- + Follow
Visual / UX Designer
New York, NY
New York, NY
Visual / UX Designer with over 8 years design experience including 2 years management experience in companies ranging from large to small, agency to in-house, and corporate to startup. Marianne blends psychology, art, and technology to ensure each user experience is engaging, intuitive and strategic. She excels at working individually as well as managing multicultural, multidisciplinary teams to create and implement effective designs that exceed expectations.
Management Consulting Firm's Marketing & Recruiting Website
Pricing Analysis & Implementation Interface
MARIANNE E. MAGUIRE
174A 8th Street, Apt #3, Brooklyn, New York 11215
1. Strong leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
2. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash; Quark Xpress; Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint.
3. Fluent in HTML, CSS.
Visual / UX Designer
Associated Press, New York, NY 2012 to Present
Sr Interactive / UX Designer
Novantas, LLC, New York, NY 2008 to 2012
1. Managed and designed all brand identity materials for mid-size consulting firm and subsidiaries including websites, brochures, promotional merchandise and publications.
2. Designed intuitive user interfaces for technology division, transforming Excel spreadsheets into robust desktop and web applications. Licenses sold to major banks nationwide.
3. Tripled website readership through Web 2.0 and Social Media: Conceived and designed topical quarterly multimedia publication and companion 100+ article library with catalog system and share features.
4. Increased productivity: Collaborated with development team to build CMS system; and taught junior staff HTML, typography and InDesign for daily web/print production.
The Intelligence Group, New York, NY, 2007 to 2007
1. Organized sub-identity systems for weekly seminars and designed client-catered presentations, including pamphlets, brochures, buckslips, power point presentations, etc.
2. Gained new accounts with Nike and Citibank through client-targeted capabilities brochures.
3. Increased sales through client-catered seminar materials: Delta Airlines requested IG create marketing materials based on their trend seminar Trend Store Brochure.
Hoashi Communications, Inc., New York, NY, 2005 to 2007
1. Designed and executed entire creative content from concept to completion including artwork, print-ready mechanicals and hand-coded websites in HTML.
2. Conceived and built highly functional end-user focused websites: Coding was lauded as thoughtful and progressive by legally blind tester.
3. Enhanced client concepts with strategic design: Transformed Tamale Software request for a internal use poster into a full-blown product capabilities flyer.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY, Spring 2006
1. Co-instructed book design course focusing on the visual expression of social rituals.
2. Led critiques and provided feedback to assist students in honing their concepts and layouts to achieve a cohesive and engaging message.
3. Turned weak projects into powerful presentations: One group that was in danger of failing, received high praise from Pratt faculty after weekly extra help sessions.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY
M.S. in Communications Design, 2005
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
B.A. in Psychology and in Art, 2003