Highly experienced Apparel Designer with a contemporary taste level and a clear understanding of practical fashion and innovation. Known for generating unique styles and market right garments for Women and Kids. Astute knowledge of women’s clothing lines as well as various computerized fashion design programs. Reputation for meeting all pre-production deadlines.
AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
• Trend Research / Forecasting
• Color Direction
• Fabric Direction
• Product Development
• Line Development
• Illustration / Artwork / Embellishments
• Surface Ornamentation / Embroidery Designs
• Tech pack Specifications
• Presentation Boards
• Pattern Making
• Garment Construction
• Garment Fit evaluation
• Problems solving (Technical Issues)
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS ( 7 YRS )
Senior Manager – Designing
CBazaar.in – Net Avenue Technologies Pvt Ltd, Chennai. (August 2012 to Till Date)
Have to manage the whole design team and plan the work flow. Have to give brief regarding the seasonal collections and approve the same for execution. Attend technical issues in fits and measurements.
Assistant Manager – Designing
Roverco Apparel Company– Rattha Group, Chennai. (Dec 2011 to July 2012)
Have to give briefs and directions to the designers for concepts, shapes, colors and prints with reference to buyer’s trend book. Develop seasonal collections for European buyers (M&S, Next, F&F, Joe fresh, TU, Fatface). Have to plan and execute the proto samples for the tech pack styles within deadline. Have to do the layouts of visual merchandising for buyer meetings based on their stories and trends. Trend partner: Fashionsnoops.com.
• Received bulk orders for women’s camisole collection.
• Got appreciation and orders for the Heavy embroidered maxi dress as it was selected by more than 2 buyers.
• Got orders for the sun dresses and T shape tops from my SS12 colllection.
Freelance Designer (July 2011 to Nov 2011)
• Freelance Designer (Kids wear) - Edisson Clothing Inc, Tirupur.
• Freelance Designer (Women’s lounge wear) - “Maybell”, Chennai.
• Freelance Designer (Women’s casual wear) – Srinidhi Fabrics, Erode.
Senior Fashion Designer
Opus Fashions Pvt. Ltd, Chennai (May 2007 to Feb 2011)
Conceptualized the women’s / Kid’s Lounge wear and casual wear. Categorized the Lounge wear according to the market drive. Introduced a new category of Novelty tops for Women who are working and engaged in various activities. Involved in various departments related to design like Sourcing, Embroidery and Production to streamline the process. Introduced new methods and strategies for working in all areas including design.
• Developed well defined product categories for the brand “Maybell”.
• Delivered hit designs constantly which will be 80% in each collection.
• Exhausted the stock fabrics, end bits and side wastes into valuable products.
• SOPs (Standard Operating Parameters) for departments related to Design.
• Revamped the brand look for Lounge wear in the market.
• Involved in creating Rule Book for the company.
• Standardized the patterns for all products of the brand.
• Created the format for Fast moving styles report to track the design performances.
Designer – Women’s casual wear
Aaditya Designs, Chennai (Sep 2006 to March 2007)
Designed women’s ethnic and Semi-formal tops for the private brand. Developed designs according to the customer’s need after analyzing the market trends. Handled all kind of woven fabrics of different qualities.
• Market trend analyzing and Forecasting report for the women’s line.
• Had set-up two different lines of women’s wear successfully for the brand.
Megha Apparels India Pvt Ltd, Tirupur (July 2005 to August 2006)
Developed a range of Kids wear (Girls: 4-12 yrs) and Women’s Casual wear for “Lasenza girl” UK. Managed pattern making and sampling follow ups. Involved in inventing new printing and embroidery techniques.
• A successful collection for Kids casual wear “Daisy” which got around 5000 – 10000 pieces/design orders from the buyers.
• “Fantasy” – Women’s casual wear collection which involves different kinds of print techniques also bought huge orders.
• Exhausted the stock lot fabrics by using it innovatively as a collection.
• Designed a range of Casual Trousers for Men for the brand “Tag” - Krish Clothing, Chennai.
• A project on standardizing the measurements for Indian babies garments.
B.Sc. [Family and Community Science / Fashion Designing (with 3 Fashion Illustration papers)], May 2005 from Avinashilingam Deemed University, Coimbatore with 81.8%
H.S.C., March 2002 from Tamilnadu State Board with 85.41%
S.S.L.C., March 2000 from Tamilnadu State Board with 83.2
University Rank holder in B.Sc., Fashion Designing.
MS Office 2003, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Illustrator CS3, Corel Draw X4, Macromedia Flash MX. System Administration.
LANGUAGES KNOWN - Tamil and English
Badminton (Shuttle cork) District Player.
Discus and Javelin throw (Athletics) Zonal Player.