- + Follow
Experienced UX and Graphic Design Professional
Building Legends Direct Mail Piece
eCommerce Portal Site map and User Flow
Font Icon Creation Process Flow
• Design the overall user experience of interactive learning gadgets from requirements gathering to wireframing through final interface design and user testing.
• UX and UI design for English Language Learners iOS mobile Flashcards applications.
• Responsible for encouraging and ensuring proper UX standards, best practices and corporate brand guidelines across multiple business unit products.
• Responsible for updating and managing the online UX style guide for all of our HTML gadgets and SCO page layouts within Pearson’s internal company portal NEO.
• Modified the user experience of the Pearson Mobile Hub web site to focus more on user needs and directing targeted markets more effectively through the site in addition to making the site more mobile first.
• Led and oversaw the user experience efforts in the development of the Next Generation Social Studies Root SCO including consulting on gadget functionality, layout design and implementation, as well as responsive design.
• Provide wireframing annotated mock-ups, style guides, UI elements, interaction and process workflows for gadgets, iOS applications and web sites.
• Assists the RIMA development team with gadget creation through css generation, graphic production and sprite creation.
• Rapid prototyping through paper or HTML mock-ups for digital, online and mobile e-learning products.
• Use of user testing, focus groups and site analytics in conjunction to optimize user experience of our digital products.
• Web site design with high quality aesthetics balanced with sound usability, functionality and browser compatibility.
• Business development including proposal creation, project estimates, sales and advertising.
• Serve as main point of contact for clients managing all projects, communication, schedules and timelines.
• Graphic, icon and user interface design for iPhone, iPad and Android OS.
• Design and development of eCommerce web sites with shopping carts & product catalogs containing thousands of items.
• Implementation and customization of open source Content Management Systems such as; Joomla, WordPress, ZenCart.
• Maintained project collaboration and communication with offshore programmers and developers in Russia and India.
• Search engine optimization and keyword management for clients.
• MySQL database set up and management with phpMyAdmin for open source web based applications and technologies.
• Implementation and strategy with social networking technologies including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Developed logos and identities for a wide variety of clients in diverse markets such as; technology, restaurants, real estate, retail and sports and recreation.
• Designed and produced corporate printed collateral materials, direct mail, tradeshow booth exhibits, packaging, Web sites and advertisements. Partial project list: Toro, RSC, Agrium and Simplot.
• Email blast, newsletter, landing page design. Responsible for developing driving principles of eMarketing.
• Brand development and strategy - design of new brand identities, including logos, business cards, letterhead.
• File preparation for print production and responsible for overseeing final proofing and press checks on print runs.
• Worked directly with clients to ensure vision and messaging were implemented to specifications and corporate guidelines.
• Prepared client presentation materials including design comps & packaging for sales, marketing and ad campaign pitches
• Responsible for staying current with design and internet technology trends.
• Illustration of graphics, icons and character design for use within printed collateral, online or across multiple media.
• Led the direction, task distribution and management of various freelance contractors.
• Created concepts, ideas and content for advertising campaigns consisting of both print and online media.
• Led team that designed a multi function online business management application and eCommerce product warehouse.
• Designed interfaces for online product warehouse, auction tool, web site builders, online banking.
• Designed corporate logo and company wide identity systems including letterhead, business cards, tradeshow materials
• Managed design team workload and served as contact person with offshore developers in Russia.
• Responsible for a variety of print materials including magazine ads, business cards and tradeshow graphics.
• Designed and developed client Web sites from concept through completion and evaluation.
• Developed information architecture with wire frame layouts, site maps and process flow diagrams.
• Managed junior staff and project teams consisting of junior designers, programmers and copywriters.
• Designed identities and brands for internal and external clients.
• Assisted in sales and marketing efforts by producing spec work for potential clients.
• Designed, developed and programmed online features, contests and reviews for the Borders.com Web site.
• Developed national branding solutions for interactive newsletters and print materials for all Borders stores.
• Collaborated with diverse internal departments including marketing and editorial groups to produce concise
content and site architecture.
• Collaborated with designers and programmers to produce in-store inventory searching kiosk name “Title Sleuth”.
• Designed and developed Web sites and Intranets for Fortune 500 companies including Cadillac, Buick, Merrill Lynch, Masco, Mitsubishi and Delta Faucets.
• Managed and maintained multiple client Web sites including design, development and content population.
• Responsible for quality assurance and browser testing for client projects
• One of four founding principles of the company.
• Helped grow business from a small Web design boutique of four employees to an ISP with more than 2500 customers and eleven employees.
• Led the design and art direction of all internal corporate and external client Web sites.
• Participated in marketing, sales and strategy meetings effecting corporate goals and direction.
• Responsible for 5 cartoons per week plus additional illustrations for articles and opinion pieces for the award winning student newspaper at Michigan State University with a circulation of thirty thousand.
• Member of the Editorial Board