***CALLING ALL PHOTOSHOP PROS: Visit my new charity project: www.careforsandy.org. Help restore photos damaged by hurricane Sandy. We need you! :)
SUGGESTION: Roll over thumbnail to learn whether a 'project' contains interactive, advertising, design or video samples.
TEMPORARY NOTE: Coroflot's June 2012 site overhaul which abolished one's ability to create categorical thumbnail galleries in favor of blog-style scrolling/slideshows has made my previously easy to navigate (interactive/mad avenue/design) portfolios impossible to preview as intended. Flash files with audio + auto-starts have also resulted in eyeball-garbling cacophony. Please accept my apologies as I attempt to restructure accordingly. ~ Cheers!
Crossword puzzle constructor, seasoned art + copy CD (all mediums), illustrator, writer, music fest producer, occasional SVA prof, former pro ballet dancer, detail oriented, independently motivated, friendly freelance hybrid. Especially keen on comprehensive branding assignments, long-term gigs which will keep me busy for a month or more + collaborative efforts with fellow seniors. In short open to challenges of all varieties which will enhance my portfolio in diverse ways.
Please say howdy!
***Note: Have freelanced by choice (not via battle axe!) over the past 6+ years and enjoy the freedom which freelance affords, however am open to learning about appropriately senior (ACD/CD) FT positions which inspire. Especially those involving music, the arts, multi-media branding, meaningful non-profit messaging or foreign relocation. Copywriting gigs are also welcome. Please request official resumé for more formal details.
*10/2012 Slowly updating portfolio after a long hiatus...stay tuned for new additions.
~ RECENT PROJECTS ~
* Founded charity organization, CARE for Sandy. CARE stands for Cherished Albums Restoration Effort. Our mission is simple: to offer FREE digital restoration services for individuals and families whose salvaged photos have been damaged by October's devastating hurricane. I produce on-premise scanning events in afflicted NJ & NY communities, oversee all restorations, run all aspects of our website and more. Visit to volunteer or connect Sandy victims you might know with retouching experts from around the globe. (Roughly 450 have volunteered since CARE's 11/10/12 inception, representing 22 different countries and cultures. Thousands of photographs and hundreds of families will be receiving CARE for Sandy's assistance.)
We're looking to pair Sandy victims with talented Photoshop wizards — Coroflot users, included! Visit www.careforsandy.org/restoration-specialists to learn how to volunteer.
Press coverage includes: Public Radio International "The World" (audio interview + web) ||| NBC News 4 (local affiliate TV segment + web) ||| ABC New York (TV segment) ||| PBS "Need to Know" (webisode) ||| The Daily News (print feature + web) ||| The Toronto Star (print feature + web; Canada's largest newspaper) ||| The Wall Street Journal (web) ||| The Philadelphia Inquirer (print feature + web) ||| CBC (web) ||| Univision (Spanish TV segment) ||| CNN (national long-form radio) ||| Fox News (national TV segment) ||| Upworthy (web) ||| The Brooklyn Courier (print feature + web) ||| The Brooklyn Paper (print feature + web) ||| NJ.com (web) ||| CW (local TV segment) ||| News 12 Brooklyn (local TV segment)
* Partnered with ECD on :30s for Ronzoni pasta.
* What Deutsch and Grey can't handle, DIRECTV's own micro internal creative team can. I pen headlines & long-form copy, art direct, mechanical paper engineer and even illustrate for multiple divisions. Wing-flapping NFL fairy ceiling danglers, happy hour clocks, interactive iPad ads, pull-tab counter toppers, love motel doorhangers, B2B brochures, 3D New Year's glasses, children's chorus scoring, silk-screened manpurses, pop-up annual reports, magazine glossies + too many other mediums to name have all permeated my stuffed sketchbook and MAC. (Content is entertainment & sports heavy; Have consulted since August of 2009.)
* Always busy penning crossword puzzles. (2 new national syndicates in the works!!!)
* Co-founded SIDESHOWS LLC, a company/festival moniker conceived in tandem with the Big Apple Circus in Damrosch Park at Lincoln Center in New York City. Original intent? An 8-16 event music-meets-the-circus-under-the-big-top extravaganza with an estimated inaugural season attendance of 8,000-10,000. The recession thwarted our most ambitious efforts, however Time Magazine deemed our premiere evening (DeVotchka, Angus & Julia Stone + motley circus performers) "one of the best" of 2010.
