- + Follow
Graphic Designer/ Stained Glass Artist
I am a graduate of Salisbury University, with a BFA in graphic design. In my free time I enjoy using my design skills to create original projects in my favorite medium, stained glass. I am currently employed as a Graphic Designer and Project Management Specialist for the University of Maryland system.
Graphic Design (Client Work)
Graphic Design (Student Work)
Randie L. Hovatter
Available on LinkedIn
Project Management Specialist
University System of Maryland - Rockville, MD
July 2013 - Present
• Perform graphic design and marketing relevant tasks, including the design of promotional materials, organization of digital assets, and event photography.
• Promote the Universities at Shady Grove as a state of the art educational facility that provides access to degree programs from 9 different Maryland universities on one campus.
Marketing & Art Director
Euro Gourmet, Marra Forni - Beltsville, MD
Oct. 2011 - June 2013
• Perform all graphic design and marketing tasks: event planning, design of promotional materials, social media management, weekly “e-blasts,” product photography and website administration.
• Revise and update all product data sheets and sales brochures for easy reference of clients and regional sales representatives.
• Plan involvement in 5 annual trade shows, including the Las Vegas Pizza Expo and the Chicago National Restaurant Association trade show.
K&L Microwave - Salisbury, MD
Jan. 2010 - Oct. 2011
• Promoted from intern to consultant. Designed trade show booth graphics, website banners, interoffice sales charts and identification badges, as well as illustrations of product functions.
• Redesigned the corporate identification badge system to more clearly demonstrate different
clearance levels and to include K&L’s core values.
• Created graphics for two of K&L Microwave’s (in)famous tote bags, which are widely sought after on a yearly basis at the IEEE-MTTS International Microwave symposium.
•Adobe Creative Suite
•Print and Web Design
•Hand Drawing & Illustration
•Stained Glass Design & Fabrication
• Advertisement (Marra Forni) Scene Boston Magazine Spring 2012: pp54-55.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• CCART Fine Art Scholarship
• Maryland House of Delegates Scholarship
• Cara Alyss Tamosaitis Memorial Award
• Two years of experience as a substitute teacher, eight years in customer service.
• In Progress- Web Design Certification via Prince George’s Community College. Largo, MD
•Graphic Designer - So Others May Eat. Washington DC
•Graphic Designer/ Club Officer - Salisbury University Outdoor Club. Salisbury, MD
•Fundraising Liaison, “Most Team Spirit” Award. 2010 Relay for Life. Salisbury University
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design. Salisbury University. Salisbury, MD.
• Associate of Arts. Wor-Wic Community College. Salisbury, MD.
Attended on full-tuition Board of Trustees academic scholarship.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts- Graphic Design
- 2008 - 2010
-2010 "Most Team Spirit" Award- Relay for Life
-Wor-Wic Board of Trustees Scholarship
-Maryland House of Delegates Scholarship
-Cara Alyss Tamosaitis Memorial Scholarship
-Two years of training/experience as a substitute teacher.
-Eight years of experience in customer service.