- + Follow
Rafael Fernando daSilva
Assistant Footwear Designer at Adidas
São Paulo, Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
Design socioeconomic function, relationship with the environment, human necessities (physiological or emotional) and services are topics that I´m constantly researching inside design thinking. Innovation and evolution are virtues that I nourish as a designer and with whom I live in this creation universe.
To assist the footwear design development mainly for the Brazilian and Argentine Markets,
operating/collaborating with the Product Team, Marketing and Global Design Teams.
- Colors and Materials for seasonal LAM products.
- Adapt/co-create new silhouettes for local production / To design new products for the LAM region with human (consumer) focus.
- Trends and Market Research w/ focus on the local culture.
Sandals and Shoes - being part of the team responsible for the product development of brands (Rider, Cartago, Mormaii, Bad Boy) in internal (Brazil) and external markets (South/North America and Europe).
- Crossing consumer market research aspects, fashion and social tendencies, comunication possibilities and brand values to bring to life new products according each project.
- Development of case to case methodological tools for data analyses and storytelling to make consistent the content of the data acquired with each brand and product position on the market (according business dpt expectations and strategies) + to assure a strong direction during development stages.
- Alignment of the internal (inhouse values of the company/expectations) with the external (consumer and market needs/expectations) through design and strategic thinking.
- Search for new technologies and materials - in association with the innovation dpt. and/or the supplyment dpt. - to be applied according market opportunities and development (evolution, innovation) necessities.
- Conduct tests and the product development final stages with the production line team leaders to align expectations on both sides + to guarantee the best final quality possible of the product.
Action sports shoes and Sneakers.
- Development of new concepts of products in a team, with the main objective to push the brand on new desired directions. As results, a complete collection with a broad portfolio diversity (in price and language) that achieved brand evolution and market + consumers necessities.
- To establish a direct relationship with the suppliers and production sectors (also third-party).
- To control the quality of the samples and final production products.
- Participation in the development of new marketing strategies for the products.
- Responsible for the direction (in direct contact with the heads of the brand) of some of the image/communication channels such as video commercials, presentations, portfolio and brand announces on magazines and internet.
Interaction design & post productions for digital platforms.
- Part of the core team of Unit9 Brazil in order to help the establishment of a new office in Florianópolis - South.
- Responsible for the inhouse 3D/animation dpt, as well the direction and evaluation of freelance work on these areas.
- Creating new user experiences, oriented by creative heads from agencies as LBI and F/Nazca, with programmers support.
- Working across multiple platforms with a huge diversity of people from all over the world with different experiences.
Animation and post production for different media types: TV, internet, mobile.
Development of interactive medias, digital illustrations and real time simulations for companies such as Deutsche Telekom and ENBW.
Internship - Development of different types of products, most for small / medium scale production, specially furniture (indoor, outdoor, hospital).
User Centered Design, Creativity Processes, Service Design and Business Models.