Our group was the first to have presented ticketed music events in the big top in 33 years (since BAC's first season at Lincoln Center), which certainly captured the attention of competitive bookers, who attempted to stage events in our wake.
Talent coordination, sponsorship corralling, general production, design, writing, research, IA and guerilla marketing efforts. You name it. I tasked it. (*SIDESHOWS has future non-circus related music events up its future sleeve.)
~ MAD AVENUE STAFF ~
Atmosphere BBDO (August 2005 to August 2006; ACD...managed several jr teams), McCann-Erickson (July 2003 to July 2005; Senior AD/CW), Amster Yard (September 2000 to June 2003; AD/CW)
~ FREELANCE ART DIRECTION + WRITING + FLOTSAM ~
Boom Boom (AD/CW), Charlie Screen (AD/CW), Condé Nast Publications Corporate Art (AD), Consulate (Music Supervisor), Cooper Robertson & Partners (AD), Digitas (AD/CW), DirecTV (AD/CW), Gourmet Magazine (AD), HBO (AD/Title Designer), Helenbeck Gallery, Paris (AD), Hey Hey My My (Publicist + Spot-Manager), ID Magazine (AD), I'm From Barcelona (Publicist), JellyNYC (AD/CW), The L Magazine (Crossword Constructor), Millennium Communications (AD/CW), One Little Indian (AD), Other Music (AD), Paul Park Photography (AD/CW), Putnam & Grosset Book Group (AD), R/GA (AD/CW), Robert Redford (AD/IA), School of Visual Arts (Day School BFA Sr. Advertising Portfolio Instructor), The New York Times (Crossword Constructor), Time Out New York (Restaurant Reviewer), Towers Perrin (Film Photographer) Visual Arts Press (Crossword Constructor) + individual clients as seen below
~ SAMPLE CLIENTS ~
American Express, AOL, The Apples in Stereo, Asobi Seksu, Bacardi (Dominican Republic/ Spain/ USA), Bacardi Limón ( Denmark/ Netherlands/ Portugal/ Spain), Charlie Screen, Cingular, Citibank, City of Kirkland Parks & Recreation Department, Clare & the Reasons, Coca-Cola, DirecTV, Excite, FedEx, The Felice Brothers, GZA, HBO, Helenbeck Gallery (France), Honeytongue, Jamie Lidell, Les Savy Fav, Macy’s East, Martini (France/ Italy/ Spain), MasterCard, Nikon Digital, Outdoor Life Network (Global Extremes: Mt. Everest/ International Skiing Federation/ Louis Vuitton Cup/ Tour de France), Paul Park Photography, Partnership for a Drug-Free America, PFLAG, Proctor & Gamble, Quaker Oats, Robert Redford’s Sundance Preserve, Rock the Vote, Ronzoni, Samsung, Snickers, Southpaw, Subaru, Tindersticks, Uniball, Verizon, Vespa (USA), Viagra, Visual Arts Press
~ AWARDS + RECOGNITION ~
Graphis (18 pieces), Global Effies (Gold), W3 Awards (Interactive Gold), How Magazine (Feature Profile), Commercial Closet Association Images in Advertising Awards (Best OOH), Spain's Control Magazine "Premios" Awards (Best OOH), Applied Arts Magazine Awards, The Wilde Years (Exhibition), University & Colleges Design Association Awards, AdCritic/
Adweek/ Brandweek/ Creativity/ NY Magazine/ NY Times/PDN/ Print Magazine (Shout-Outs)
~ SCHOLASTIC HONORS ~
Art Directors Club Merit Scholarship, Bea Feitler Merit Scholarship, The One Club Merit Scholarship, The One Club Student Exhibition, Screen Printing Technical Foundation Merit Scholarship, SVA Departmental Honors Scholarship, SVA Rhodes Family Gold Medal (#1 graduate/class of 500), SVA Silas H. Rhodes Merit Scholarship, SVA Visual Opinion Merit Scholarship, Who's Who Among College Students
~ PROFESSIONAL DANCE ~
Pacific Northwest Ballet (1990/1991/1994), Pennsylvania Ballet (1992/1993), Royal Danish Ballet (1993)