- + Follow
Interactive Art Director
New York, NY
New York, NY
Over 10 years of experience delivering valuable, multi-platform designs and products to the end user. Always looking to create and innovate while utilizing broad knowledge of creative design, user experience, and informatics. Thrives in cross-functional, collaborative, dynamic work environments. PORTFOLIO: www.pngchao.com
FOX Deportes Responsive Site
Universal Studios Theme Parks Mobile Sites
Owner and Chief Designer of PCNK Design and Digital Media Consulting
* Clients include: Race for Paulo, Varident, Catalyst Agape Center, Clifford Cooper Photography, The Matthew C. Sellitto Foundation, Chelsea Newton (WNBA), Two Bumbles and a Bee, Devon Yacht Club, Filipino American Association of Central New Jersey, Franklin-Somerset First Aid Squad
EndPlay is a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider of Web Content Management (WCM) solutions to enterprise clients in media, entertainment and education. The company's ‘Intelligent Rendering' technology is at the core of its evolving architecture and platform.
- Led multiple, simultaneous projects across all phases of the design and development project life cycle
- Created and implemented innovative digital experiences for clients across various market segments
- Initiated and communicated design concepts within senior management group, other departmental directors, and external client stakeholders
- Developed a proprietary front end responsive framework, utilizing a mobile first philosophy and intuitive coding principles
- Provided design direction and insight on all client projects in the company portfolio
- Leveraged knowledge of site analytics, market trends, and competitive analysis to improve site usability across all devices
- Delivered responsive, multi-device solutions to global clients and end users
- Mobile application design
- Extensive knowledge and experience with core web technologies (HTML, CSS). Ability to understand their strengths and weaknesses as they relate to user experience
- Defined and documented UX design and interaction requirements
- Provided continual improvements to enterprise level content management environment
- Extensive knowledge of user interface guidelines and best practices for all major platforms and devices
* Clients include: Fox Deportes, Scripps, The Nation, Universal Studios (Hollywood and Orlando), No Doubt, Machine Gun Kelly, Next Media (Eat & Travel)
Web design, graphic design and web development are only a few of the services we provide. Our work is centered around your brand. We understand that your brand is the reflection of your business image and values and, therefore, everything we create is tailored for you, whether it is a website, a logo or a whole new you.
- Responsible for managing visual design and information architecture across all mobile platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone.
- Provide art direction, UX, and graphic design on projects including ScoreCenter XL 2.0, Mobile Web 5, Bowl Bound 2.0, GameCast 2.0, ESPN Sprint ID Pack, and Mobile Web Photo Gallery.
- Provide design direction on standards and aesthetics across the 3 mobile pillars of Mobile Web, Applications, and Messaging.
- Lead the definition of mobile design best practices and style guides.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors, as well as collaborate with other internal design groups to ensure consistency between TV, Web, Print, and Mobile products.
- Responsible for creating and managing all core HTML/CSS site templates, including the ESPN.com Frontpage.
- Set the standard for site optimization using techniques such as Object-Oriented CSS, CSS Sprites, and CSS3.
- Led the design phase during several successful project launches including ESPN Video, SportsNation, ESPN Photos, Team Clubhouses, ESPN Search, Insider, Member Services, and Did You Know.
- Provided mentoring and training to junior members of design team in the areas of HTML and CSS.
- Responsible for meeting with management to discuss project planning, budgeting, and the most efficient path to providing business value for our fans.
Visual Design and IT Consultant - specialized in area of User Experience/Creative Design. Gained experience and skills including: RFID Alerting, C#.NET, Flash, HTML, CSS, XML, MS SQL Server, Detailed Testing Methodology, Project Management, Human Computer Interaction.
- Transform functional design and requirements into visual compositions
- Apply user experience best practices to designs
- Interface with clients to attain approval on design direction
- Create fully interactive prototype for use in usability testing
- Create graphics for development team
- Lead project’s overall creative design effort
including information architecture, user experience, and creative design.
- Provided subject matter expertise in all areas of
functionality, and worked closely with functional team to
ensure that design ideas would satisfy all business requirements.
- Leveraged technical knowledge with usability background to
create designs for the application and help to reduce the
rework normally associated with a feasibility gap between design and development.
- On-site design consultant, which helped to establish the new look and feel for NFL.com.
- Provided a number of other services including information architecture, usability design, functional design, and creative direction.
- Added value by designing for optimal ad placement and site sponsorship to directly drive revenue to the client.
- Was involved with every aspect of site design including these major sections: Live Game Coverage, Major Events, Scores, Stats, Players, Teams, News, Photo, and Video.
- Information Technology, Technical Project Management and Digital Design with focus in Human Computer Interaction