I specialize in design, illustration and photography.
Furminator Endcap Design
Illustration for Blackstone Community Golf Culb House
Montesoro Plan View Illustration
Strategy and design development for multi-channel consumer experiences; including store design, fixture design and prototype development through roll out, in-store branding and visual communication, project management, space planning, store planning, vendor selection and negotiation.
+ Prototyping & Testing
+ Retail Design
+ Environmental Design
+ Fixture Design
+ Furniture Design
+ Graphic Design
+ Conceptual Illustration
Illustrator, Greey/Pickett, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 (Oct 2004 – May 2007)
• Illustrator for site planning & landscape architectural presentation exhibits. .
• Producing hand graphics to be used as plans for presentations of future community sites.
• Digital manipulation and adjusting of Cad plans for presentations.
• Photograph existing community sites.
• Update photo library for reference material and photo stocks.
Freelance Designer, Pittsburgh PA (January 2004 – Sept 2004)
• Strategize and created innovative ideas to meet clients’ needs for advertising collateral.
• Designed signage for vinyl and screen printing applications.
• Ensured profitability and competitiveness on projects thru astute pricing of jobs.
• Photographed virtual tours for real estate properties and hotels.
• Photographed stock shots and print collateral for local companies.
Graphic Designer, Intengu Communication, East London, South Africa (May 2003 – Nov 2003)
• Pitched and won design of corporate branding for Coat of Arms for the Amatole district of East London, SA.
• Prepared and presented creative ideas to city officials including the mayor of the Amatole District.
• Designed marketing material including posters, t-shirts and caps to promote Eco Challenge for the Eastern Cape Department of Arts.
• Worked on various projects for Eastern Cape Dept of Education. Designed and presented ideas for posters, brochures, and annual reports.
• Photographed Eco Challenge event for advertising material.
• Pitched for an above the line account for the East London Tourism board to promote new tourism campaign for holiday season.
• Prepared freehand and computer generated art, graphics, publications and photo retouching.
• Brainstormed for brand strategy and pitched for new accounts.
• Photographed products and outdoor material for brochure needs.
• Estimated costs, schedules and managed projects beginning to end.
• Event management responsible for design and production of print collateral.
• Created 3D displays for Lovedale College.
• Designed thumbnails, rough s and final comps for print advertising.
• Evaluate and choose vendors for select outsourcing.
Head Designer, Quantum Publishers, Cape Town, South Africa (July 2000 - January 2003)
• Designed the layouts of articles and overall look of a monthly magazine while meeting all deadlines.
• Photographed and directed photographers for articles.
• Trained and mentored new team members and Interns.
• Supervised the art direction with designers within the team, managed projects, prepared reports, directed
staff, reviewed and finalized proofs for copy, artwork and press checks.
• Liaison with Reproduction House.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University