- + Follow
Industrial Designer at Samson Design Associates
Hi, I'm a multi-disciplinary Japanese designer. My experience covers a breadth of projects, including medical, laboratory, consumer, UX, and commercial. I love design because it's a creative process that solves real and practical needs that can make a definite impact in this world. I believe design applies the arts together with science and technology to create great experiences for the end user. I grew up in Japan, and am fluent in Japanese and English Personally, living in the beautiful state of Colorado, I love exploring the outdoors. I spend much of my available time studying history, culture and anthropology, and the arts. I find joy in meeting new people; if you're in CO or would like to get in touch, please drop me a line whenever!
Pharmaceutical Lock Bottle
Riviére Coffee Table
Rotorcraft Cockpit Layout
• I took part in realizing a variety of products and successfully bringing them to market for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to startups.
• Designed and developed pharmaceutical lock bottle that became the backbone for two product companies.
• Designed game-changing self-serving fueling station.
• Redesigned Samson Design’s website from the ground up. Next to word-of-mouth marketing, the website became the primary source for clients and new contracts.
Designed cockpit instrument layout for their next generation gyroplane, including sketches, concept renders, and full-scale appearance model.
Planning events, designing posters for meetings, marketing material. Grew club from 8 to about 35 regular attendees.
Worked with clients such as Chevron and Apache CNG to develop concepts and art direction for infographics. Presented concepts to clients through sketches and illustrations.
• Helped kickoff an environmental responsibility program at Chevron through infographics and visual story-telling.
• Learned how lighting can affect the user experience and emotion in significant ways as I worked with Japan’s top architectural lighting designers.
• Created easy-to-read fixture installation instruction drawing for contractors constructing Tokyo American Club’s new building.
• Redesigned company identity: new website and print materials.
• Translated materials between Japanese and English.
Mechanical Engineering Technology emphasis