- + Follow
Designer, artist and musician.
Based on the energy efficiency problems we face today I approach design from a sensitive perspective to the use of the most innovative production techniques and sustainable materials; I understand that the application of co-designing techniques and continuous research helps us to better understand the real necessities of a product or service and the form they shall take.
As a side passion I smash the drums, beat the congas and spank the djembes, always looking for jamming opportunities and music projects.
To solve relevant problems putting ideas in practice and developing innovative and effective
solutions for humans in a design driven environment.
• Bachelor of Industrial Design, Emily Carr University (2008-2013 expected)
Product Development - Design Research - Prototyping – Ergonomics
• SACI Studio Art Centers International in Florence (Fall 2011)
• Upper intermediate proficiency certificate, U.B.C. ELI (Sept 2007-Dec 2007)
• SolidWorks 2010
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Quick Sketching
• Hand Rendering
• Field Research
• Model Making
• Rapid Prototyping
• Product Testing
• “Assistive Devices” a project in collaboration with GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre
(sponsor of the “Solutions” annual exhibition); Developing an assistive hand tool for
people living with congenital upper-limb deformities. (2011)
• “Clean Motion” a project in collaboration with PowerTech Canada; Designed a Rain
protection garment for cyclists. (2010)
• “Sustainable Lighting” a project in collaboration with MP Lighting Canada; Designed a flat
packed wooden lamp for low impact production. (2009)
Related Work Experience
• Studio Andrea Ponsi; helped with technical drawings and prepared materials for an office
installation. (Fall 2011)
• Plug and Wear Firenze; created conceptual drawings for wearable technology (Fall 2011)
• SIGA S.A. de C.V. Aguascalientes, Mexico. Administrative support for the national
Enciclomedia project (Summer 2006)
• Spanish (native) • English (fluent) • Italian (basic)
• Drums • Music • Cycling • Snowboarding
Publications and Volunteering
• Published at “The Woo magazine”, second edition 2011, www.woomagazine.ca
• Work featured at the ‘’Future Masters’’ booth in the IDS West exhibition, Vancouver 2011.
• Participant at IDSA NW junior show 2011 and 2012 in Seattle, WA.
• Active participant at “Open IDEO design for social good”, www.openideo.com
• Volunteered at “Epic sustainable living Expo in 2010 and 2012”, www.epicexpo.com
Emily Carr University of art and design
UBC- ELI- advanced diploma