- + Follow
Design Engineer and Illustrator
Essex, United Kingdom
2:1 Automotive Design MDes from Coventry University (June 2010).
Currently working for RLE International as a Lead Design Engineer (Nov 2010-)
Canson Motor Art
• Traditional viscom, sketching and illustration methods – pen sketching, marker rendering, canson illustrations. I thrive on being able to quickly illustrate an idea to enforce an idea for design, engineering, ergonomic, and many other disciplines.
• Digital illustration ranging from quick ideation to full artistic renders or illustrations. I can create technical illustrations such as exploded diagrams and build process diagrams on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5.
• High quality modeling and rendering in AutoDesk Alias Studiotools and Imagestudio, including modeling straight to milling and A class surfacing.
• Modelling on Catia V5, solid and GSD parts and assemblies with experience in the automotive industry.
• Thorough knowledge and passion of automotive engineering, including knowledge of manufacturing, materials and production line processes of a number of different product types.
• Confident with modeling in Faber and Chavant clay mediums.
• Experience of ergonomics in design from small handheld items to full scale interiors.
• Experience of in depth empirical and secondary research in many areas including automotive.
Qualifications and achievements
Intrinsys Catia V5 Fundamentals course (2011)
2:1 Automotive Design MDes, Coventry University (2006-2010)
3 A2’s (English, History, Art) & 1 AS (Maths), 10 A*-C grade GCSE’s
Lead Design Engineer, RLE International, Nov 2011-
Catia V5 CAD Designer, leading a team of up to seven other CAD designers ultimately delivering an Automotive Interiors program. Heavily involved in engineering process, negotiating with different disciplines (assembly, NVH, appearance and quality etc) and working with suppliers from multiple nationalities.
Design Engineer, RLE International, Nov 2010-Nov 2011
Catia V5 CAD Designer, solid and GSD, Body Engineering and Interiors.
Design engineer creating technical illustrations such as exploded diagrams and build process diagrams for medium to high level presentations on many different disciplines.
Steel Machine operator Steltube, June 2010 – November 2010
Steel multi-drilling, pressing and bending production lines, responsible for scheduling, maintaining and running tool/machine change-over for different product lines
Electrical Engineer, Essex X ray, May 2007 – October 2007
Assembling high voltage electrical equipment, high voltage soldering and resin mix for specialist electric assembly processes. Electrical test. Working closely alongside a small electrical design engineering team.
Design Assistant, Kort propulsion, April 2002 – August 2002
CAD design of boat propulsion units, full brochure design to print, general administration and customer services.
Interests and Activities
Car modification and restoration, vehicle illustration, music - playing harmonica, computing.
Full Clean British Driving License