Hey, I'm Matt, a Virginia Tech graduate from the Industrial Design program with a B.S. in ID + a minor in Packaging Science.
I am currently a Technical Design Leader for an interactive television marketing agency in New York City, specializing in user experience/interaction design, graphics, + advertising focusing on satellite TV, gaming, mobile, + app platforms.
I love designing toys, products, + packaging as well as illustrations + cartoons. Want to know what else I love? Ok. Well, I love working with kids, making people smile, laughing, bananas, the internet, + those little "+" signs.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design, May 2010
Minor in Packaging Science
Virginia Polytechnic Institute + State University
Technical Design Leader, BrightLine, New York, NY | August 2010 – Present
• Designed + executed over 8 full campaigns across multiple TV, gaming, + mobile platforms for Unilever, Philips Norelco, Pepsico, + McNeil Consumer Healthcare
• Use creative art direction to lead + manage teams of designers
• Oversee designers throughout planning, execution, + analysis phases
• Develop + illustrate storyboard concepts
• Utilize data-driven design research to develop marketing/advertising strategies + experience recommendations based on client needs + brand language
• Work in conjunction with platform vendors, developers, + designers to effectively utilize + further Advanced TV platform technologies
• Analyze post-campaign raw data + behavioral studies to create wrap-up reports
• Top performing Apple iAd of 2012 across Unilever, BrightLine, + Apple brands (duration + visits)
• Experience Design Associate | August 2010 – May 2012
• Senior Experience Designer | May 2012 – January 2013
Freelance Graphic/Logo Design, Packaging, + Photography | August 2009 – Present
• Designed logos for American Express EMVG (risk oversight) team
• Designed logos for Pepperidge Farm iSolutions Team + R&D Innovation Team
• Designed logos/branding for Project Six comprehensive financial planning organization
• Developed packaging specs + layouts for Briggs & Riley Travelware
• Developed prospective package designs for Positively Organic Clothing Co.
• Hired to photograph, edit, + produce wedding/freelance photography events
Red Bull Collegiate Brand Manager, Blacksburg, VA | August 2007 – May 2010
• Red Bull North America representative for the Virginia Tech campus
• Developed + maintained Red Bull branding/marketing standards
• Developed quality relationships through networking + communication skills
• Planned, executed, + worked with campus events to improve overall event experience
• Graphic design/layout, user interface/experience design, ideation/brainstorming, ethnographic + trend research, branding + marketing strategy, pencil/pen sketching, storyboard illustration, cartooning, marker rendering, team leadership/management, screen printing, wood/plastic shop skills, wood identification, digital/film photography, model making
• Fluent in PC + Mac platforms, Adobe CS5 + 6 | Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop SketchBook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, SolidWorks
Working knowledge | Dreamweaver, Artios, Rhinoceros, TOPS