- + Follow
I am an established digital illustrator and designer with considerable experience producing concept as well as finished art, game element design, and cartography for top-tier game publishers. I excel at concepting and delivering finished graphics within tight deadlines, managing multiple projects, and developing coherent and evocative visual imagery.
Environment Art for Games
500 West 17th Street Tempe, AZ 85281
Experienced illustration and design professional, fluent in a variety of traditional and digital art production methods. Possesses excellent conceptual, analytic, and aesthetic capabilities as well as an aptitude for new skill set development. Excels in a fast paced creative environment with a proven ability to manage large teams and guide projects to completion within deadline and budget ranges. Interested in contributing talents to a top-notch company with a focus on great visual design.
Mike Schley Illustration and Design
Freelance Illustrator/Designer 2005 to –
- Concept and final art generation for a variety of clients seeking high quality illustration services.
- Corporate identity design with a focus on elegant and clean logo creation.
- Project management in a deadline oriented studio with short time leads and multiple concurrent assignments.
- Business administration and account management for independent creative company.
- Website and database maintenance in a professional capacity as a small business owner.
Paizo Publishing LLC
Associate Art Director 2004 to 2005
- Oversaw the design and production of a leading monthly gaming magazine.
- Assigned and guided interior illustration and cartography for a large team of contract artists.
- Produced monthly online magazine handout and .pdf map supplement.
- Creation of game oriented collateral for multiple in-house magazines.
Graphic Designer/Digital Artist 2000 to 2004
- Handled design and pre-press assignments for prominent game publishing company whose licensed products include The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Star Trek customizable card games.
- Quality control prior to licensor approvals and off-site final press checks.
- Creation and editing of in-house and out-sourced illustration.
Old Dominion University Norfolk, VA
Studio Arts Major with emphases in illustration and design.
- ENnie Award Nomination: Best Cartography Revenge of the Giants (2010)
- ENnie Award Nomination: Best Cartography Elder Evils (2008)
- ENnie Award: Best Aid or Accessory Dungeon Magazine (2005)
- ENnie Award: Best Free Product Dungeon Magazine Map & Handout Supplements (2005)
- Origins Award: Best Graphic Presentation of a Card Game The Lord of the Rings CCG (2001)
- Jon Schindehette – Creative Art Director, Wizards of the Coast
- Stacy Longstreet – Creative Resource Director , Sidhe Games
- Sarah Robinson – Senior Art Director, Paizo Publishing
Software: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Painter, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Quark Express, Excel, Word
Old Dominion University