I have a bachelor of science in Industrial Design and am currently working toward an MFA in Furniture Design. I am also designing packaging, games, and other products for Fundex Games in Indianapolis. My main interests as far as design are Toys, Games, Furniture, and Lighting.
Nathan Myles Tommer
Metropolitan State College of Denver, 2005 - 2010
BS - Industrial Design
3.7 Cumulative GPA
• Photoshop • Illustrator • InDesign
• AutoCad • SolidWorks • Photoview 360
• MS Office
• Creativity • Innovative Ideas • Sketching • Drafting
• Model Making • Prototyping • Wood Working • Metal Work
• Plastics - Materials & Processes • Research • Presentations
• Strong Written Communication i.e. Reports & Proposals
Bronze Prize - 23rd Koizumi ILDC - 2010
Membership in IDSA and The Furniture Society
Contributing author to “A World of Stories” children’s book - 2008
- Little Colorado Summer 2010
I worked in close collaboration with all members of the leadership staff at this children's furniture manufactory in Denver. Over the course of my 150 hours I learned about every aspect of the business, from working in assembly on the production floor, to researching and implementing design solutions that would bring products and instructions into compliance with new CPSIA and ASTM requirements for juvenile products.
- UPS 2006-09
This fast paced industry required machinery operators to be extremely organized while working rapidly and efficiently; moving tons of highly time sensitive materials through the warehouse and loading them into tractor trailers daily.
- Global Network Systems 2004-06
Working as an independent contractor required a great degree of self direction, and self sufficiency, to maintain all the various aspects of the business. Necessary skills included; sales and installation of communication products, designing and developing promotional materials, negotiating contracts, inventory control, billing, collections, and accounting for time and expenses.
- Dish Network 2001-04
Working for Echostar represented an intensive education in terms of technical skills, knowledge, and customer service experience. Technicians were responsible for the installation, maintenance and service of entertainment and communication systems within customer homes including practically every type of consumer electronics device available; satellite systems, high definition televisions, coax cable and telephone lines, stereo surround sound systems, CCTV and more.
• Making artwork • Writing Children's Poetry • Vintage Star Wars action figures • First edition and rare books • Comic books • Antique furniture and toys • Classical and science fiction literature