- + Follow
Senior Designer / Design Manager
267 Arbor Commons Cir, Apt 205 Memphis, TN 38120
(901) 237-9539 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE PORTFOLIO/DEMO-REEL: http://www.be.net/LuisHuizi
ONLINE FULL-PROFILE: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileluishuizi
A creative, articulate, dynamic, and results-oriented design and communications professional; Self-starter with personal drive, develops new insights while promoting and inspiring creativity and innovation. Attained accomplishments and expertise in positions such as:
• Sr. Designer: Strategic and creative design of brands and communications, strategic brand development, market positioning, differentiation, innovation architecture and B2B/B2C e-commerce; Identity, service & UX design and ergonomics.
• Ad-agency award-winning TV commercials producer/art director: Independent producer / director / production-designer / art director / photographer & videographer for over 100 TV commercials, radio, photography and video as well as for corporate and institutional communications.
• Executive Director (founder) of an international design & innovation consultancy center dedicated to promoting design and innovation as key elements of business competitiveness, achieving measurable positive impact for clients.
Adding value and support in a collaborative and ethical way, by researching, designing and implementing effective creative solutions to challenges in business, products and communications, achieving results through the understanding of internal and external client and stakeholder needs and experiences.
• A strong sense of visual style with exceptional conceptualizing skills while working within the framework of client restrictions and guidelines.
• Proven success in advertising agencies, B2B & B2C e-commerce and communications
• Strategic, big-picture thinking
• Open-minded and mature
• Analytical skills and tenacity
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to execute on projects - from concept through to production
• Strong project management, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Expert usage of office and design/editing software.
• Brand and identity design & development
• B2B & B2C e-commerce concept & design
• Photography http://huizicam.wix.com/photoluishuizi
• Software: MS Office Suite, Photoshop, In Design, Premiere & Acrobat Pro, 3DS Max
• Script & copy writing
• Design thinking & methods
• Project management
• Business strategy
• ISO 9001 quality management system
• Spanish (native/bilingual proficiency)
• English (full bilingual proficiency)
• German (elementary proficiency)
• Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Industrial Design/Transportation, Coventry University, UK.
• Foundation Arts, Blackburn College of Technology & Design, Blackburn, Lancashire, UK.
• Finalist at the 1993 New York Festivals International Advertising Awards Competition TV 30" "Cuenta Corriente Union", received at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency).
• Excellence Award at the 1993 "American Bank Marketing Association Advertising Awards Competition, Master Card TV 30" "Generaciones", received at/by Pegaso Publicidad (ad agency).
XAYBA Footwear: Creative and strategic brand development & identity design
Information Designer @ Fedex Innovation
- Mar 2013 - Present (9 months)
Provide compelling design and communication support throughout the FedEx Innovation process through sketching, visual storytelling, video development, diagramming, presentations, user experience planning and digital prototyping.Assess, provide guidance and contribute to ad hoc communications support that could include project management, resource needs to identify, copy development and coordination of final asset delivery. Develop and manage Innovation department communications asset such as templates, standard organization communications, and branded assets.Possess an advanced understanding of design principles, typography, color and page layout, and have an impeccable eye for detail. Have a passion for developing Illustrations, info graphics and data visualizations. Work well with teams - both internally and externally - to communicate design concepts and ideas especially around complex problems.
