Landscape Architect with 4 years of experience in landscape design development.
The University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland
PhD candidate (2004-2009)
Planned defence of doctoral thesis: June 2009
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland
Master degree in Landscape Architecture (1999-2004)
Department of Landscape Architecture and Ornamental Plants, The University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland
ASSISTANT LECTURER of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Landscape Architecture Course development
- Project Design, Digital Methods, History of the Designed Landscape
- Critique and tutorial advice and Coordination
Stelmach i Partnerzy Architectural Design, Lublin, Poland
FREELANCE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
- Designing outdoor social space and creating strong 1st impression of 'Felicity' Shopping Centre in Lublin
- Emphasizing modern and ascetic architecture with the landscape design
- Providing design masterplans and cross sections
Ostrow Lubelski Municipal Council, Poland
TEAM LEADER LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT
- Designing a complex of recreation and leisure gardens at Miejskie Lake
- Providing design masterplans, cross sections and detailed planting drawings
- Providing with a vision of the project objectives, motivating and inspiring, encouraging creativity and maintaining healthy group dynamics
Environmental Contractors, Inc., West Orange, NJ, USA
- Researching new market opportunities
- Mapping out potential customers and competitors
- Providing status reports to management on overall sales and marketing activities
- Creating and updating customers database
DESIGN (SERVICE CONTRACTS)
Title: FELICITY SHOPPING CENTRE OUTDOOR SPACE DESIGN
Client: Stelmach i Partnerzy Architectural Design, Lublin, Poland
Scope: To design a space, emphasizing modern and ascetic architecture and to create strong 1st impression of 'Felicity' Shopping Centre in Lublin. To provide leisure space for shopping centre clients, to create an 'oasis' of greenery in the concrete space.
Title: REVALORIZATION OF THE SACRED-SOURCE COMPLEX IN TRZÊSINY IN WEST ROZTOCZE
Client: Parish of St. John the Baptist, Trzesiny
Scope: To develop a redesign of the sacred-source complex in order to improve the compositional structure of this unique interior due to its nature and culture values. To create an attractive place of pray and reflection, as well as an element of promotion of regional values.
Title: RECREATION GARDEN COMPLEX AT MIEJSKIE LAKE
Client: Ostrow Lubelski Municipal Council
Scope: To create a complex of gardens providing high aesthetic values and spatial context for recreation in harmony with surrounding landscape and cultural tradition of the region.
Title: COMPOSITION OF THE TREE-COVERED ROADSIDE AREAS BETWEEN OSTROW LUBELSKI AND MIEJSKIE LAKE
Client: Ostrow Lubelski Municipal Council
Scope: To emphasize the positive aspects of a busy rout and create a picturesque avenue leading to the lake recreational complex. The work was divided into three stages: inventorying and tree-stand management, designing of a comprehensive structure, detailed plan of plantings.
Title: REDESIGN OF THE MUNICIPAL PARK IN OSTROW LUBELSKI
Client: Ostrow Lubelski Municipal Council
Scope: To make an inventory and to redesign the municipal park. To create aesthetic and eye-catching space in the city centre. To provide a place for children recreation and relaxation for adults.
Title: RESTORATION OF THE ANCIENT MANOR PARK IN SYCYNA
Client: Zwolen District Municipal Council
Scope: To make an inventory and restoration of the ancient manor park, famous polish 16th century poet, Jan Kochanowski, place of birth. To emphasize the importance of the place and provide an attractive tourist space.
Title: EDUCATIONAL AND RECREATION GARDEN COMPLEX IN THE YOUTH-CARE CENTRE IN GLEBOKIE
Client: Youth-care Centre, Glebokie
Scope: To design a space providing young people entertainment, outdoor sport activity, relaxation and education as well as occupational outdoor therapy.
2004 - 2009
Number of home gardens for private investors.
