- + Follow
Designer & Illustrator at Mighty June
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
After almost eight years in web design at Yahoo, I departed toward Toy Design and Illustration to utilize my drawing strengths and to engage people in more tactile and resonating experiences. In 2012, I honed my digital painting skills at the in-house workshop with Imaginism Studios. Now I design & illustrate for both interactive and physical media, with a focus toward designing for the youth market. Specialties: Illustration, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Character Design, User Interface Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, SolidWorks, HTML
The Storybook Project: Island Monster Princess
Winter Fashion for "Crib Life" Dolls by Hasbro
Viking of the Peppermint Candy Kingdom
Providing Visual Communication services including Illustration, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Character Design, Logo Design, and Interactive Design, primarily for products and services that engage in social media and play. Clients include Hasbro, Fisher Price, JAKKS-Pacific, Comcast, SocialVibe, and OkCupid Labs. Recent projects include Disney Fairies and the new Furby.
• Collaborated on styling and design for Girl Crush and Pixos toys.
• Brainstormed ideas for Kid Kleen and new brands involving girls’ play, technology, and drawing.
• Conceived and rendered line extensions for Pixos and a new creative-play product.
• Prototyped hand-constructed end-result samples of creative-play product for new Fall 2010 concepts.
• Researched and developed graphic styles of doll eyes and tattoos for new toys.
• Sketched and computer-rendered concept drawings for Pixos.
• Researched DIY and tween girl trends and competition to inspire and guide new style directions.
• Created UI specs and test prototypes for web sites and desktop applications.
• Collaborated with UI Designers to develop visual treatments of new features.
• Designed and coded daily promotional modules on the world's most visited internet portal.
• Developed a standards and best practices guide for promotional modules.
• Designed visual facelifts for top-revenue properties including Yahoo! Personals and Yahoo! Mail.
• Designed and prototyped blue-sky concepts.
• Designed themed skins for desktop applications and My Yahoo!
• Illustrated original art for emoticons and holiday themes.
• Coordinated with Product Managers, Editorial, PR, Marketing, Engineering, and other teams.
• Mentored and trained new staff, including visual designers and web developers.
• Guided content and design of micro-sites for seasonal events.
• Coordinated various team-building events.
Designed, created, and produced all graphics, layout, and user interface.
Planned site architecture, interface, and content in weekly meetings.
Edited and compiled original articles from writers for 9 content category sections.
Hand-coded all HTML.
Worked as a graphic artist, was promoted to Art Director (Spring 1996).
Collaborated with editors to conceptualize newspaper and online graphics.
Trained, coached, scheduled, and supervised a staff of 12 artists.
Created editorial illustrations and informational graphics.
Presented graphics department issues at daily editorial meetings.
Expanded departmental use of software and mixed media.
As taken from the FIT website: "The program is a two-year course of study with a concentration on toy design for the infant through 'tween markets. The courses -- all taught by industry professionals -- are presented in a team-teaching format that simulates an on-the-job, cooperative design environment. The curriculum focuses on mastering conceptual dexterity and technical design, while a strong liberal arts component encourages awareness of cultural trends. Core courses include design and engineering of soft and hard toys; game and doll design; product safety; child psychology; motor learning development; packaging; Computer Aided Industrial Design; marketing; promotion; and the business of toys."