This is my portfolio...enjoy.
Skate Surf etc
Michael Adam Nichols
5888 Biscay Street
Denver, Colorado 80249
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER-Nichols Design Works
July, 2011 - present
• Developing original apparel graphics, print and pattern by request and direction for various clients, such as Kohl’s, Old Navy, Gap, Target, Kotis Design, Gymboree, Wal-Mart, etc.
CONTRACT DESIGNER-Gift Card Impressions Inc.,
Kansas City, KS
January, 2O11 - JULY,2O11
• Graphic designer for consumer gift packaging products.
• Worked with product development team-- to design/illustrate consumer products: Gift card design,package design, point of
• Excellent time manager and team player who can estimate work schedules, ensure that deadlines are met, and communicates progress.
CONTRACT DESIGNER-Kohl's CORP.
February, 2OO6 - 2O1O
• Infant/Toddler boys graphic designer for Kohls private brands Jumping Beans and Sonoma
• Developed screen graphics, illustrations, all over prints, woven plaids and knits for particular business segment according to merchant line plans.
JCPenney Company, Inc. Plano, Texas
Sept. 2OOO - Aug. 2OO6
Textile Designer-JCPenney Private Brands
Okie Dokie, and The Arizona Jean Company
•Managing Designer for two JCPenney infant/toddler, Young Men’s and Boys 4-20 private brands.
•Developed graphics, cartoons, all over prints, woven plaids and knits for particular business segment according to merchant line plans, assortment strategies and theme/trend direction.
•Produced cohesive product presentations to sell concepts to merchants, including boards, tears and sample products.
•Researched trend, color and theme, utilizing trend services, Internet and competitive shopping.
•Maintained consistent point of view and point of differentiation within and between brands through collaboration with design director and peers.
•Collaborated with merchandising and sourcing to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity within target price points.
•Interacted and developed relationships with buyers and sourcing to enhance ideas, leverage expertise and streamline processes and product.
•Calibrated Iris and Epson printers to match Pantone and Scotdic swatches.
JCPenney Company, Inc. Plano, Texas
April 1999 - September 2OOO
•Designed multi-media slide presentations through collaboration with JCPenney executives.
•Developed web graphics for company website JCPenney.com.
•Created type and graphics for corporate videos.
Nichols Illustration and Design, Dallas, Texas
•Developed original graphics, print and pattern by request and direction for various clients, such as Old Navy, Gap, Target, Flapdoodles, Gymboree, Sears and Wal-Mart.
Freeman Decorating Company, Dallas, Texas
January 1997—March 1999
•Designed and application of sign graphics for corporate conventions and trade shows.
•Approved and tracked prototypes and artwork, for both domestic and import product
•Input domestic bill of materials and communicated with factories and agents to ensure product was manufactured correctly presented line to senior staff and sales team periodically throughout year.
Interior Systems, Incorporated, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
May 1995—December 1996
•Responsible for the design of custom graphics and signage for themed McDonalds, various major restaurant chains and family entertainment businesses world wide
•Produced custom airbrush product as well as camera ready line art.
•Macintosh OS X, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe Photoshop CS5, U4ia 6.0, Word, PowerPoint, logo, type and screen design for various apparel applications. Hand illustration and cartooning skills.
The Art Institute of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
Associate of Applied Arts, Visual Communications/Graphic Design
Available Upon Request
The Art Institute of Dallas
- Associates Degree in Visual Communications and Design Graphic Design
- 1996 - 1998