- + Follow
UI/UX Designer. Analyst. View my profile for details.
Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Currently out-of-state for work, but would like to build my network up in West Michigan. Preferably in the Greater Grand Rapids area, Lansing, Kalamazoo, and Metro Detroit. Connect via LinkedIn or email. Seven years of design and coding experience, derived from freelance, agency, and Chicago technology start-up positions. Previously a visual UI/UX designer and usability architect for a user experience agency focused on enterprise, web, and mobile platforms, and lead designer, team lead, and co-founder of Fundology, recently awarded as one of Chicago's Top 10 Emerging Start-ups by Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center (CEC) and 1871. https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=355390069
– Led the overarching product experience, design effort, and structural evolution of the private investment deal and networking platform, Fundology. Helped to grow the customer base from square one to 1,000+ Fundology.com beta users, with a focus on the Chicago investment scene.
– Teamed up hand-in-hand with the President of Fundology to create all customer-facing content including website language, press releases, email and newsletter templates, marketing materials and one-liners, custom trade show displays, user introduction videos, and leadership biographies.
– Conducted A/B testing, heat/confetti mapping, and absorbed customer feedback to improve platform usability, product campaigns, and the overall user experience of Fundology.com.
– Represented Fundology at investment and networking events in Chicago and Miami. Member of Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors® (AM&AA).
– Managed the design and deployment of a weekly email video interview newsletter to financial executives, “Movers, Shakers & Dealmakers,” reaching 40,000+ subscribers.
** View design samples online @ www.coroflot.com/mccaffrey/Fundology-2013
– Solved complex usability and design challenges for Fortune 500 clients, funded start-ups, and internal Cynergy sales, mobile, and website projects. Served in all stages of design-to-development.
– Designed visually rich and engaging user interfaces for HTML5, Windows 8, Apple (OSX), iPad, and browser-based platforms. Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Expression Blend.
– Hands-on Adobe and Microsoft stack experience (AIR, WPF, Silverlight, Flex, Blend, etc). Often aided projects as the lead prototyper/animator or translator of design-to-development requirements.
** Added role: Led the proposal creation process from pre-sales to acquisition, visually structuring 90+ project proposals and RFP responses. Direct collaboration with CEO, sales directors and strategists.
Mid-degree. Expected undergraduate completion in 2017.