- + Follow
Los Angeles, CA
My name is Masami Fukumoto and I'm currently a sweater assistant designer at Joie.
I have knowledge n photoshop, illustrator, technical flats, design sketching, garment constructions, hand illustrating, specs, tech packs, and more.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Todd Oldham Mentor
Los Angeles based
2006- 2010 Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, CA
BFA, Fashion Design
2008-2010 Isabel Toledo with Patagonia
Designed and constructed sportswear garment thats functional in multi way.
Designed and constructed garment inspired by 60's colors and silhouette with mix of interesting seaming and treatment inspired by modern architecture.
Designed and constructed lingerie garment using white mesh and hand embroidery of flowers.
Designed and constructed sportswear garment using non-real animal elements, incorporating recycled garments, and 50% hand crafting.
August 2011-Present Joie:Sweater Assistant Designer
June 2010- August 2011 Juicy Couture
Freelance/Fulltime Logo Sweat Assistant Designer
- Assisted in designing, creating flats and linesheets in Illustrator, and organizing presentation boards.
- Worked closely with trim specialists, production, overseas and graphic designers during designing process.
- Attended fittings, updated design details per fittings, used Full Circle System updating style information
2011 March Freelance Designer for Kat Von De Spring 12 Collection
- Designed and hand sketched fashion tops, dresses, and
bottoms under given direction and presented to Kat Von De.
- Created final sketches in computer, spec sheets and detail sketches.
- Updated blog, website, and other forms of online media.
- Merchandize inventory
- Responsible for shipping out ordered items to online customers
2009 Eduardo Lucero runway show at MOLAA, Long Beach
- Finished final touches on the garments.
- Made adjustments on the garments.
- Dressed models in assigned garments.
2004- 2006 Kumon Math and Reading Center, Newbury Park, CA
- Math tutor to students ranging from Kindergarten level to high school math analysis.
- English tutor to students ranging from Kindergarten level to second grade. - Corrected homework and organized teachers' agenda.
2005 Logo Designer
Agoura High School, Agoura Hill, CA
- Met with athletic teacher, discussed direction for logo design.
- Designed sketches of baseball team character, presented to teacher, and finalized the design, color, and format.
- Finalized design illustrated and used as official logo for 2 years.
2008 Dresser for Otis Jury Show and Scholarship Benefit Show
2005-2006 Art Teacher Assistant, Newbury Park High School
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Fashion Illustration, Sewing, Fabric Treatments, Fluent in Japanese.
2008 Otis College of Art and Design Dean's List
2006-2010 Otis College of Art and Design International Student Scholarship
2006 International Baccalaureate Organization Fine Arts Exam Score (7/7)
2006 1st Place, 15th Annual Theatre Poster Competition, L.A. Center Theatre Group
Otis College of Art and Design