- + Follow
Matteo Trisolini Longobardi
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Enthusiastic and creative industrial designer with 4 years in-house experience in Asia for leading consumer electronic brands including AT&T, Vtech telecommunications, Deutsche Telecoms, Samsung, BBC iPlayer, and startup nixplay. predominantly skilled in front end design I work with clients and brands to identify user insights, needs and aspirations and translating the results into viable design strategies that align with marketing and the business objectives. I aim to deliver strategically grounded, creative and visual industrial designs with a simple and clear emotion and value proposition that go beyond expectations to build the brand.
• Creating a new visual brand language from the ground up for nixplay by researching social photography trends and visual language to achieve a brand that innately understood and resonated with its users needs and aspirations.
• Creating a branding identity and subsequently a brand/ marketing strategy by adopting a key set of guidelines and visual design languages that created a personality that users could trust and relate.
• Creating a visually complimentary Industrial design hardware that emotionally echoes with the user’s needs, behavior and lifestyle by offering different design styles based on lifestyle and cost for both B2C and B2B.
• Successful launch of the brand nixplay and the nixplay Edge photo frame
• Visual graphics design and communication for branding and packaging
• Industrial & product design and development
• Prototypes mock ups and cosmetics.
• Assisting with design and engineering validation with Chinese factories
• Indirect management of design staff and project management
• Daily collaboration with marketing and senior management CEO, CFO and CTO
• Designing telecommunication products for the Vtech, AT&T and ODM brand for a range of price point and life style categories and segments for the US and EU market.
• Design of the Vtech premium touch phone achieved positive comments at CES 2013 and from Wal-Mart by focusing on a minimal circular form factor and design helped the product differentiate.
• Design of the Vtech Value range and OPP design achieved positive comments at CES 2013 and from Wal-Mart and OfficeMax by focusing on more intuitive minimal and cost effective designs.
• Strategy and design for the expansion into elderly care line and monitoring products, using ideation and concept generation.
• Visual trend analysis & mood boards
• Concept generation and ideation
• Aesthetic design language development and progression
• Collaborating with engineers on design validation.
• CMF / Colour specification
• Copper master check for EDM and production
Research principles & practices: Ethnography & Marketing techniques Form & Colour: Brand Aesthetics, Branding strategy, Psychology of colour, Consumer behaviour. Design for manufacture: Prototyping Usability and User Testing: Testing & Evaluation UX/ UI: Information ergonomics, Gestural design, Human factors, Wireframes, Prototyping. Sustainable Design: Life cycle thinking, Life cycle analysis (LCA). METmatrix, LIDS wheel.
A 4-year thick-sandwich modules included: Engineering Principles; materials Mechatronics, Electronic & Programming Brand Strategy & Marketing. Design Process Innovation Management Sustainable Design