- + Follow
Software Engineer/Web Developer/J2EE Developer
I am a Software Engineer and have recently graduated with a Masters in Computer Science from SVNIT, Surat, India. I enjoy software development in general and web-development in particular.
I also enjoy teaching. I have taught courses on Advanced Java, PHP and Unix Programming at a college in Jamnagar, India which offered professional courses in Computer Applications. I enjoy learning new things. I get bored quickly and need to keep learning something new to remain motivated. I am currently attending a pretty challenging course on Cryptography at the University of Texas at Austin.
I am a quiet person and spend most of my time updating my skills or sometimes reading. I am currently reading a book 'The Grand Design' by Stephen Hawking. I am also looking for challenging opportunities in industry in the field of software development. I am open to volunteering temporarily if I get to learn some new technology.
M. Tech Thesis (2011-2012)
Web Enabled Contract Management System (2006)
Online Resume Builder (2005)
3500 GREYSTONE DR, APT#212, AUSTIN, TX, 78731 | 5107794034 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Engineer/J2EE Developer/Web Developer
Masters in Computer Science with 4 years of teaching experience in Java, Advanced Java (J2EE) and PHP, 2 years of programming experience and expertise in Java Servlets, JSP, JDBC and web development using LAMP.
• Coding (Desktop / Web based applications)
• System Analysis
• Database Design
Languages: C, C++, Java, Java Servlets, JSP, JDBC (Java Database Connectivity), Java RMI (Remote Method Invocation) , J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition), PHP, Python, Assembly languages, UNIX shell scripts.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS Access
IDE: Net Beans, Eclipse, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Microsoft Visual Basic Studio
Certification: Sun Certified Java Professional SCJP 1.4 (2008)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (4 YEARS)
Shrimati CZM Gosrani BCA College, Jamnagar
Lecturer: Computers and Software 2006 – 2010
Courses taught: Advanced Java (J2EE), System Analysis and Design, PHP, Unix Programming and Computer Graphics
Worked as an under-graduate project coordinator for two years. The responsibilities included guiding and evaluating student’s projects implemented in J2EE, JAVA and PHP and reviewing project documentation.
Presently auditing courses at University of Texas at Austin: 2012 (Fall)
a. Dependable Computing Systems
Also working on Udacity (www.udacity.com) courses on Search Engines and Software Testing
M.Tech in Computer Science 2012
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, India CGPA 9.83/10
Thesis: Investigating Multi-Authority Attribute based Encryption with Revocation (1 Publication)
B.E. in Computer Engineering 2006
South Gujarat University, India Distinction
Worked in the field of Identity and Attribute Based Cryptography as a part of M.Tech dissertation.
REPORTS & PUBLICATIONS
1. A survey on Identity and Attribute based Cryptography (2011) - Submitted for consideration to ACM Computing Surveys
2. Investigating Multi-Authority Attribute Based Encryption with Revocation (Thesis Report)
3. Investigating Multi-Authority Attribute Based Encryption with Revocation
(Published – National Workshop on Cryptology 2012 Proceedings, VIT, TamilNadu)
1. Workshop on Unix/Linux at Sarvajanik college of Engineering and Technology (2004)
2. Workshop on Core Java, J2EE, J2ME at Mahila College Rajkot, India (2006)
1. Centralized Admission System (Visual Basic Front-end, Oracle Back-end)
2. Attendance Management System (Visual Basic Front-end, Oracle Back-end)
3. Online Resume Builder (Perl/CGI, ASP, JSP, Servlets, Oracle)
4. Web Enabled Contract Management System (PHP Front-end, MySQL Back-end and Web Server: IIS (Internet Information Services))
5. Optical Character Recognition (C, Linux)
6. Network Simulator (C, Windows XP)
1. Virtual Private Networks (2004)
2. Haptic Technology (2004)
3. VoWLAN – VoIP over Wireless Local Network (2005)
4. Amortized Analysis (2010)
5. A comparison between PKI and IBI (2011)
6. Encryption Based Access Control in Social Network With Efficient Revocation (EASiER) (2011)
1. Dr. Brent Waters: Assistant Professor (University of Texas, Austin, United States): email@example.com
2. Dr. Devesh Jinwala: Professor (Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, India): firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Dr. Mukesh Zaveri : Associate Professor (Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, India): email@example.com
4. Prof. Udai Pratap Rao: Assistant Professor (Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, India): firstname.lastname@example.org
Presently auditing courses on Cryptography and Dependable Computing Systems at University of Texas at Austin- 2012 (Fall).
Also working on Udacity (www.udacity.com) courses on Search Engines and Software Testing.
Gold Medal for highest grade in undergraduate class in Computer Engineering (Institute of Engineers) March 2010