I am an interior designer with international experience, having worked in New York, Barcelona, Miami and Dallas. I am detail oriented and deadline focused. I have worked with design firms, development corporations and independent clients, and I have experience in high-end residential design, development project management. More recently I have worked as a private design consultant.
M I R IA M L L O R E N S
5880 Collins Avenue, #1006, Miami Beach, Fl. 33140 I 305.490.8510 I email@example.com
- Pratt Institute. Department of Interior Design. New York, NY. Fall 1996-Spring1999
Master's of Arts and Design. Interior Design.
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. P.R. Fall 1989-Winter 1993
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences. Fine Arts. Cum Laude
- Twelve years of experience in real estate development and interior design projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and flexible to perform any duties that might arise during the course of the project.
- Graduate study in Interior Design: Office Design, Residential Design, Commercial Design, Exhibition Design, Space Planning, Working Drawings, Materials and Lighting Design.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access), Autocad, MS Project.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
Freelance Stella’s Sweet Shoppe Miami Beach, FL June-August 2011
- Design: collaborated with architect in the design and space planning of a cupcake shoppe
Freelance Icon Brickell Miami, FL April-August 2011
- Project Mngmt: supervised, managed and design a two bedroom apartment for a private client.
Freelance Soho, NY New York, NY June 2011
- Styling: styled an apartment in NYC for international magazine AD Spain & Interior Design Magazine Russia
Freelance Harbor House Bal Harbor, FL December 2010- January 2011
- Design: furnished and decorated a one bedroom, one den for a private client.
Freelance Plaza Condominium Bal Harbor, Fl July-August 2010
- Design: furnished and decorated a one bedroom apartment for a private client.
Freelance 100% Noir Miami Beach, Fl June- August 2010
- Design: FF& E selection and material board for a gelato shop.
Freelance Tribecca New York, NY June 2010
- Styling: styled an apartment in NYC for international magazine AD Spain
Freelance Harbor House Bal Harbor, FL
- Design: furnished and decorated a 1,300 sf. model unit for a developer. December 2009
Design Consultant Peninsula Development Group Miami Beach, FL April 2008- Present
- Design: research and source FF&E for a 9,000 sf. residence in Miami Beach
assist with the interior design process of various projects
- Finance: prepare budgets, contracts and invoices for various projects
Freelance Harbor House Bal Harbor, FL April- May 2009
- Design: furnished and decorated a two bedroom apartment for a private client.
Assistant Project Manager Biscayne Landing North Miami, FL
November 2005- January 2008
- Project Mgmt: supervised and managed all ID consultants in mid-rise and high-rise projects for the developer, comprising all public areas of an office building, all areas of a hotel, and, all public areas of an open-air retail mall.
- Design: directed and designed all ID aspects of a pool pavilion, two residential lobbies, a sales center, two sales models, and a pavilion, including plans coordination with the A/E, finish selection, furniture specifications.
- Design: developed the prototypical bathroom and kitchen design to be implemented throughout the residences of a multi-phase mixed-use project, based on modularity and ease of installation.
- Design: Researched, identified, and sourced FF&E for various small- and large-scale projects as the in-house ID for the developer, with a focus on green products.
- Construction: dealt directly with the Architect, Engineers, Consultants, General Contractor, and Sub-Contractors to coordinate RFI's, submittals, specifications, documentation, logistical support, bidding, etc.
- Cost Mgmt: negotiated contracts with Vendors and Sub-Contractors, prepared requisitions, and tracked change orders
- Finance: prepared unified construction budgets, ID budgets, project schedules, and cash flow projections from project start, through design, permitting, construction, and occupancy.
- Accounting: examined, processed, and tracked all invoices and payments for processing by the accounting department
- Permitting: administered the processes of obtaining permits from city, county, state and federal agencies, including building permits, DERM approvals, and HUD approvals, among others.
- Marketing: coordinated the build-out and furnishing of the sales center and two sales models.
- Marketing: assisted in the preparation of various marketing materials
- Sales: created the finish packages and coordinated the build-out of 27 custom units in two residential towers among the sales team, the construction team, and the closing team.
- Administrative: tutored and trained new personnel in office logistics and procedures.
Sales representative Avanluce Barcelona, Spain January- July 2005
- Sales: visited architects and designers to promote architectural and technical lighting fixtures
Project Coordinator Lou Design BCN Barcelona, Spain
November 2004-January 2005
- Design: Redesigned master suite and gym of a high-end custom residence in Argentona, Spain.
Design consultant Atmosphere Home San Juan, P.R. March-September 2004
- Design: prepared designs on AutoCAD for clients
Designer Siskin Valls Inc. New York, NY October 1999 - September 2003
- Design: worked directly with Senior Designer
- Design: involved in the creative process of design projects from concept to completion
- Administrative: performed account executive duties
- Attended a two-day, intensive LEED preparation course toward the LEED AP exam, January 2008.
- Art Director for "Goodbye Spaceship," a short film by Carlos Torres, October 1999.
In charge of wardrobe, "props" and set decoration
- Art Exhibition Transhallucinogenetic: "Desaparecen Primero las Palabras¨
Interactive sculpture. Collaborated with French artist Thomas Charveriat.
- Museum Exhibit Design: "Where are the PICASSOS in The Natural History Museum¨, spring 1999
1st place, Environmental Design Research Association Student Design Award.
- Founding Member of the University's Artistic Workshop, University of Puerto Rico.
- Art Exhibition of Intaglio pieces at the University of Puerto Rico, spring 1993