Neil Macqueen is a widely experienced designer, having designed three of the twelve installations for one of the South West's largest redevelopment projects in recent years, the Grand Pier. He now works for James Dyson, developing next generation products for Dyson's worldwide markets.
- Jun 2011 - Present (2 years 6 months)
Designing next generation products for Dyson's worldwide markets.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Oxford Instruments
- Aug 2010 - May 2011 (9 months)
Mechanical design developing next generation tools and sustaining various aspects of Plasma tooling used in the Semiconductor and research environment.
Product Design Engineer
- Gravitron Design
- Jun 2009 - Aug 2010 (1 year 2 months)
A Gloucestershire based company that design and manufacture electric vehicles, rides and drive systems for the leisure, service and automotive industries. Recently completing a £51 million pound renovation of Weston-super-mare’s Grand Pier, which re-opened July 2010.
- Aug 2008 - Mar 2009 (7 months)
Formflo Limited is a leading manufacturer of roll-formed driveline components, produced by our own unique cold metal forming process.Preferred suppliers of synchroniser sleeves and constant velocity joint cages to many automotive customers in Europe and in North and South America. I headed a project to diversify and improve product range, and address issues around waste material.
University of the West of England
- Bsc(Hons) Product Design and Innovation
- 2005 - 2008
- Exhibiting Furniture at London Design Festival 2010.
- Selected for e-Creative’s ‘Best up and coming Designers Directory 2010/2011’
- Coverage on BBC radio and BBC Points West for my design work.