I am available to consult on your next design project. Feel free to contact me. I am a Senior Designer with extensive and diversified experience in product design for multiple industries. Proven success managing entire design projects from concept through prototype production. Fluent in German. Expertise include; Product Development, Brainstorming Leader, Ideation Strategies, Client Relations, Strategic Presentations, Concept Development, Model Making, Prototype Development
Creature Design and Movie props
Various Consumer product and Automotive firms in the Detroit metro area, including Homedics and Ameriprise.
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, 2007-Current
Provide instruction in industrial design for undergraduate students. Create curriculum and projects. Advance Industrial design studio, portfolio class an intro to Design.
ALPS AUTOMOTIVE, 2002-2007
Auburn Hills, MI
Manufacturer of electronic components utilized in the consumer product market.
Creative Industrial Designer / Project Leader
Responsible for new business development and design innovation. Designed Haptic Input Devices, User Interface, Passive Keyless entry, Bluetooth Audio products. Managed multiple design projects.
* Served as Brainstorming Coordinator scheduling sessions that provided a forum for developing new business concepts and product ideas.
o Brainstormed with Alpine Electronics ( sister company ) Marketing President developing innovative new product ideas with two of three concepts scheduled to go to market.
* Managed projects from concept through prototype ensuring on time delivery within budget constraints.
* Managed customer on site promotional events including: planning, scheduling, coordinating display layouts and exhibits, managing vendors and providing on site support.
* Proactively initiated new product concepts and prototypes for introduction to the marketplace.
* Mentored Wayne State University interns overseeing project work and completion.
* Deployed to Japan to support marketing at promotional events by providing product support.
EXHIBIT WORKS INC., 2001-2002
Design, build and manage exhibits for displays, trade shows and lobbies.
Recruited to design exhibits ranging from trade show and lobby components to major auto shows including managing all model building.
* Partnered with sales to design, maintain and manage projects, budgets and timing.
* Designed exhibit models valued at $50K to $100K for use in sales presentations.
BOTZEN DESIGN, Detroit, MI 1991-2000
Product Design and Development.
Managed sales and all projects, including: design, estimating, materials acquisition, fabrication, client relations and presentations.
* Managed designers, fabricators and engineers toward achievement of project objectives.
* Designed and built products under stringent timelines ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Met with clients, identified objectives and piloted team to deliver the desired product on time and on budget.
BID, Industrial Design, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY 1990
AAS, Architecture, Vermont Technical College, Randolph, VT 1987