- + Follow
Senior UX/ UI Designer / Interaction Designer
Los Angeles, CA
After thorough analysis of business goals and user needs, I design solutions that ensure that the right content, features and functionality are presented in the right place, at the right time, in the right way, thereby providing engaging user experiences, effortless interaction, and ultimately business benefits.
I love elegant, efficient, intuitive design and have a strong grasp of user-centered design/ human factors disciplines across multiple touch-points (desktop, tablet, smartphone, TV and kiosks). I strongly believe that it is vital to stay connected with the user base of any given medium/ application that will help it remain ahead of the curve. I am intrigued and challenged by user experience design issues and strive to make the interaction experience, the user interface and overall visual design serve the end-user in the best way possible. I accomplish this by keeping my finger on the pulse of what is “best-in-breed” and drawing on extensive user research throughout an agile user experience design phase and continued evolutionary testing until final delivery. I have experience working with lean, agile, scrum and traditional waterfall processes.
I collaborate with product managers, marketing staff, creative directors, direct clients, design teams and technical staff on design and implementation of desktop, tablet and smartphone projects at various businesses, corporations and advertising agency environments. Through a combination of competitive analysis, prototyping, user testing, evolutionary development and expert judgment, I help make crucial user experience and user interface decisions.
Mobile UX/UI Design
Interactive Multimedia UX/UI Design
Over 16 years of experience in User Experience, User Interface and Interaction Design.
• User-Centered Design Methodology
• Usability Analysis
• User Experience Design
• Rapid Prototyping
• Creating Wireframes & Screen Flows
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Identifying User Interface Requirements
• User Interface Design
• UI Specification Documentation
• Goal-oriented Task Analysis
SELECT EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
1997 Freelance Consultant/ Contractor New York - San Francisco - Los Angeles
to Present Senior User Experience Designer, Information Architect, and Usability Specialist
Rubicon Project Snr. User Experience/ User Interface/ Visual Designer May 2013 - Nov 2013
As a leader in advertising automation, the Rubicon Project started the Mobile Project. A platform for buying and selling advertising across mobile devices it’s used as a Software-as-Service product (SaaS) designed to run in browsers on desktops and tablets by buyers and sellers of advertising worldwide.
Working with product management and engineering I was overseeing User Experience, Interaction Design and Visual Design. Employing user-centered design methodology, goal oriented task flow analysis and heuristic evaluation, I'm designing for user-friendliness and seamless interaction between parties. In order to design the best user experience I was drafting user-journeys, building screen-flows, designing wireframes and mockups, overseeing visual design, interactive prototypes and user testing.
SunPower Corporation Various Projects May 2012 - April 2013
Worked on a whole array of web-based consumer, partner and dealer facing marketing projects as user experience and interaction designer. Performed goal-oriented user task analysis, wireframes, mockups, UI design, visual design and then management of outside resources for development.
HeartBeat West iPad App February 2013
After ascertaining app specs, delivered wireframes, static mockups, and usability task flow analysis highlighting optimum user task flow and interaction. Assisted with some visual design.
Guitar Center Desktop and Mobile October 2010 - October 2012
User Experience, User Interface Design and Visual Design on various desktop and mobile e-commerce assignments. Worked on desktop and mobile products encompassing multi-channel experiences that span internal applications, consumer-facing micro-sites, and global e-commerce. Among a variety of functionality updates, with the goal of improving interaction design and user experience I worked on:
• Unified Order System (a web-based order system from shopping cart to checkout) to be used for all GC orders from call-centers, retail stores and individual website orders
• Introducing new functionality for website called “GC Experts”, a social networking/ community engagement feature with Product Reviews, Question & Answer forums, Commenting, Photo-, Audio-, Video upload and User Profile and Account Management
• UX Design of retail-store micro-sites with integrated “GC Expert” profiles
• Introducing new functionality for website called “GC Marketplace” a 3rd-party seller functionality for new and used items to be sold via Guitar Center’s website.
Developed personas, user task flow analysis, wireframing, interactive mockups, user interface designs, visual designs, and visual specifications.
Ericsson Television Inc. Desktop SaaS CMS Product September 2010
User Interface and Interaction Design and prototyping in Director for a browser-based Content Management SaaS application. Ericsson is a provider of interactive television systems to broadcasters.
Autodesk Location Services Desktop and Mobile Products Oct 2007 - Oct 2010
User Experience and User Interface Designs for desktop and mobile applications with Autodesk Location Services, a division of Autodesk, Inc. Performed development of personas, user task flow analysis, wireframing, usability studies, iterative prototyping, user interface design and visual specifications.
The Paul Ekman Group CD and Mobile Products Oct 2002 - Oct 2009
Snr. Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer and User Interface Designer on a dozen interactive training iPad Apps and CDs for NYPD, The Scotland Yard, Homeland Security and more (a world-renown expert in the scientific study of emotion and facial expressions and consultant on “Lie to Me” - Fox TV). Performed development of personas, user task flow analysis, wireframing, usability studies, iterative prototyping, user interface design and visual specifications.
RadioCentral Desktop Product Oct 2001 - Oct 2002
Snr. Interaction and User Interface Designer at this San Francisco startup I designed internet radio player interfaces and the way users interact with them. I designed UIs and User Experiences for web applications as well as prototypes of stand-alone software. Through a combination of competitive analysis, prototyping, usability studies, user testing, evolutionary development and expert judgment, I helped make crucial UX / UI decisions. The results were easy-to-use, dynamic, engaging and effective interfaces which contributed to the bottom line.
MOZGOmedia (sole proprietor consultancy) Various Projects July 1997 - present
Snr. Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer and User Interface Designer at MOZGOmedia, an award-winning digital media strategy, design and development firm. For over 16 years I have worked as a design leader on projects such as websites, web-applications, multimedia CDs, interactive kiosks and laptop & tablet presentations for clients such as American Express, AT&T, MCI, Canon, Time, Chase Bank, Halliburton, Deloitte Touche, Omnicom, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Autodesk, The Black Book, The Gettysburg Foundation, Sprint and Vodafone.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS, STRENGTHS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 16 years of experience in User Experience / User Interface / Interaction Design for desktops, tablets, smartphones, experience defining solutions for both enterprise customers and consumers
• Strong creative vision for organizing interactive content, taking a user-centered, goal-oriented approach, optimizing the user experience for effortless interaction and engagement that affects the bottom line
• Solid understanding of web- and mobile technologies that underlie dynamic interactive experiences
• Conducting and overseeing usability sessions, developing personas, specifying target user needs, goal analysis, task-flow analysis, user journeys, heuristic evaluation, human-computer interaction, interactive prototyping, A/B and multivariate testing, sitemaps, user interface/ visual design specifications, functional specifications
• Expert wireframing, mockups, and interactive prototyping using interaction design toolkits such as Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure Pro, Photoshop, inDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Director, Flash, After Effects, Premiere Pro
• Proven ability to work as an effective team member collaborating closely with executives, marketing managers, creative directors, product managers, art directors, other designers and developers to bring a product to fruition
• Proven ability to manage, coordinate and supervise in-house and outsourced staff to ensure projects are completed to spec in a timely and cost-effective manner
Sydney Institute of Technology
- Dimploma Computer Science
- 1981 - 1985
Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design, Budapest
- BA Visual Design
- 1978 - 1981