office • Project/Visio/Axure RP COMPETENCIES • Sharp sense of visual style • Advanced-concepting skills • Excellent communication and presentation skills • Strong project management and time management skills • High attention to detail • Inspires creativity and innovation LANGUAGES • Spanish (native/bilingual) • English (fully bilingual) • German (conversational) AWARDS • Finalist at the New York Festivals International Advertising Awards Competition: 30"TV spot "Cuenta Corriente Union" at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency) • Excellence Award at the "American Bank Marketing Association Advertising Awards Competition", 30"TV spot: Master Card "Generaciones" at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency)
Design consultancy, articulating creatively guided strategies; translating objectives into requirements to create and design positive associations and memorable user experiences, by a lean intervention in the ways in which creativity, branding, service/product design, information and communications overlap and complement one another; infusing the character of brands across products, systems, services, and communications, at key contact-points in an optimized user-experience map. SOME RECENT PROJECTS:
- SAZINGG JEWELRY, CORAL GABLES, FL. Creative copywriter, art director, producer (current part time contract): Communications design for multi-platform delivery promoting Sazingg's jewelry and accessories collections.
- NBCUNIVERSAL, INC. CORAL GABLES, FL. Presentation Designer (full time contract): 5 weeks project. Designer and co-producer for NBCUniversal's 2 day event: "2015 Latin-American Programming Summit".
- TEKSYSTEMS / FEDEX INNOVATION, MEMPHIS, TN. Information Designer (full time contract): 6 month project (code-name "Ignite"). Information designer participant in the development of concepts and ideas around complex future service design problems and future 3D environments.
- MOTO ESCAPE TOURING & RENTAL, MADRID, SPAIN. Art Director/Lead Designer (full time contract): 4 month project. See: www.tumotoescape.com and www.behance.net/gallery/26168449/MOTOESCAPE-Tours-Rental
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT. Designer (part time contract): 2 month project. Architectural and Environmental Project Draft: Island house residence in Margarita Island, Venezuela.
- XAYBA FOOTWEAR. Art Director / Lead Designer (full time contract): 12 month project. See: http://www.xayba.com/Home.do
- UNIVERSIDAD METROPOLITANA (UNIMET). Promotion Campaign Manager / Lead Designer for the Entrepreneurship Campaign (E-Zone): (See: http://bit.ly/rGJTzl
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE “CTDI”, CENTER FOR TECHNOLOGY, DESIGN AND INNOVATION
(Non-for-profit subsidiary of the Venezuelan Chamber of Industry CONINDUSTRIA)
- Led the ideation and master strategic marketing plan of the CTDI, alongside the Andalusia Institute of Technology (IAT) of Seville, Spain. The CTDI is an international consultancy center, aimed at promoting design and innovation as key elements of competitiveness.
- Responsible for content, IA, UX and visual web design: As an intermediary (open innovation HUB), CTDI linked demand and offer of consultancy services and business diagnosis-tools identifying needs/gaps with regards to the use and management of design, innovation and technology in companies. The requirements are matched to respective consultants and/or centers of expertise (Universities and intermediate) to implement the value services improvement plans.
- Successfully managed the marketing, sales and implementation of over 20,000 hours of structured consultancy services for over 100 design, technology and innovation projects at 96 companies. (CTDI was closed due to the economic and political conditions in Venezuela).
Program Implementation Manager for 65 projects related to process mapping, management-best-practices, ISO 9001 (quality) and ISO 14001 (environmental) management systems. Total cost - historic: USD 2,013,528. See: http://www.iadb.org/mobile/projects/project.cfm?id=TC0008025&lang=en
Industrial Design at Coventry has a strong and well-established identity. With an international reputation for design innovation, the department has a global perspective and we are proud to have graduates in many design offices around the world; focused on creativity and professionalism and providing students with the opportunity to apply for placements and industry experience. The courses offer a diverse and exploratory learning experience and the teaching team is made up of specialists with extensive industry experience. A school which was awarded ‘Best Design School’ in the World Automotive Design competition in 2004, was the winner of the Sir Misha Black Award for Innovation in Design Education 2007 and the winner of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2008; A teaching team that includes design professionals with many years of experience in the automotive and transport design business.
The course consists of 7 units, where learners are encouraged to explore materials, media and ideas. Learners then build on techniques they have learnt to initiate their own research and final projects. Pathways include moving image and audio production, photography, graphics and visual communication, fashion and textiles, fine art and three dimensional design. The course is specifically designed to challenge higher-level learners, particularly students with a vocational Level 3 or A-Level profile. Blackburn College now have a UAL progression agreement in place, and are one of only 10 in the country to achieve this status.