- + Follow
UI/UX Designer. Interactionist. Outside-the-boxer.
Open to expanding my network for opportunities down the road. Connect via LinkedIn or email. Most recent @ www.coroflot.com/mccaffrey/Fundology-2013 LinkedIn @ www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=355390069 (www.linkedin.com/in/rickmcc) Previously a visual UI/UX designer and usability architect for a user experience agency focused on enterprise, web, and mobile platforms, and lead designer/co-founder of Fundology, recently awarded as one of Chicago's Top 10 Emerging Start-ups in 2013 by Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center (CEC) and 1871.
– Led the overarching product experience, design effort, and structural evolution of the private investment deal and networking platform, Fundology. Helped to grow the customer base from square one to 1,000+ Fundology.com beta users, with a focus on the Chicago investment scene.
– Teamed up hand-in-hand with the President of Fundology to create all customer-facing content including website language, press releases, email and newsletter templates, marketing materials and one-liners, custom trade show displays, user introduction videos, and leadership biographies.
– Conducted A/B testing, heat/confetti mapping, and absorbed customer feedback to improve platform usability, product campaigns, and the overall user experience of Fundology.com.
– Represented Fundology at investment and networking events in Chicago and Miami. Member of Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors® (AM&AA).
– Managed the design and deployment of a weekly email video interview newsletter to financial executives, “Movers, Shakers & Dealmakers,” reaching 40,000+ subscribers.
** View design samples online @ www.coroflot.com/mccaffrey/Fundology-2013
– Solved complex usability and design challenges for Fortune 500 clients, funded start-ups, and internal Cynergy sales, mobile, and website projects. Served in all stages of design-to-development.
– Designed visually rich and engaging user interfaces for HTML5, Windows 8, Apple (OSX), iPad, and browser-based platforms. Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Expression Blend.
– Hands-on Adobe and Microsoft stack experience (AIR, WPF, Silverlight, Flex, Blend, etc). Often aided projects as the lead prototyper/animator or translator of design-to-development requirements.
** Added role: Led the proposal creation process from pre-sales to acquisition, visually structuring 90+ project proposals and RFP responses. Direct collaboration with CEO, sales directors and strategists.