With 10 years of experience in graphic design and illustration and 3 years in Art Direction. Graduated on comics and illustration at the School for Graphic design and Propaganda in Novi Sad (Serbia) and later on Academy of Art at Graphic Communications sector in Novi Sad (Serbia). I was freelance illustrator and designer for Serbian and Canadian book publishers, doing illustration and utility design. Now I am Art Director in “Open” studio (www.openstudio.co.yu ) Belgrade, Serbia.
Art Director – Illustrator – Artist
• Graphic design with Adobe, Macromedia and Corel products
• Art direction, illustration, storyboard, matté painting, concept art
• Modeling with 3D Studio Max, XSI Softimage, Z-Brush, MudBox, Silo (basic knowledge)
• System administration, hardware and software maintenance and upgrades
• Considerable experience in disaster recovery, performance tuning, system reliability and security
• Technical support of desktop systems
• Using Genius and Wacom Pen Tablets
• Digital and analog drawing, painting
• Digital and analog photography
• PC Desktop systems and home computers
• Digital cameras and analog cameras
• Microsoft Windows (Vista, XP, 98, 95)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Adobe CS4 (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, In-Design, Flash) and older versions
• Corel Draw X3 and older versions
• Corel Painter
• Modeling with 3D Studio Max, XSI Softimage, Z-Brush, MudBox, Silo, Vue
• Fusion (for color correction)
04/2008 –present (full-time)
»Open Studio« Animation and postproduction studio (www.openstudio.co.yu) Belgrade, Serbia.
• Currently employed as a full-time art director
• Duties: textures for 3D models, matte paintings, illustrations, storyboards, mood-boards, graphic design, web-design, color grading, concepts for characters and for commercials, high poly corrective modelling and all other related fields..
07/2007 – 12/2007 – present (freelance)
Book publishing Company »Gumboot Books«, (www.gumbootbooks.ca) Vancouver BC, Canada.
• 5 months contract job as Illustrator and Graphic Designer.
• In January 2008 additional logo design for book packages.
06/2005 – 06/2006 (freelance)
Book publishing Company Kreativni centar (www.kreativnicentar.co.yu) Belgrade, Serbia.
• Contract job as an Illustrator. I have illustrated two YA novels.
• Those illustrations are published in books: “Johnny Coffin School-dazed” and “Johnny Coffin Diaries” (“Džoni Kofin i tajanstvena svetlost” i “Dnevnik Džonija Kofina”).
10/2003 – 03/2005
Office3000 Multimedia Studio, Novi Sad, Serbia.
• Graphic Design
• 3D modeling of industrial products and packaging
• Art direction of 3D based TV commercial
2001 – 2003 (freelance)
Zavod za izdavanje udzbenika Book and textbook publishing Company, Novi Sad - Belgrade, Serbia
• Graphic Design
06/1999 – 10/2001 (full-time)
Piperi Public printing firm, Novi Sad, Serbia
• Graphic Design
• 4 years Academy Of Arts University Of Novi Sad – bachelor degree in Graphic Design.
• Muzej Matice Srpske Novi Sad, Serbia. 2005.
• Galery »TABLEAU« Novi Sad, Serbia. 2005.
• Goethe-Institut Belgrade, Serbia. 2007.
• The High School of Art and Design “Bogdan Suput” Novi Sad, Serbia. 2008.
• Reference Name: Crystal J Stranaghan
• Reference Company: Gumboot books
• Phone: 604-669-4866
• Email: email@example.com
• Reference Type: Professional
Miscellaneous Skills and Training:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent PC computer skills.
• Basic MAC computer skills.
• Art-director with modern concept.
• Drummer - percussionist.
Language Proficiency Level
• Serbian Fluent - Full Knowledge
• English Conversational - Advanced