Principal / Designer / Director
- HUIZI PRODUCCION (Sole proprietor)
- Sep 1991 - Dec 2012 (21 years 3 months)
Consultancy services in project management and for the strategic marketing and creative research, design and development of brands and communications, products and experiences, delivering value-adding solutions on time and within or under budget; Over 25 multidisciplinary design & communications projects including: Strategic brand & identity design, B2B & B2C e-commerce, TV commercials and documentaries' production-design and art direction, videography/photography and 3D animation
- Sep 1991 - Dec 2012 (21 years 3 months)
APRIL 2011 - JULY 2012. Senior Consultant for Promotion, Design and Branding for the Entrepreneurship Program at Center for Entrepreneurship Initiatives (CIE) at Universidad Metropolitana (UNIMET), Caracas, Venezuela. Innovation architect in a highly researched and documented strategic and design project, whose objective is influencing the culture, climate, beliefs and behavior of the UNIMET's community, to raise its awareness and inform it with regards to the ideas, attitudes and behaviors necessary to promote, develop and maintain the process whereby the UNIMET may be recognized as an entrepreneurial University. See at: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Strategic-Brand-Development-Design-and-Promotion/2488557; Creative /Art Director for the ideation, concept, design and execution of the branding and promo pieces (concepts, branding, graphics and video), for the Entrepreneurship Program; To create, design and execute the campaign to consolidate "Entrepreneurship" as a key element of its brand character and to enhance the brand's lifecycle.
- Sep 1991 - Dec 2012 (21 years 3 months)
SEPT.-DEC.2012 Senior Strategy, Branding and Design Consultant at RELA Auto-adhesives; Strategic brand development and design, B2C e-commerce
MAY-DECEMBER 2012: Consultant strategic brand development/identity design/B2C e-commerce at "XAYBA" brand footwear for their launch in the European and USA markets. See: https://vimeo.com/56329697 http://www.xayba.com/Home.do
- 2011 Brand & Logo Design at ORBISALUD; labor force health services providers.
- 2011,Photography, Strategic brand development/ identity design at JARDÍN DE LA VEGA. See: http: //www.behance.net/gallery/Jardn-de-La- Vega/2730623
- 2011, Photography at SAZINGG JEWELERS (sazingg.com). See: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Jewls-by-Sazingg/2652185
- 2011, Photography, Brand & Logo and Website Design at "LA CURAGUA ". See: http://www.wix.com/elsalado/curagua11
- 2008; Strategic brand development/ identity design, B2B2C e-commerce at ALUBAT ALFLON, C.A. Kitchenware . See: http://alubatalflon.net
- 2007; Reverse engineering at CTDI - 3D digitizing, CAD re-design. See: http://www.behance.net/LuisHuizi/frame/514453
- 2006 Value analysis and re-design at NOVOSTIL, C.A. http://www.novostil.net
- 2002 Translate to Spanish for DAKO of Pathology Catalog
- 2001 Translate to Spanish for THERMO SCIENTIFIC of Pathology Lab Equipment Catalogue
- 1995/1997 Design of a house / construction project in Margarita Island, Venezuela.
-1991 Design/Fabrication at CORPORACIÓN BRANDT C.A. Gig for straitening car's frames.
- 1990 Design/Fabrication at P&C GUAYACÁN C.A.: Tunnel Cleaning Vehicle .
- MADDIX - Manufactura Digital y Diseño Industrial Extendido, C.A.
- Jun 2009 - Jun 2012 (3 years)
Cutting edge consultancy and services in industrial design, 3D white light scanning, 3D printing (ABS FDM) rapid prototyping, CAE simulations.
- CTDI, Centro de Tecnología y Diseño Industrial (Center for Technology & Industrial Design)
- Apr 2005 - Aug 2010 (5 years 4 months)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE “CTDI”, Centro de Tecnología y Diseño Industrial (Centre for Technology and Industrial Design).
The CTDI is a nonprofit NGO (A spinoff from CONINDUSTRIA, Venezuela's Private Industries Association) dedicated to promote design and open innovation as key-elements for competitiveness. Leaded the ideation, management and development of the institution. During a 5 years period served 96 companies, managing more than 20,200 structured consultancy hours, also developing 8 R & D and design "in-house" projects. The CTDI provides advice, and management tools to identify the business needs and imperatives regarding design, innovation and technology; these requirements are then matched to the specific centers of expertise and/or consultants, part of CTDI's network (universities and intermediate), providers of the necessary value-adding consultancy services. Projects include:
-CTDI’s “Master Plan”, with participation of IAT Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología, at Seville, Spain and in Venezuela in alliance with Universities and Industry Chambers:
-Study of the demand for services
-Study of available services
-Definition of the centre’s management model
-Methodologies for the diagnostic on the state of Innovation, technology and design management and its use by enterprise (particularly SME’s)
-Preliminary studies for the development of the Technology, Design and Innovation "Showcase” Centre
-Methodology for replacement of imported parts for locally produced ones, in national manufacturing industry
-Plastics Sector Manufacturing-Business’ Technology Update
-Strengthening the competitiveness of the graphic arts’ industrial.
