I am an all around versatile designer that has a passion for all things design. I have trained my self to not only simply think out side the box, but below it, above it, around it, and through it.
Design in life, live life, live design.
• Autodesk SketchBook Pro
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Powerpoint
• Microsoft Excel
• mechanical drawing
• model making
• rapid prototyping
• understanding of shop equipment/tool use
Nocturnal Rooster Design
January 2013 - Present
• As the design director and owner, I have established a multidisciplinary design studio that has a focus on product design, as well as a strong background in graphic design, machine design, and mold design. Having close working relationships with various local businesses that cater to our design disciplines, we ensure that our client's projects are all managed under one roof.
The Armour Group
April 2012 - December 2012
• As a design engineer, I designed and developed armor kits for various production vehicles, as well as custom armored vehicles for military and law enforcement use based on commercial off the shelf chassis. Projects would involve complete tear down of vehicles in order to analyze construction, obtain precise measurements, and ensure integration of transparent and opaque armor had an OEM fit and finish.
July 2010 - April 2012
• As the engineering manager, I oversaw all day to day engineering activities relating to the production of precision injection molded plastic components for various clients from diverse industries. reviewing client designs to determine manufacturability, designing fixtures and manufacturing aids, CNC programming, mold design, writing work instructions, managing document control, and up-keeping the quality system are all typical duties I performed. In mid-2011, I played a key role in establishing a quality system that met ISO standards, leading to the facility becoming ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Goode Consulting International
December 2007 - July 2010
• As a consultant, I worked on site at Boston Scientific supporting various areas throughout the facility,with projects ranging from designing machines and fixtures used for the manufacturing of specialty medical devices, to updating tool and product drawings. I also became familiar with working in a facility that operates under strict ISO 13485:2003 quality standards, as well as good documentation practices and CAD file management via a corporate product data management software.
Urbanus Furniture, Miami, FL
June 2005 - August 2007
• As a furniture designer, I conceptualized and developed fine furnishings and home accessories for various national retailers (Crate & Barrel, Room & Board, Ethan Allen, Storehouse), contract, and custom applications. My key responsibilities included generating detailed technical drawings for prototyping and manufacturing, creating visual presentations for client meetings, as well as managing respective work to be distributed among internal design team and several vendors based upon vendor-specific capabilities. I succeeded in developing cost effective and time saving manufacturing methods by working alongside in-house production team and vendors. I also reviewed prototypes and ensured that our quality standards were met, and that products were within cost targets set forth by clients.
The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design
• Graduated Magna Cum Laude