EDUCATION -Professional :
PG - Apparel Design and Merchandising from National Institute of Design - Ahmedabad (2006-2008)
UG - Fashion Design and Information Technology from National Institute of Fashion Technology - Kolkata( 2001-2005)
CORE PROFESSIONAL INTEREST:
--To be a part of an innovative and multi-disciplinary new product and concept development team
-- Smart apparel and wearable electronics design
-- Sports apparel and accessories design
- National Institute of Design, India
National Institute of fashion Technology
- CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Won the 1st prize as a member of the Dhama Innovations team at India Innovation Pioneers Challenge (IIPC), Champions
of Champions category (18th September 2008): This was a technology competition, organized by Department of Science and Technology (DST), in partnership with Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and Intel.
- Was shortlisted as a finalist representing ‘Dhama Innovations’ at IBTEC 18th -20th November 2008, University of California Berkeley, USA
- International Awards for the technology and products developed at Dhama Innovations
• ‘Innovator of the Year 2010’ by Massachusetts Institute of Technology published Technology Review Magazine.
• Recognized as ‘Top 100 Most Promising Technology Companies’ in Asia and ‘Top 200 Most Promising Technology Companies’
on the Globe by Red Herring, 2009.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT :
- Won the ‘Pride of NID’ award in 2008 at 28th Convocation ceremony of National Institute of Design.
- Nominated as India’s top three for ‘The Student Designer of the Year 2008’ category at the ‘Apex Award ‘08’organized by CMAI (Clothing Manufacturing Association of India), held on 9th July 2008 in Mumbai.
- Won NIFT award for ‘Most Creative Collection’ in 2005 at Final Graduation Show at NIFT Kolkata.