Innovative and creative Industrial Design professional. Extensive experience in footwear and product design focused on creating performance and lifestyle products that enhance the brand.
32 Archwood Ave., Glen Burnie MD 21061 cell: 617.717.8211 / email: email@example.com
Industrial Design professional with extensive experience in footwear and product design focused on creating performance and lifestyle products that enhance the brand.
• Thorough background of user-centered research, anatomy, and human performance needs
• Effective team management and creative design leadership
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
• Excellent presentation skills both visually and verbally
• Solid team player with ability to work effectively as an individual and within a group
• Creative problem solver adept at translating marketing intent into new product opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques including costing and construction alternatives
• Ability to recognize, anticipate, and respond to global trends
• Exceptional sketching and digital rendering skills
employment experience :
Under Armour Baltimore, MD (January 2008 – Present)
Senior Footwear Designer
• Design of performance footwear for multiple categories including but not limited to running, training, cleated, slides, and kids.
• Delivered award winning product that has been worn by elite level athletes.
• Design Lead for Kids category and primary designer for Tennis footwear.
• Conducted focus groups, worked closely with multiple footwear team members- marketing, sales, innovation, development, managed intern designers, managed kids design during transition.
Reebok International Canton, MA (May 2005 - June 2007)
• Responsible for design of performance basketball footwear for on and off the court and running footwear.
• Worked directly with marketing and development to design and develop concepts that advance product performance and
overall aesthetics of the brand.
• Created both directional products that lead a category as well as volume product that are essential to business needs.
• Combined influences from sport, fashion and lifestyle to bring innovative products to market.
• Delivered unique and appropriate design solutions to meet the briefed requirements.
• Organized and participated in domestic and international travel for market research and product development.
• Created and drove category initiatives based on consumer, marketing, and product research.
Advanced Design Concepts (ADC) Reading, MA (July 2004 - May 2005)
• Rapidly generated multiple design concepts for a wide variety of footwear categories.
• Developed footwear for the following categories: running, basketball, soccer, hiking, sport sandals, cross training, tennis,
aqua-sport, multi-terrain military boots/outsoles, walking and casual shoes.
• The design process included market research, trend analysis, concept sketching, computer generated renderings,
technical layouts, documentation and presentation.
• Clients included: Wolverine, Vibram, Chaco, Head Tennis, Uhlsport, Quabaug, ATP, Sprandi, Dansko, Michelin, Li-Ning,
New Balance, and Descente.
Barry David Berger & Associates NY, NY (January 2000 - February 2003)
Senior Industrial Designer
• In charge of design and branding for mass market consumer products, office accessories, and retail display systems.
• Managed projects and teams under tight deadline and budget. Guided projects from initial sketch through production.
• Organized and lead brainstorming and ideation sessions for new product concepts.
• Provide mentoring, training and skill development for other team members.
• Coordinated product development and manufacturing with domestic and international vendors.
• Projects included: packaging concepts for Clairol and Johnson & Johnson, binding systems for Carl Manufacturing, and
display concepts for Rowenta.
Human Factors Industrial Design, Inc. NY, NY (October 1995 - April 1998)
• Developed creative solutions in medical and consumer products.
• Rapidly generated multiple design concepts and with creative use of colors, materials and new product technologies.
• Gained extensive experience with user research, concept ideation and prototype creation and refinement.
• Highlighted projects included: Needle-Free Injector for Mediject Corp., kitchen products for OXO Housewares, Jeep TV
Boombox for Kash N' Gold, and the Bone Growth Stimulator product line for Orthofix, Inc.
freelance / contractual employment :
TRINITY LLC Metuchen, NJ (July 2003 - August 2004)
• Developed in-store and retail merchandising solutions for Lowe's, Porter Cable, Walmart and Lexar Media.
• Translated concept solutions into manufacturable and cost effective detailed designs.
G2 Worldwide NY, NY (January 2003 - March 2003)
• Designed and developed innovative products consistent with the unique and innovative direction of the brands.
• Involved in the production of cigar humidors for Dunhill and in-store merchandising displays for Danzka Vodka.
The Royal Promotion Group NY, NY (August - December 1999)
• Created design concepts and presentations for the cosmetic, fragrance and fashion industries.
• Developed creative solutions for displays, fixtures and retail environments.
• Responsibilities included: hand and computer generated sketch presentations, logo/branding concepts, and consumer
research. Clients included: Nautica, Hard Candy, and Tony & Tina Cosmetics.
Ancona 2, Inc. NY, NY (March - July 1999)
• Designed houseware products for clients that included Cuisinart, Ekco and Via.
• Conducted user research, product testing, brainstorming, presentation and technical drawing.
ION Design Edgewater, NJ (December - February 1999)
• Responsible for the research, design and development of the next generation of Air-Brace ankle supports.
Syracuse University - Department of Design, College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse, NY.
Bachelor of Industrial Design (B.I.D.) 1995
key accomplishments :
* Chosen to design tennis shoe for 2012 Olympics.
• Responsible for the design and development of the RBK Infinity Basketball shoe - the signature inline performance
basketball sneaker for Reebok in 2007/2008. Bold statement of large Vector branding for on-court performance.
• Key contributor to the design and development of the RBK Question III. Marquee performance/lifestyle shoe for
Reebok in 2007/2008. Targeted as a 150,000 + unit performer by Footlocker.
• Evolutionary redesign of The Ranger Melting Pot - lead to a 300% increase in sales.
design awards :
Craft-Trends Award of Excellence Winner 2003 - The Ranger Melting Pot
Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations Award 1998 - Jeep - Titanium Silver TV Boombox
Reebok Design-O-Vation Contest - Finalist
computer skills :
Mac and Windows software experience: Alias Sketchbook Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, AutoCAD,
Ashlar Vellum 3D (Argon, Cobalt, Xenon, Graphite suite), Form-Z, Aldus Freehand, Quark XPress, and Microsoft Office.
• Available for domestic and international travel. Dual nationality, including US and European Union passports.
• Outdoor enthusiast, active in hiking, kayaking, skiing, mountain biking, roller blading and surfing.
• Active in a variety of team sports including; basketball, soccer, golf, tennis, softball and football.
Portfolio and references available upon request