- + Follow
Current: Industrial Designer for a manufacturer of consumer products for storage and home decor. Educational background in Architecture (B. Arch/Drexel University). A strong interest in developing the built environment - beyond the single residential structure or commercial entity. City Planning is the ultimate way to improve the built environment and shape the way people view and interact with their surroundings...in a positive way! Specialties: Solidworks Certified, Solidworks 2012, AutoCAD 2012, Revit Architecture 2012, Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6, Sketch-up 8, 3D Modeling and Rendeirng Extremely versatile...can quickly change gears from conceptual to highly technical.
• Originates and develops ideas to design the form of manufactured products: Reads
publications, participates in functional team meetings, and consults with engineering,
marketing, production, and sales representatives to establish design concepts.
• Evaluates design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function
relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price,
production costs, methods of production, market characteristics, and client specifications.
• Integrates findings and concepts and sketches design ideas.
• Presents conceptual design to Product Managers and functional team members and
discusses design concept as related to original design brief.
• Creates 3D Model and Photo-Realistic images of designed products using Solid Works and
• Prints simulated model using in-house rapid prototyping/SLA 3D Printer to assess size,
ergonomics, fit, form and function.
• Prepares illustrations for Sales Presentations and technical manuals.
• Prepares detailed engineering/working drawings from initial sketches and design
specifications for tooling and manufacturing of final product components and assemblies.
• Creates 3D building information modeling and 2D construction documentation using
• Performs red-line changes and revisions.
• Participates in the architectural design process and assists in the development of alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the client or for agency approval.
• Develops project specifications from corporate specifications.
• Assists in the creation of construction drawings for small scale commercial projects.
• Scan, copy, print, and transmit original working drawings of current projects and organize and
maintain project files.