- + Follow
Dynamic website designer and illustrator looking for new opportunities and projects.
PMD Creative LLC, Chandler, Arizona Owner/Creative Director, 2003 - Present
• Web site design with high quality aesthetics balanced with sound usability, functionality and browser compatibility.
• Business development including proposal creation, project estimates, sales and advertising.
• Serve as main point of contact for clients managing all projects, communication, schedules and timelines.
• Graphic, icon and user interface design for iPhone, iPad and Android OS.
• Design and development of eCommerce web sites with shopping carts & product catalogs containing thousands of items.
• Implementation and customization of open source Content Management Systems such as; Joomla, WordPress, ZenCart.
• Maintained project collaboration and communication with offshore programmers and developers in Russia and India.
• Search engine optimization and keyword management for clients.
• MySQL database set up and management with phpMyAdmin for open source web based applications and technologies.
• Implementation and strategy with Web 2.0/Social networking technologies including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Developed logos and identities for a wide variety of clients in diverse markets such as; technology, restaurants,
real estate, retail and sports and recreation, for HP Logoworks.
Canyon Communications, Mesa, Arizona Senior Graphic Designer, 2004 - 2008
• Designed and produced corporate printed collateral materials, direct mail, tradeshow booth exhibits, packaging, Web sites
and advertisements. Partial project list: Toro, RSC, Agrium and Simplot.
• Email blast, newsletter, landing page design. Responsible for developing driving principles of eMarketing.
• Brand development and strategy - design of new brand identities, including logos, business cards, letterhead.
• File preparation for print production and responsible for overseeing final proofing and press checks on print runs.
• Worked directly with clients to ensure vision and messaging were implemented to specifications and corporate guidelines.
• Prepared client presentation materials including design comps & packaging for sales, marketing and ad campaign pitches
• Responsible for staying current with design and internet technology trends.
• Illustration of graphics, icons and character design for use within printed collateral, online or across multiple media.
• Led the direction, task distribution and management of various freelance contractors.
• Created concepts, ideas and content for advertising campaigns consisting of both print and online media.
Go Daddy.com, Scottsdale, Arizona Senior Graphic Designer, 2003
• Designed multiple identities and web sites for Go Daddy and it’s subsidiary companies.
• Illustrated icon sets for use across various Go Daddy’s web sites.
• Created customer domain management interface and contributed to it’s development and launch.
Succeed Corporation, Chandler, Arizona Senior Graphic Designer, 2001 to 2003
• Led team that designed a multi function online business management application and eCommerce product warehouse.
• Designed interfaces for online product warehouse, auction tool, web site builders, online banking.
• Designed corporate logo and company wide identity systems including letterhead, business cards, tradeshow materials
• Managed design team workload and served as contact person with offshore developers in Russia.
• Responsible for a variety of print materials including magazine ads, business cards and tradeshow graphics.
Integrated Information Systems, Tempe, Arizona Senior Graphic Designer, 2000 to 2001
• Designed and developed client Web sites from concept through completion and evaluation.
• Developed information architecture with wireframe layouts, site maps and process flow diagrams.
• Managed junior staff and project teams consisting of junior designers, programmers and copywriters.
• Designed identities and brands for internal use and external clients.
• Assisted in sales and marketing efforts by producing spec work for potential clients.
Borders.com, Ann Arbor, Michigan Interactive Designer, 1999 to 2000
• Designed, developed and programmed online features, contests and reviews for the Borders.com Web site.
• Developed national branding solutions for interactive newsletters and print materials for all Borders stores.
• Collaborated with diverse internal departments including marketing and editorial groups to produce concise
content and site architecture.
• Collaborated with designers and programmers to produce in-store inventory searching kiosk name “Title Sleuth”.
Bowne Internet Solutions, Ann Arbor, Michigan Site Developer, 1997 to 1999
• Designed and developed Web sites and Intranets for Fortune 500 companies including Cadillac, Chrysler, Buick,
General Motors China, Merrill Lynch, Masco, Mitsubishi, Delta Faucets.
• Managed and maintained multiple client Web sites including design, development and content population.
• Responsible for quality assurance and browser testing for client projects
Netimation, Inc., East Lansing, Michigan Graphic Designer, 1995 to 1997
• One of four founding principles of the company.
• Helped grow business from a small Web design boutique of four employees to an ISP with more than 2500 customers
and eleven employees.
• Led the design and art direction of all internal corporate and external client Web sites.
• Participated in marketing, sales and strategy meetings effecting corporate goals and direction.
SOFTWARE & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
• Adobe Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5, Macromedia Dreamweaver CS5, Flash CS5, Quark XPress
• Michigan State University - Bachelor of Science: May 1996
Michigan State University