COROFLOT houses many amazing artists. So I thank you for visiting my portfolio. If you would like to contact me for work, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
I am a graphic designer/artist with over 12 years of experience in magazine layout design. In addition, I have 2 years of experience in web design. I enjoy researching and studying design trends, as well as getting inspirations from classic designs. It is my desire to develop long term working relationships with companies and other designers.
PLATFORM: MAC OS and WINDOWS
• Magazine Layout Design using InDesign and Quark XPress
• Graphic Design using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Advertisement Design using InDesign and Photoshop
• Typography using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Watercolor and Pencil Illustration
• Motivated and highly organized
• Enthusiastic team player with good work ethics
• Creative Thinker
• Idea generator
• Presentation - presenting design solutions
• Development - improvement of an established design
2013-Present, Freelance Graphic Designer
Radio Spirits, Cedar Grove, NJ
Radio Spirits is the leading publisher and marketer of "old time" radio programs.
• Design CD covers and CD labels.
2013-Present, Freelance Artist
Museum Editions, LTD, New Rochelle, NY
Museum Editions LTD is the publishing company for the artist Charles Fazzino, known worldwide for his 3-D artwork of popular culture.
• Assist in painting and illustrating of 3-D artwork.
2011-Present, Freelance Graphic Designer
DiBella Entertainment, New York, NY
DiBella Entertainment is a boxing promotion firm.
• Worked with publisher on designing four boxing programs distributed at boxing events held at Atlantic City and Madison Square Garden.
• Designed entire progam books from cover to cover, including some advertisements.
• Was responsible for completing program books and sending high resolution pdf files to printer via FTP.
2012-Present, Freelance Graphic Designer
The Wine Enthusiast, Mt. Kisco, NY
The Wine Enthusiast is a lifestyle magazine covering wine, food, spirits, travel and entertaining topics.
• Work directly with Design Director on designing special issues.
• Design department and feature pages using established templates.
• Responsible for completing all assigned pages and sending high resolution pdf files to Design Director by way of FTP and email for final approval.
• Helped launched their digital Mandarin Edition to be distributed in China; worked with translated text; redesigned pages.
• Work in-house and off-site.
2011-2013, Freelance Graphic Designer
THE BIDSPOT.COM, Lenexa, Kansas
The Bidspot is an online entertainment auction website.
• Work with executives on and creating promotional banners, email ads and various print materials.
• Design ads for holiday promotions.
• Work with publishers and web developers on copy editing and design specifications.
• Convert all Photoshop documents to high resolution jpg and png files.
• Responsible for sending high resolution pdf files to web developers via FTP and email.
2000-2011, Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
MULTI-MEDIA INTERNATIONAL LLC, Tinton Falls, NJ
MMI is a magazine publishing company that produced national lifestyle and entertainment magazines.
• Sole Designer for 101 Hairstyles, Celebrity Shortcuts, Blast, and Liquid (Black Fashion) magazines; created templates from concept; was responsible for managing all facets of the design process.
• Helped launched several up and coming magazines (Country Living and Teen Celebrity. Liquid Black Fashion); worked with publishers and editors on design and content; responsible for managing all facets of the design process.
• Sole Designer of various special edition hairstyle, sports, teen and movie magazines; designed all pages from cover to cover.
• Problem solved design problems in a demanding environment.
• Was responsible for completing multiple monthly magazines; successfully met all deadlines.
• Worked with editors on copy editing, content and design.
• Designed corporate identities.
• Sent files to the printer via FTP, Dropbox, and email.
1997-2000, Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director
STARLOG ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, New York, NY
Starlog Entertainment Group was a magazine publishing company that produced the popular Starlog and Fangoria magazines.
• Lead Graphic Designer for Starlog and Fangoria magazines; Associate Art Director of Black Elegance and Belle Black Fashion magazines.
• Designed special issues and official movie magazines.
• Designed department and feature pages.
• Worked with editors on copy editing.
• Color corrected photos.
• Sent all completed and approved files to the printer.
• Worked with Marketing Director on designing promotional and advertising ads.
• Worked rigorously in a highly competitve environment.
• Successfully met all deadlines.
1993-1997, Art Director
COMMUNITY PUBLICATIONS OF AMERICA, New York, NY
CPA was a bartering company that produced weekly
publications for small start-up businesses.
• Designed ads for small businesses.
• Supervised art staff and gave out assignments, assisting them during production.
• Helped designers find design solutions; worked together with art staff to get multiple publications out on time on a weekly basis.
• Problem solved design problems.
• Worked with clients on ad copy and design.
• Designed promotional ads, brochures and corporate identities.
• Compiled all ads into pages using Quark XPress.
• Responsible for sending all files to the printer.
1991-1993, Founding Art Director
THE REAL ESTATE NEWS, Brooklyn, New York
Real Estate News was a local monthly trade tabloid that focused on landlord/tenant issues and the local real estate market.
• Conceptualized logo, masthead, layout templates and contents.
• Designed newspaper from cover to cover, including ads.
• Cartoonist for newspaper’s monthly comic strip.
• Freelance photographer — took photos of landmark buildings of Brooklyn and Manhattan.
• Responsible for managing all facets of the design process.
• Troubleshooted Macintosh computer problems.
• Responsible for sending all files to the printer.
WEB DESIGN EXPERIENCE
• Utilize Google Adsense and Affiliated Programs to monetize websites.
• Utilize Google Webmaster Tools for Search Engine Optimization.
• Implement social media to gain audience, drive traffic and announce newly updated contents.
• Maintain and update websites on a regular basis.
2011-Present, Web Designer and Web Master for the following websites:
www.microcolorprint.com - Micro Color Print is a printing service that produces imprinted promotional products.
www.leadersacademynj.com - Leaders Academy is a New Jersey based after-school program that offers high school and college preparation courses.
www.feichenphotography.com - Fei Chen is a NYC based photographer who specializes in cityscapes.
www.spaceconsider.com - Space Consider is my own personal website.
www.jingmag.com - Jing Magazine is an Asian American information website created using a Wordpress theme.
www.doublejoyclub.com - Double Joy Club is a Chinese American matchmaking service of the New York Tri-State area.
www.paramounticf.com - Paramount ICF is a personal website for a construction contractor who lives in West Virginia.
TRADITIONAL ART SKILLS
• Oil, Acrylic and Watercolor Painting
• Realism and Abstract
1986-1989, STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT STONY BROOK
Liberal Studies: Fine Arts, Creative Writing and Computer Science.
Activity: Art Director and Production Manager for the bi-weekly campus newspaper.
1985, NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, OLD WESTBURY, NY
Design Graphics: specialized in 2-D poster design and typography.
Activity: Political Science Internship in Albany, New York.
2011-2012, BERGEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE, PARAMUS, NJ
Available upon request.