- + Follow
RG Dezyns- Industrial Designer / Creative...
RG Dezyns - All that i wish is u....
Industrial Designer / Creative Surface Designer / A-Class Surfacing
Exterior styling of Premium Hatchback Car for Indian market
NISSAN CAR DESIGN COMPETITION-2009
GT Coupe Concept
.Working for Italdesign Giugiaro, Torino, italy as Creative Surface Designer -2012
.Worked for General Motors India Design Studio (2010-2012) as Surface Designer (2 years)
.Worked in Butterfly Home Appliance, Chennai as a Product Designer (1 Year)
1: Redesign of LED Lamp, Bangalore, India.
2: Pet Bed for MAX-MIRANI, NEW YORK , US.
3: Crush Bag for MAX-MIRANI, NEW YORK, US
4. Bottle design for Packaged Drinking Water for Real Group, Goa, India.
5. ATV design
6. Furniture Design
7. Worked On Scan to Surface (Class-A surface -Alias)
8: Concept Modeling in Alias
9: Prototype Making
To work in a challenging and competitive environment by fostering my creativity, with constant learning and improving process so as to be an asset to the organization by learning every aspect of Design Process.
Engineering Applications: Alias, Photo Shop, Corel Draw,
UG NX-5, Catia V5, Hyper-Shot, Ansys, Auto-CAD
• M.Sc [Engineering] [Product Design] in  at M.S. Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, Karnataka Affiliated to Coventry University, UK
• B.E in Production Engineering  from K.I.T Collage of Engineering, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering  with 64 % from K.H.K Institute of Engg. Dharwad, Karnataka
• Was awarded as one of the top 10 finalists by Shiro NAKAMURA (Senior Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, Design, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd) for National Level Car Design Competition held by NISSAN in IIT Delhi- 2009
• Was awarded as most promising student of the year by Pankaj Jhunja, General Manager Renault Design India, in Ankur Exhibition held in M.S Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore-2007
• One of the Top 10 finalist out of 200 students in a design competition in Catia/UG held in K.I.T Collage of Engineering- 2005
PROJECT 1: M.Sc. project Details
Project Name: Exterior Styling of Premium Hatchback Car for Indian Market
Engineering Applications: Alias, Hyper-shot
Office Applications: Photoshop CS2, CorelDraw
Description: Aim of this project is Exterior Styling of Premium Hatchback Car for Indian Market with emphasis on Sporty Looks. This is to understand the aspiration of young buyers from a Premium Hatchback car from an aesthetic point of view and conceptualizing them into design. As per recent trends there is a growing demand among customer’s for sporty, progressive, and sophisticated vehicles, the demand for hatchback car’s is growing which is driven more by young buyer’s, who are ready to spend more for premium styled hatch. Most dissatisfied by their look of car are also opting for modification which is costly affair. So this project is intended to cater to this dissatisfied young people and higher middle class and above people.
As part of the project, the following activities were undertaken:
• Product context and market study for Hatchback and Premium Hatchback cars
• Literature review based on the data collected from product context and market study
• Analysis of data received from the questionnaire made for collecting the customer voices(VOC)
• Concept generation considering young buyer’s aspiration from a premium hatchback car and the analysis made from QFD and PDS
• Preparation of the Digital 3D models with emphasis on A-class Surface of all the concept
• Creation of scaled model of final concept
PROJECT 2: BE project Details
Project Name: Die Design, Manufacturing And Process Optimization For GDC Casting
Sponsored by: Sharda Tool Room
Technology: Engineering Applications CAD/CAM (UG NX-3)
Description: We utilized CAD/CAM (UG NX-3) in our project for development of Die design, manufacturing and process optimization for GDC casting of Drive end bracket. The project was sponsored by a local company Sharda Tool Room which provides CAD/CAM solutions for different reputed companies. This project has enlightened my knowledge in Design and manufacturing specially in Die design and advanced foundry processes.
PROJECT 3: Diploma project Details
Project Name: Designing and Manufacturing of Sand Ramming Machine
Description: The project was intended for Redesign and Manufacture the sand rammer which is used for preparing test specimen for universal sand strength tester to test the compression and tensile strength, for permeability testing and to test the compact-ability of molding sand. So the major task was to manufacture machine at less cost thereby improving the design and reducing manufacturing cost.
Name of Company: Kalyani Carpenter Special Steel Ltd, Pune, Maharashtra
Description: It was an excellent opportunity for me to get familiarize with each and every department from management level to design department and different work shop. There I acquired valuable knowledge from management skill to different processes involved in forging shop and the automation done in different shop from material handling to packaging.
Name of Company: Varada Engineers, Hadapsar, Pune, Maharastra
Description: Worked as Trainee Engg in Special Purpose Machine shop of food processing division. Varada Engineers specializes in design and development of fruit and food processing equipments, example the Automatic cutting and grading machine used for mass production of mango pickle, Automatic tomato sauce maker etc, and these machine are custom build as per customer specification. This experience of mine helped me understand the design Methodology which went into while designing special purpose machine as per customer request. The different knowledge which went into while designing from scratch, like from the conceptual stage to Prototype Development and the Reverse Engineering method, proved to be very helpful in my career, and boasted my decision to take up M.Sc [Engineering] [Product Design] and my interest in industrial design.
Area of Interest:
Product Design and Development, Automotive styling both exterior and interior (IP), Sculpting, CFD Analysis, Class A Surfacing, DFMA, Reverse Engineering
Alternate Email-ID: email@example.com
M.S Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Bangalore