- + Follow
Product Design SPECIALIST WITH 10 yrs exp in design tools.
Tools Known: INVENTOR, SOLID WORKS & Pro-e , Modeling, Sheet Metal, i-Assembly, i-parts, Advanced options in INVENTOR, Detailing, Analysis & Styling. Proficiency : Very Good .Total Hrs Worked: 7000 - 8200 Total Experience : 8 years
Domain Experienced: Industrial Design, Hydraulic & Refrigeration Valves, Industrial and Domestic Pumps, Sheet metal, Automobile, Mining m/c, Industrial m/c.
Rendering New samples
My New Product Design
Current Location: Matawan, New Jersey, USA.
B.S (Mechanical) Specialized in CAD SYSTEMS with 8 Yrs in Industrial & Engineering Designing, Castings, Sheet metal & Plastics.
Challenging and rewarding position in a growth-oriented organization that offers diverse job responsibility in mechanical design engineering and will fully utilize my Knowledge, Creative abilities and Talents.
Which of my job experiences do I think has prepared me for this position?
• PLASTICS, SHEET-METAL, CASTINGS & EXTRUSION EXPERIENCE:
I have worked with many products that involve complex designs. I am good in core and cavity splitting in solidworks, plastic flow analysis, Mold flow analysis, and Basic analysis of deformation, Analysis of Design for Manufacturability, Assembly and interference.
I am excellent in rendering and Photoshop works for marketing support of the product.
I have worked with many customers like Parker Hannifin, Joy Mining, Jordan Consumer products, PEPSI & Kimberly-Clark. Kindly refer my resume bottom for complete client lists.
My online portfolio: http://www.wix.com/Mahendranathan/MAHENDRA-iD
• CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP:
In my experience, my major tasks are all involving customer relationship. I have worked with India’s top 4th engineering service companies, so here I have to deal with varieties of customers. I have received the appreciation from many customers regarding my query communication. I have supported many customers in their marketing product promotions. So I have major relationships with customer expectations and understanding the right customer’s needs. Once you talk to me – you will believe me.
• TRAININGS UNDERGONE:
? SIX SIGMA for GREEN BELT DFSS - DFM, DFT, RELIABLITY.
? HYDRAULICS AND CONTROL SYSTEMS.
? PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING INDUSTRY.
? QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING SOLUTION.
? VALUE ENGINEERING, CONCEPT DESIGNING & STYLING.
• MY PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
I have a good experience in managing projects on my own. I can work on Project Management where I can take care of the multiple projects - follow up- engineering product support to marketing- team technical support - quality control - delivery - customer interaction - support management - sales support.
I have work on many US based and Europe Based clients understanding their needs and requirements perfectly.
I have worked on many complex components and assemblies that involved Designing Detailing, ECR, Online catalog creations, with shrink-wrap options and I have trained people on my own for further team expansion. Past companies I have trained nearly 40 - 50 people. I have managed a team size of 6 engineers. I am ready to handle more engineers as per the project size. My colleges says “I am a good team player as well as a good leader”
• MY SKILL SETS:
CAD Concept Designing, Complex Assemblies in Inventor and Solidworks, Inventor huge I-assemblies, Industrial Design - Worked on Concept Sketching - 3D Modeling - Real time Rendering - Mock-up. Worked on MATRIX ONE-PDM software, and have Microsoft Office Photoshop and few Graphics tools. I have very good experience in 3D modeling in industrial Equipment field of valves, automotive components, Consumer and Industrial Products. Trained on ISO 9001, DFSS, DFM and PROJECT MANAGEMENT.
• HELPING THE CUSTOMER AS WELL AS THE TEAM:
This is a simple but powerful tool that helps the CAD engineer to reduce his error drastically and reduces the time spent on the quality control, rework and errors produced in a manufacturing drawings, this concept helps the engineer to be aware of the customer expectations clearly before releasing the drawings to the next level. This really saved huge work hours for the company as well as the client. 1 man hr = $40 and total engineers working were 10 numbers in that project and billed for 9 hrs per day, so rough time saved 1 hrs per day per engineer, so 10x1=10x$40=400$ per day to the client. (Roughly)
• ME EFFECTIVELY WORKING IN A TEAM:
Once we had a huge number of drawings to be delivered to manufacturing department. And suddenly the customer made a major modification on the few components which affected the sub-assemblies and major assemblies which was an I-assembly. So me and few engineers stayed at office and continued the 2nd and 3rd shift and finished the complete assy and delivered the drawings. So we prevented the production delay and we got the appreciation from the client. I helped my team members and made them to finish up their work too.
That was a really challenging task for us from the client.
