I am a graduate of Salisbury University (Go Gulls), with a BFA in graphic design. In my free time I enjoy using my design skills to create original projects in my favorite medium, stained glass. I am currently employed as the Marketing Director/Graphic Designer for a food and restaurant equipment distributor in Maryland.
Randie L. Hovatter
Graphic Designer, Marketing Director
Available on LinkedIn
Marketing & Art Director
Euro Gourmet, Marra Forni - Beltsville, MD
Oct. 2011 - Present
• Perform all graphic design and marketing tasks: event planning, design of promotional materials, social media management, weekly “e-blasts,” product photography and website administration.
• Revise and update all product data sheets and sales brochures for easy reference of clients and regional sales representatives.
• Plan involvement in 5 annual trade shows, including the Las Vegas Pizza Expo and the Chicago National Restaurant Association trade show.
K&L Microwave - Salisbury, MD
Jan. 2010 - Oct. 2011
• Promoted from intern to consultant. Designed trade show booth graphics, website banners, interoffice sales charts and identification badges, as well as illustrations of product functions.
• Redesigned the corporate identification badge system to more clearly demonstrate different
clearance levels and to include K&L’s core values.
• Created graphics for two of K&L Microwave’s (in)famous tote bags, which are widely sought after on a yearly basis at the IEEE-MTTS International Microwave symposium.
•Adobe Creative Suite
•Print and Web Design
•Hand Drawing & Illustration
•Stained Glass Design & Fabrication
• Advertisement (Marra Forni) Scene Boston Magazine Spring 2012: pp54-55.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• CCART Fine Art Scholarship
• Maryland House of Delegates Scholarship
• Cara Alyss Tamosaitis Memorial Award
• Two years of experience as a substitute teacher, eight years in customer service.
• In Progress- Web Design Certification via Prince George’s Community College. Largo, MD
•Graphic Designer - So Others May Eat. Washington DC
•Graphic Designer/ Club Officer - Salisbury University Outdoor Club. Salisbury, MD
•Fundraising Liaison, “Most Team Spirit” Award. 2010 Relay for Life. Salisbury University
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design. Salisbury University. Salisbury, MD.
• Associate of Arts. Wor-Wic Community College. Salisbury, MD.
Attended on full-tuition Board of Trustees academic scholarship.