Graduated from the University of Northumbria's Ba (hons) Transportation Design course with a first class honours degree in 2000. Directly after graduation established Xenophya Design to specialise in design and development for the motorcycle industry. We are proud to have developed a client list of some of the best known brands in the industry for product planning and concept design in the motorcycle and scooter markets.
Xenophya Design was established in 2001 to specialise in design and development for the motorcycle industry. We are proud to have developed a client list of some of the best known brands in the industry for product planning and concept design in the motorcycle and scooter markets.
Founders Mark Wells and Ian Wride have been immersed in various parts of the motorcycle world for over 10 years, graduating with Honours in Transport Design and establishing Xenophya design in 2001.
Xenophya now employs a network of experienced and passionate designers, engineers and service providers working towards the goal of becoming the premier port of call for outsourcing motorcycle design services in Europe.
We offer a range of creative design and development services; from initial design strategy & product planning through concept generation & product styling to clay modelling and prototyping.
The scope and budget of every project is different. Our approach, therefore, is one of total flexibility. Each of our services can be utilised to supplement your development process, or in partnership with our network of collaborators; we can provide a fully managed 'turn-key' product from concept to manufacture.
Xenophya are active members of the Motorcycle Design Association, whilst also lecturing on Northumbria University's Transportation Design and Design for Industry courses.
Unit 40b (The Phya Station)
+44 (0)1670 735588
+44 (0) 7810 436 189
We have had experience working with large and small OEMs as well as small specialised makers and component manufacturers. We are proud to have developed a client list of some of the best known brands in the industry for product planning and concept design in the motorcycle and scooter markets:
• ArianeTech Ingeniería
• AJS Ltd
• Bajaj Auto Ltd
• CSR Moto
• Fischer Motor Co.
• Rieju SA
• Triumph Ltd.
• Vepro Ltd.
• Yamaha YEC
Aztec Training Service Ltd 2002:
• McNeel approved training course Rhino 3d NURBS modeling
Northumbria University 1997 - 2000:
• First Class BA (Hons), Transportation Design
Norwich School of Art and Design 1996 - 1997:
• Merit, Art Foundation BTEC National Diploma
• Strong Design Research Skills
• CPA & Target User Reviews
• Design Strategy, Product Planning, QFD
• Design Process Implementation & Project Management
• Concept Design & Illustration,
• Advanced Manual Sketching Skills,
• Expert in Adobe CS (Photoshop & Illustrator InDesign)
• Advanced Clay Modelling Skills (specifically PTW)
• Advanced Hard Modelling Skills (specifically PTW)
• Intermediate McNeel Rhino 3D
• Reverse Engineering Processes Experience
• Design for Implementation & Manufacturing Techniques
• Client Relationship & Account Management Experience
• Design Studio Marketing & Management
• Working experience throughout Europe & India
• In-depth & Esoteric Knowledge of Global Motorcycle & Scooter Markets
2001-Northern Arts Cultural Business Venture Award
2002- 'Pioneer' New Product Programme Award
Apart from Xenophya Design, Motorcycle Racing (road/mx/trials), classic motorcycles, architecture, Music (D&B, breaks, trip hop)
References will be furnished upon request.