-Information management systems in geographically dispersed value chains.
-Methodology for improving the management of highly qualified human resources in Technology-Based Business.
NOTE: CONINDUSTRIA is the Venezuelan Chamber of Private Industriy
- CONINDUSTRIA/FONDONORMA/MIF/IADB (Multilateral Investment Fund / Inter American Development Bank)
- Apr 2000 - Apr 2005 (5 years)
Quality & Environmental Management Systems in Smes
Total: US$ 2,013,528
Execution: 39 months
Disbursement: 42 months
Project Description: The program aims to increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through use of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 900, ISO 14000, and the Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) systems.
The program develops a market for management system training and implementation and helps build the technical capacity of SMEs.
The four components are:
(a) raising awareness among SMEs of the importance of international standards to increase their competitiveness;
(b) training consultants and auditors in quality and environmental management standards and HACCP;
(c) implementing quality and environmental management systems and HACCP in SMEs in order to promote quality, competitiveness, improved food safety, and exports; and
(d) institutional strengthening of the Standardization and Certification Fund (FONDONORMA).
NOTE: CONINDUSTRIA is the Venezuelan National Private Industries Association
- CONINDUSTRIA / MIF/IADB (Multilateral Investment Fund / Inter American Development Bank)
- Apr 2000 - Sep 2003 (3 years 5 months)
PROGRAM TO STRENGTHEN THE COMPETITIVENESS OF SMALL AND MEDIUM- SIZED MANUFACTURING BUSINESSES (SMBs) IN VENEZUELA (CONINPYME)
Total Cost - Historic USD 2,838,070
OBJECTIVES: The general objective of the program is to strengthen the market workings of small and medium-sized manufacturing businesses (SMBs) in Venezuela, defined as units employing from 4 to 99 workers. The specific objective is to encourage increased demand for technology consulting services by SMBs for use in production and management. To achieve this objective, it will be necessary to organize the supply of specialized consulting services available in the Venezuelan market. Initially, support will be provided mainly to firms in the areas of textiles, including spinning, garment- making, and clothing; chemicals and plastics; and machine tool production.
Component I: Establishment of the Central Coordination Unit (CCU) in CONINDUSTRIA.
Component II: Promotion of the Technical Information and Consultant Referral System (SITRC) .
Component III: Development and consolidation of a system to promote, train, certify, and provide referrals for consultants.
Component IV: Delivery of services for technology transfer and adaptation and for consultant promotion and referral.
BENEFITS : Under the project: (i) a supply of technological services will be developed and consolidated under financial costs and terms accessible to SMBs; (ii) a shift in the culture of small and medium-sized firms towards the use of technical consulting will be encouraged to improve productivity.
Business Venture Development Manager
- TV RED
- Feb 1999 - Mar 2000 (1 year 1 month)
Initial negotiations with international program vendors & regional TV broadcasters to assemble a technological network via satellite up-link, in offer to audiences and advertisers of simultaneous nationwide (Venezuela)l broadcast of a prime time programming/advertising-grid.
Operations Manager/ Production Designer & Art Director
- VIDEOFILM SIGLO XXI
- Jan 1994 - Dec 1995 (1 year 11 months)
Production/Director for more than 15 commercial spots and documentaries, 3D animation
Head of Audiovisual Production
- PEGASO PUBLICIDAD (Banco Unión Group).
