Internationally Experienced Designer and Illustrator
o 10+ years in Fashion Industry in various functions from D&D to sales, 6+ years experience working with overseas manufacturing
o Superior flat sketching, illustration, and presentation skills. Strong draping, pattern making and sewing abilities.
o Proven ability to translate trends and market research into best selling product keeping integrity of brand image intact
o Strong line development skills and experience in prints, yarn dyes, embroidery, and sweater knits layout and development
o Basic knowledge of Lectra Kaledo Style, Point Carre, U4ia, Illustrator, and Photoshop software
ART & DESIGN EXPERIENCE
Portrait Artist and Freelance Fashion Illustrator, Commissioned clients- Miami, FL 2009- Present
• Consult companies, most recently Brazilian yoga wear company. Designed styles to fill in June 2012 delivery.
• Consult on fabrication choices, and direct sample making.
• Research market to ensure offering is on target with trend.
Associate Designer, Perry Ellis International Miami, FL 2008- 2009
• Sole Designer for all Kohl’s brands in Bottoms Division: Croft & Barrow, Croft & Barrow Big & Tall, Axist- (bottoms & tailored suit jackets), and Apt 9, reporting directly to Design Director.
• Handled all aspects of line and fabric development from concept thru to production.
• Created prints, yarn dyed patterns, and waistbands working directly with Merchandiser.
• Designed and managed all sales sample creation, working directly with sample room.
• Created all labels/hang tag developments and approvals.
• Developed all presentation boards for all sales presentations.
Couturier Intern, Intuitive Milan, Italy 2008
• Trained under expert pattern maker who did the patterns for Chanel’s final line, and who had over 60 years of experience working with top Haute Couture Designers in Italy and France.
• Sewed original sales samples for men’s and women’s in specialty leathers at direction of designer in Italian speaking environment.
• Worked with a full range of exotic leathers (i.e.- Ostrich, python, etc), metals and other materials.
• Drafted and graded patterns according to fit specifications for men’s jackets and women’s dresses.
Designer, Goody Products Peachtree City, GA 2002
• Designed the company wide best selling hair accessory for the year which was in Marie Claire’s “Buy vs. Steal” compared to a Chanel hair accessory; Also worn on “American Idol” TV show, and on the cover of Teen Vogue worn by Brittney Spears.
• Travelled to New York to conduct color and trend research to determine seasonal color palettes and buy samples.
• Designed Travel bottles that were Goody’s first “in-line” product bought by Wal- mart in 5 years.
• Developed a line of hair accessories, travel bottles and bags from concept thru production.
Associate Designer, Russell Corporation Atlanta, GA 2000
• Designed and developed men’s and women’s uniforms for professional team sports: football, baseball, softball and hockey.
• Updated existing uniform silhouettes in computer system to be relevant for on going production and sales.
• Designed a uniform for the Houston Comets that the marketing team showed at WNBA, Russell got the contract.
• Travelled to domestic factories to give direction on sewing of samples and oversee production.
Designer, Athco, East West Division New York, NY 1998- 1999
• Updated “look” of all line offerings in East West label, and increased yearly sales.
• Researched and designed from concept thru production of East West label.
• Researched and sourced all fabric, prints, embroidery, and trim; aided in design of private label and licensed lines for Athco.
• Worked with corporate customers (K-mart, Wilson, etc.) and designed or revised product according to market needs.
• Designed and developed embroideries, appliqués, and recolored prints according to seasonal color palette
Assistant Designer, Liz Claiborne, Liz & Co Division New York, NY 1997- 1998
• Assisted in all aspects of design, to keep design team on calendar. Communicated with orient, tracked and spec’ed protos.
• Illustrated entire division’s line offering each season for digital publications (Liz Planners) for sales and marketing, and department store planning.
• Designed all private label offerings and designed in-line group “White Now” after only 2 months of employment.
• Conducted in depth market research bi-weekly to keep division up to date with competitors’ retail offerings.
Freelance Designer, (Ralph Lauren, Jonathon Stone, Adrienne Vitidini) New York, NY 1996- 1997
• Performed tasks as needed by hiring clients: presentation boards, flat sketches, sample fitting, etc…
Designer, Art wear Division, Signal Apparel, Inc. Chattanooga, TN 1994- 1995
• Designed apparel in men’s, women’s, teens, and children’s categories for licensed, printed apparel.
• Travelled to work directly with art department in development of prints.
• Delegated work load to Assistant Designer, and worked closely with Merchandiser and domestic manufacturers to conduct fittings, and approve samples
Adjunct Design Instructor, Bauder College, Fashion Design Dept. Atlanta, GA 2006
• Taught a Fashion Production and Merchandising lecture class to merchandising majors.
Design Instructor, Bauder College, Fashion Design Dept. Atlanta, GA 1999- 2000
• Taught and coordinated two senior design illustration and portfolio subjects and one freshman design subject, Color & Design.
Wholesale Sales: Seasonally 1999- 2006
America’s Mart—Ambrosia & Company, Blue Ocean Traders, Albert E. Price, Inc.
Parisian’s, Sales Associate, Special Sizes—top sales performer in department Atlanta, GA 2002- 2003
Lane Bryant, Assistant Manager—Trained Sales Associates to improve store performance Atlanta, GA 2003
Outside Sales: Atlanta, GA 2000
Ad Efx, Sales--Broke company sales record in first month of employment. Promoted start up companies in the Beauty business.
Angel Academy, Florence, Italy
• “Secrets of the Renaissance Masters” by Pietro Annigoni trained by Michael John Angel July 2008
Fashion Institute of Technology State University of New York, New York
• Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Fashion Design, Dean’s List June 2008
International Design Program: Politecnico, Milan, Italy 2007- 2008
International Design Program: Polimoda, Florence, Italy 2006- 2007
• Associate in Applied Science Degree in Fashion Design, Dean’s List 1992 May 1994
Trade Shows/ Lectures Attended:
ISPO, Munich, Germany, 2007 and 2008
Premiere Vision- France, Paris, France, 2008
Lineapelle, Bologna, Italy, 2008
PITTI IMMAGINE, Florence, Italy 2007
PITTI FILATI, Florence, Italy 2007
PITTI UOMO, Florence Italy 2007
MODA PRIMA, Florence, Italy 2007 and 2008
Cotton Inc. Miami, “The Science Of Dying and Finishing” 2009
Anteprima, Milan, Italy, 2008TEXWORLD, Paris, France 2008
Direction by Indigo Paris, Paris, France 2008
Prêt A Porter, Paris, France 2008
Ferragamo, Florence, Italy 2007
Christian Lacroix, “Histoires de Mode”, Paris, France 2008
Salone Di Mobile, Milan, Italy 2008
Trend Union, Paris, France 2007 and 2008