COURSES TAUGHT (2004 - 2008)
- Landscape Architectural Design
- Landscape Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Digital Methods
- History of the Designed Landscape (conservation and restoration)
- Construction Materials and Methods
- Home Gardens Design
- Green Spaces Nurture
- Significant horticultural knowledge including experiences with plant lists
- Thorough working knowledge of all hand tools and miscellaneous landscaping equipment
- Able to take projects from conception to construction
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, friendly and professional manners
- Strong team work skills
- Creative, hard-working, responsible, enthusiastic, willing to learn
- English (fluent), Polish (native)
- Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Power Point
- Auto CAD, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDRAW, SketchUp
- Choreographer and aerobics instructor (1999 - 2007)
- Driving License: B, active driver with 9 years of experience
- Aerobics, Swimming, Horse ridding
- Photoshop addict
- Vegetarian and Animal lover
Title: LANDSCAPE AND DENDROLOGY TRANSFORMATIONS OF LUBLIN NECROPOLIS.
Abstract: Cemeteries, as a significant cultural and historical phenomenon, have much more complex function than just a simple place of burial. They are places of worship and quiescence, pensiveness on passing of time, places where you can think back to the people who departed. Cemeteries are also means of conveying cultural occurrences, record of customs, traditions, artistic movements as well as society's financial situation. The present and the past are incessantly brought together among the necropolis. Furthermore, cemeteries fulfil an important, ecological role as one of the city green-areas components. Due to their biological diversity they enrich city landscape and provide suitable conditions of life for many animals species.
In keeping with Christian tradition, burials took place in churchyards within the city limits until the 18th century. Yet, churchyards space became too small and in fear of outbreak of an epidemic it was ordered to localize necropolis outside the city limits. In 1773, the campaign of cemeteries relocation began in Poland. New necropolis were situated at vast expanse of the undeveloped areas on the pattern of gardens which enabled to build individual gravestones. 19th century brought in two representative solutions - the cemetery like the landscape park and the quite ascetic rural cemetery.
The aim of the study was:
- to analyze changes that occurred in the cemeteries layouts against the background of urban development transformations, historical and cultural changes
- to make an inventory of cemeteries' tree-stand as a peculiar factor which determines their landscape
- to show cemeteries' cultural values as well as restoration and design options
The work showed the actual location of the Lublin City necropolis including the ancient, under restore's preservation and contemporary cemeteries highlighted. Furthermore, the analysis of the changes undergoing in the city landscape, as well as among individual cemeteries, allowed to determine value and influence of separate facilities on the contemporary landscape of Lublin. Moreover, it enabled to work out guidelines for proper management and to determine optimal directions for spatial development of emergent cemeteries.
- Sowinska B., Oles A., Chmielewski T.J., Landscape composition analysis and directives of the source-sacred complex revalorization in Trzêsiny village (West Roztocze region), Nature and The City, SGGW, 2006, Vol. X: 248-258
- Dabski M., Oles A., Parzymies M., Trees and shrubs in the Lublin city centre, Division Agricultural, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences - Advances of Agricultural Sciences Problem Issues, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2006, 510-1: 127-135.
- Dabski M., Parzymies M., Oles A., Influence on cytokinins on proliferation of Hebe buchananii (Hook) and Hebe canterburiensis (J.B. Armstr.) Prostrata in vitro, Division Agricultural, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences - Advances of Agricultural Sciences Problem Issues, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2006, 510-1: 137-142.
- Pudelska K., Swider A., Oles A., Propagation of intensification of chosen species of ornamental grasses, Division Agricultural, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences - Advances of Agricultural Sciences Problem Issues, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2006, 510-2: 541-550.
- Dabski M., Oles A., Dendrology analysis of the historic cemetery on Lipowa Street in Lublin, Nature and The City, SGGW, 2006, Vol. VIII: 434-440.
- Chmielewski T.J., Oles A., Improvement of ecological condition and optimization of tourist traffic of Miejskie-Kleszczów lakes reception basin as a pilot solution to implement on Bug Euroregion of the lake district, PHARE, Ostrow Lubelski, 2006, pp: 18-20, 22-24.
- Przesmycka E., Oles A., Landscape transformation of the Vistula River banks in the Kazimierz Dolny City limits, Scientific Conference: IX Forum of Landscape Architecture 'Water in The Landscape', Szczecin, 2006
- Pudelska K., Oles A., Swider A. State of preservation of manor park in Wierzchowiska, Scientific Conference: IX Forum of Landscape Architecture 'Landscape shaped by agricultural cultivation', Olsztyn, 2005