- Jan 1991 - Dec 1993 (2 years 11 months)
EXCECUTIVE PRODUCER of the agency's TV Commercials, Radio Commercials, Music, Documentaries and Photography.
3D Design/ Animation Manager, Art Director
- VIDEOLATINO, C.A.
- Sep 1988 - May 1990 (1 year 8 months)
Production/Director for more than 30 pieces including TV Commercial Spots, Documentaries and 3D Animation (AT&T TOPAZ)
Founding Partner & Arts Manager
- IMAGEN PRODUCCIÓN C.A.
- Jan 1988 - Aug 1988 (7 months)
Production/Director for more than 15 commercial spots and documentaries.
Production Designer & Art Director
- TIUNA FILMS/TODOVISION
- Feb 1986 - Oct 1987 (1 year 8 months)
Design and construction of the post production suite in TODOVISION. Production Designer / Art Director / Set Designer for the production of 42 commercial spots in 35mm film and 1" videotape. All in a 20 month period.
Promotions and Marketing Manager
- VENEZUELA SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.
- Jan 1985 - Dec 1985 (11 months)
Management for the implementation of the AMEX Community Program in Venezuela "Tome la Batuta"; manager for the the1985 "Tome la Batuta" ("Take the Baton") national tour of the full Orchestra, covering 16 cities over a period of 18 days; Strategic planning, logistics' design and implementation of promotional and fund raising activities (pre-tour to define and adapt concert locations, promotional media interviews, Ad Agency supervision of production, etc.). Ideation and promotion of Special Patrons' concerts, in-house, outdoors and in the Rios Reina Concert Hall of the Teresa Carreño Theater, seat of the OSV (programmed by the OSV's Artistic Director). Obtained from Grey Music, NYC, USA, a donation of John Williams' Star Wars and ET full orchestra sheet music, to program along with Gustav Holst's The Planets, in the OSV's "Galactic" (special for young audiences) Concerts. This position is associated with 1 Honor or Award.
- VOZ Y VISIÓN DE VENEZUELA
- Apr 1984 - Nov 1984 (7 months)
Strategic Planning Consultant at VOZ Y VISIÓN DE VENEZUELA (then Amex's Think Tank in Venezuela) - Consultant in the team for the ideation of startegy for the American Express (AMEX)-COMUNITY PROGRAMME, in Venezuela, “Tome la Batuta” ("Take the Baton"), Winner of the ANDA (Venezuelan Advertisers Association) 1985 Award for Best Institutional Campaign. Art Director and selection of musical theme for the winning TV Spot.
Contract: Branding Designer
- Grey Advertising Venezuela
- Aug 1983 - Nov 1983 (3 months)
Design of a new corporate identity (brand alphabet and logo) for "BANCO CARACAS" previous identity dating from 1890.
Intern: Jr. Art Director
- Grey Advertising Venezuela
- May 1982 - Oct 1982 (5 months)
Intern (apprentice) Art Director at Grey Advertising Venezuela (part of the Grey Group) Design internship in compliance with BA Honors requirement to complete an "intern training period".
- BA (Honours) Industrial Design/Transport
- 1979 - 1983
Blackburn College of Technology & Design
- Foundation Arts Fine/Studio Arts, General
- 1978 - 1979
Liceo Nocturno Cardenal Quintero
- High School
- 1976 - 1978
Colegio Humboldt, Caracas, Venezuela
- High School
- 1971 - 1976
St. Leon de Westmount, Montreal, Canada
- 1967 - 1970
St. Paul's Elementary, Montreal, Canada
- 1966 - 1967
Colegio San Ignacio de Loyola, Caracas, Venezuela
- Pre-School & Primary
- 1962 - 1966
- 1993.- Finalist at New York Festivals (Unión current account).
- 1993.- Excellence Award "American Bank Marketing Association Advertising Awards Competition" (BancUnión MasterCard).
- 1985.- AMEX-COMMUNITY “Tome la Batuta” ("Take the Baton") Award for Best Institutional Campaign.