- + Follow
Design Review Intern
Design is a means toward accomplishing the end goals of serving markets and generating profits. Furthermore, design is an element in social responsibility. Good design allows “form to complement performance.” The way things look is not irrelevant to the way things work: how they work is how they should look.
-Thomas F. Schutte-
San Francisco Loft
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Bachelors of Art, Interior Design and Architecture Anticipated: June 2012
University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
Associate Degree in Visual Arts June 2010
Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA
DESIGN REVIEW INTERN – City of Sacramento, Community Development and Planning Division Aug. 2011-Present
• Exposure to residential / commercial project review in Government environment, architectural review of project sites, site visits.
• Interaction and coordination with architects, planners, designers, contractors, applicants and other city departments, such as Building Permit Department and Code Enforcement.
• Floor plan check, elevations and construction drawings revision, development of Conditions of Approval for proposed projects.
• Collaboration with the Design Review staff to determine the best design solutions for proposed projects, in order to assure that the visual harmony and safety of the environments in the city of Sacramento are enhanced.
DESIGN MENTOR – Design Department, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA Sept.-Dec. 2011
• Helped incoming design students with different design problems, solutions.
• Mediation and facilitation of design student group discussions.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN - Oradea, Romania July.- Aug. 2011
• Flyers, diplomas and advertisement design for soccer, chess, and tennis competitions.
• Video editing and photo albums creation for participants at the competitions.
UC DAVIS AGGIE REUSE STORE, DESIGNER – University of California, Davis, Davis, CA May - June 2011
• Space planning, store color scheme, store layout, furniture
• Hand sketches, CAD drawings, 3D scale model, flyers, logo and graphic identity.
FINANCIAL AID OFFICE STUDENT ASSISTANT III – Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA Aug. 2007 - June 2010
• Helped students at the front counter, answered phones, scheduled appointments for the program specialists, advisors and director.
• Other duties: data entry (Microsoft Word Document, Excel Spreadsheets?, PowerPoint), filing, mailing, training and supervision of newly hired student assistants, participation in outreach programs
• Member of the Process Committee – Designed grant, scholarship, loan forms and applications.
TECHNICAL / FIELD SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Architectural and construction drawings (Floor plans, elevations, perspectives, sections), 3D Models, spec pages, DD and CD sets, shop drawings, hand and computer drawings, renderings.
• Space planning, lighting, furniture layout, logos, functional and package design.
• Proficient in: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, Autodesk 3DxMax, Microsoft Office, Accela Government Database.
• Collaborative / Independent work, knowledge of principals and elements of interior design / architecture, sustainable design.
• Creative / Critical thinking skills, development of design concepts, client presentation / evaluation / revision of problems, solutions.
Golf table published in the American Craft Magazine March 2012
UC Davis Community Service Award 2011-2012 May 2012
Dean’s Honor List: Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Winter 2012
$1500 Farm Home Department Home Economics 8 UC Davis September 2011
Best-ranked International Student Scholarship - Cabrillo College March 2009, 2010
Strong work ethic, self-motivated, ability to work within constraints, high energy level, willingness to assume responsibility, conflict mediation ability, dedication, training and supervision of others, easily adaptable to new cultures/places/situations, good leadership and communication skills.
University of Central Lancashire
University of California at Davis
UC Davis Community Service Award 2011-2012 ...
show more »