- + Follow
Mahdyar Fakhraei Ghazvini
I, Mahdyar Fakhraei Ghazvini, am an industrial designer. I'm 28 and was born in San Jose, CA. I have received my master's degree in Industrial Design from the University of Tehran (Feb. 2012) and also my bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Aachen University of Applied Sciences (FH-Aachen), Germany (Aug. 2007).
My main interest in design includes fields related to product design & packaging, 3D-modeling, and interior design. My strength includes modeling various parts, packages, household products & furniture, plastic or metallic crafts, etc. My education in both fields of art and engineering has gave me the ability to use my creativity and arty-styled ideas alongside with mechanism-analysis during designing a product and packages so that it could become aesthetically attractive and yet usable at the same time.
I'm fully skilled on working with the SolidWorks® program and have designed and modeled various products that have already been enrolled to manufacturing in mass-production industry. I have completed several 3D-modeling projects using this program as well. These projects include as following:
- Designing shapes for cell-phones and hard-drives, modeling industrial machines' parts & assemblies such as components of optomechanical instruments (microscopes & telescopes)
- Modeling packages for different goods (promotional gifts for food companies)
- Interior design particularly exhibit designs and store interiors
- Designing and modeling households such as toasters, shade lamps, LED fiber-lights, coffee maker, ice trays, disk-holder, characteristic swatters, closets, TV & media set desks
- Designing products which are manufactured in mass such as trays, catering sets for airlines (including 3 families of trays with cups, bowls and plates for 3 different classes of passengers)
- Designing oil- & juice bottles which are manufactured by molding & injection method
- designing and modeling playing-instruments for kids such as added valued kick-scooters
- Designing & modeling concepts for running-shoes (which were my master's thesis project).
In addition, I have designed concepts related to the fields of jewelry-design and urban-design. These designs include: designing a ring and a phone-booth.
Furthermore, I have several years of experience in working with the Adobe Photoshop® and AAA-Logo® Design programs. In terms of the field of graphic design, designing logos and brand identity interests me the most. Due to my extensive interest in this area of design, I have previously designed many logos, logotypes, flyers & posters for different firms.
In addition, I have extensive amount of experience in programs such as PhotoView® and KeyShot® rendering engines which are useful for presenting modeled products & packages.
I have more than three years of work experience exclusively in the fields of design & arts. During this period, my job-roles as an industrial designer were product designing, product modeling and design engineering. Aside my defined duties as the product designer, I have also performed as the design-project-coordinator in some projects. I have also managed several projects in which I have been positioned as the observant field-engineer as well.
I can speak English, German and Persian.
Mahdyar F. Ghazvini
21717 Granada Ave. Cupertino, CA 95014
Home: (408) 418-4592
Cell: (929) 228-8923
To develop and design innovative products from inception through manufacturing; my aspiration is to create and integrate unique design features into the product to enhance its image, applications, & marketing.
CanDo Design Lab; Tehran, Iran; Feb. 2012 to Present
* Product Design & 3D Modeling
* Design consumer and household products
* Develop strategic design features for mass marketing application
Freelance Design; Tehran, Iran; Sep. 2009 to Feb. 2012
* Shape design for consumer electronics
* Teaching SolidWorks
** Industrial Designers
** Mechanical Engineers
Sazan Co.; Tehran, Iran; Sep. 2008 to Mar. 2009
* Mechanical design engineer
* 3D modeling and analysis
MA: Industrial Design, 2009-2012
* University of Tehran, Iran (UT); Kish International Campus
BS: Mechanical Engineering, 2003-2007
* Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany
Metamorphosis Workshop, Mar. 2011
* Cooperated by University of Tehran & National University of Singapore
Proficiency & Software Skills:
SolidWorks, Autodesk 3D Max & AutoCAD
Adobe Photoshop-Illustrator-Dreamweaver, AAA Logo Design, & Freehand
PhotoView 360, KeyShot, & HyperShot
Fluent in English, German, & Farsi
University of Tehran
- Masters Industrial Design
- 2009 - 2012
Master Thesis: Designing a Running Shoe with Energy-Generation ability with Green Design-Approach Courses passed: - Industrial Design Methodology (Nigel Cross Rational Method / Kanzey Engineering / Scenario-based Design) - Strategic Design (Designing Brand Identity & Corporate Identity) - Art Critics & Design (Analysis of Different fields of designed things such as products, advertisements, phtography, etc) - Project 1 & 2 of Industrial Design (Design Management / BOM / Evaluation / Value Engineering / DFM / DFS / DFE) - Sustainable Design (Carlo Vezzulli's Methodology) - Consumer Behavior - Entrepreneurship in Design - Presentation Techniques - Metamorphosis Workshop (Cooperated program between National University of Singapore & University of Tehran)
- Cerification Product Design
- 2011 - 2011
Cooperated by University of Tehran & National University of Singapore
Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Aachen, Germany
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- 2003 - 2007