Doing quality control for the components and assemblies done by others and rectifying the errors helped the other team members to prevent the mistakes in the next time. We track the errors done by individual to help them find where they do the mistake and it does not repeat the next time. This helped in improving the efficiency, time and cost.
• HOW I ADJUST TO DIFFICULT OR UNEXPECTED SITUATIONS OR PROBLEMS:
Once we had a huge number of drawings to be delivered to manufacturing department and suddenly the customer made a major modification on the few components which affected the sub-assemblies and major assemblies which was an I-assembly. So me and few engineers stayed at office and continued the 2nd and 3rd shift and finished the complete assembly and delivered the drawings. So we prevented the production delay and we got the appreciation from the client.
• WILLING TO RELOCATE:
Yes I am willing to relocate anywhere within USA for a permanent position with at-least a minimal basic relocation provided as per the companies policies.
I am a Green Card holder; I can work for any company without any future sponsorship.
CAREER RELATED EXPERIENCE/ ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Multi skilled - Good independent team player as well as good in project lead.
• 8+ yrs Experience in design and detailing sheet metal, die cast and extrusion products.
• Worked for all major USA and EUROPE based companies with all major universal standards.
• Experience in product design Lifecycle and development for manufacturing.
• Trainings Undergone
o SIX SIGMA- GREEN BELT- DFSS - DFM, DFT, RELIABILITY Training.
o HYDRAULICS AND CONTROL SYSTEMS.
o PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING INDUSTRY.
o QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN ENGINEERING SOLUTION.
o VALUE ENGINEERING.
o CONCEPT DESIGNING & STYLING.
• Have worked on multi environment projects, so easily adoptable to new changes.
• Always have the desire and ability to learn new technologies to keep me updated to the latest.
• Good writing, communications and interpersonal skills – Received appreciation in customer presentations skills in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Education Background and Awards:
• BS Mechanical Engineering – Bharathiyar University, INDIA - April 2002 – GPA - 3.5 B+ First Class (80%).
? University exam first rank in Machine design engineering.
? University exam topper in the final semester result –overall scored 90 out of 100.
? Publicity chairman for Society for Automotive Engineers (SAE)
? Best Project award: Material handling Robot with AI using microcontroller– Fork lift truck.
• Engineering Diploma in Mechanical – SNGIT, INDIA – April 1999 – GPA - 4 A+ Honors (89%).
? Best Outgoing student of Mechanical Engineering – AWARD WINNER.
DESIGN TOOLS PROFICIENCY
• Primary Tools: Autodesk INVENTOR, SOLID WORKS with PHOTOWORKS 360, SOLID EDGE.
? Total Experience: 9 years (7000 – 8200 Hrs)
? Proficiency: EXPERT
• Industrial Design Tools: ALIAS for Inventor, SHOWCASE, RHINO, KEY SHOT & PHOTOWORKS 360.
? Total Experience: 8 years (2500 - 3000 Hrs)
• Secondary Tools: Pro-Engineer, Unigraphics NX, CATIA V5, Auto CAD, Autodesk Publisher, Inventor Fusion.
? Total Experience: 4 years (2500 - 3000 Hrs)
• Microsoft tools: MS OFFICE – WORD, POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS, EXCELL, MS OUTLOOK.
• Graphic tools: Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, Adobe pdf writer, Adobe IMAGE Styler, Particle Illusion.
• User Interface Experience: I know complete service and rectifying the software problem caused in a Laptop, PC, Apple i-phone, i-PAD, i-pod. I can configure and install any software in any windows operating system. I can fix the errors caused by the driver failures and viruses.
• MINING MACHINE PARTS, ASSYS, DRAWINGS WITH BOM for JOY MINING - USA
• HYDRAULICS AND REFRIGERATION PARTS, i-ASSYS for PARKER- SPORLAN - USA
• CONVEYOR for Kimberly-Clark- USA
• COUPLINGS for ROPLANE- USA
• PLASTIC COMPONENTS for SPEEDOMETER ASSY - JAPAN.
• SHEET METAL PARTS & ASSYS for KURT VERSEN- USA
• CONCEPT DESIGNS & STYLING for US & GERMAN Company
• AUTOMOTIVE DISCS for TWO WHEELER DISC BRAKES - INDIA.
• CONCEPT DESIGN OF DEFENCE VEHICLE - ERV - MAHINDRA ENGINEERING INDIA - USA
• GEAR CASING CASTING FOR FOUR-WHEELER - GERMANY
• CONCEPT DESIGN COOL DRINK DISPENSER PEPSI-USA
• CONCEPT DESIGN - HELTH PRODUCT - JARDEN CONSUMER PRODUCTS- USA
• CONCEPT DESIGN - CONSUMR DURABLE - JARDEN CONSUMER PRODUCTS - USA
PARK COLLEGE OF ENGG AND TECHNOLOGY