- + Follow
My passion for design is matched only by my levelheaded approach toward business and new product development. By blending my skills in industrial design with strong business acumen, I hope to propel business by creating products that customers love by focusing on their latent needs and emotions. My belief in truth in materials carries the customer’s expectations through to the performance of the product, ultimately building the brand through repeat purchases. My goals are to bring my experience and love for design to a company that shares this passion, and to help build a team of leaders. Specialties: Sketching, Branding, User Research, Human Factors, Marketing Research, Brainstorming Moderator, Managing Expectations, Managing Feature-Creep, Focusing on the Big Picture, Negotiation, Licensing Expertise, Graphic Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Multitasking, Passion for Design, Design Management, Competitive Research, Consumer Research
Housewares Product Design
School Supply Product Design
Sephora- Graphic Design
• New Product Development lead driving strategy on Stage 0 & 1 and 3 Year Innovation Pipeline
• Managing advanced product platform development strategy and research- Market, Consumer & Competitive analysis
• Manage external design firms in the design and development of new products
• Work closely with marketing, engineering, sales and sourcing to deliver best in class products
• Implemented and manage SurveMonkey Audience consumer research programs companywide.
• Emphasize testing, iteration, and market research to develop affordable, innovative products in under tight timelines.
• Design & develop innovative housewares products for West Bend, Amco, Chicago Metallic, and Swing-A-Way.
• Researched and managed the procurement of a new state of the art 3D printer for the company.
• Develop exclusive products for retail stores like Target, Walmart, Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Sur la Table.
• Utilize Solidworks, CS4, hand sketching, and rapid prototyping to quickly take ideas from concept to reality.
• Conceptualized and designed school supplies ranging from rulers and sharpeners to locker vanities and binders.
• Emphasize consumer research through surveys, Amazon product testing, and YouTube product reviews.
• Study childhood ergonomics and human factors to improve usability and reduce strain.
• Featured in “Top Ten Back to School Products” in Women’s Day- August 2009
• Reduced manufacturing costs by creating lean designs using low cost materials and processes.
• Consolidated generic brands to improve overall market awareness of Lockermate brand.
• Improved packaging, consumer research, and branding resulting in increased sell-thrus.
• Sketched and created drawings for houseware and novelty toy products.
• Worked closely with product management, product designers, and graphic design to launch products on time.
• Teamed up with product designer of Hx2 to create several successful Target exclusive seasonal housewares products.
• Winner of 2006 Disney Innovator of the Year- Houston Harvest
• Lead product design & development for Scooby Doo for 3-holiday seasons- Concept through Manufacturing.
• Innovated Easter basket packaging to hold a sports ball, which reduced assembly time and tape needed by 40%.
• Designed Disney Princess Tutu that could fit girls size 3-7 and cost 30% less to manufacture- Still in production
• Responsible for designing complex die-lines using Adobe Illustrator
• Designed products for +20 licenses including Budweiser, Build-a-Bear, and Disney.
• Lead team to redesign front office that was approved by the head of Houston Harvest and well received by employees.
- Focused redesign on improving desk ergonomics, using color theory to improve mood, and improve air flow/quality.
• Provided creative direction and leadership to freelance designers to develop new products for the collectibles industry
• Managed +10 people to design and develop model trains and miniature villages
• Managed multiple Asian vendors negotiating costs and providing art direction for sculpting and painting.
• Successfully launched +20 original products that are still on sale to this day.
• Maintained a project load of 90-150 products at a time from concept through production
• Presented original concepts supported by research and statistics to the directors at biweekly meetings.
• Trained 4 associates to maintain the FileMaker project status database.
• Provided creative direction for direct marketing ads placed in newspapers, magazines and mail.
• Negotiated deals with licensors and worked one on one to gain approvals.
• Designed products for +25 licenses including Thomas Kinkade, NFL, and Johnny Cash.
• Masters of Science- McCormick School of Engineering Candidate- June 2011 • Combines courses in Kellogg Business Management & Marketing, Design, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, and Law. • Maintained a 3.7 GPA • Excelled in Human Factors under Russ Branaghan from Arizona State while at Northwestern. • Rated as one of the Top 30 Design Programs in the World 2010 by BusinessWeek. • Developed a product from cradle-to-sales presentation in a multidisciplinary group over the course of 2 years. • Project leader in charge of managing a team of software developers that designed and developed a gallery website showcasing the program.
• Studio Arts Minor • 4.73 GPA Honor College Graduate • Member of heralded Interdisciplinary Product Development course- Sept 2009 BusinessWeek Innovation Blog • Volunteered for the NBC5 Homework Hotline for 1 year helping kids with their homework two nights per week • Researched products to improve childhood exercise, as well as studied psychology and medicine. • Created screen based product concepts using information architecture, personas, user scenarios, flow charts, wireframes, and visual prototypes.