- + Follow
I have moved quickly from being a practicing designer, instructor, coordinator, to researcher, and program coordinator. This means that in an ever changing department my role has naturally adapted as well, and I feel that this ability to adapt and change is my strongest asset.
Linework, black pen
Linework for Xenophya Design
I am a strategic, positive and astute problem solver. I am well networked with a record of strong academic and commercial achievement, combined with significant people, team working and transferable business skills. I specialise in coordination and the relationship design has to good business. I strongly believe that the inclusion of sound design principals into core business strategy is a positive agent for change in any modern organisation.
I am able to recognise business-building opportunities, as well as the ability to develop and implement innovative strategies. I have solid planning and communication skills as well as a great deal of experience in project coordination in cross disciplinary teams.
Present: Owner and Creative director at Ralpine Design.
25.10.2010 - 10.01.2011. Intership: 3D Designer, Cramer + Cramer, Geneva.
• Define concepts, sketch ideation, experimentation and market analysis
• Overseeing R&D through to manufacture
• Operational lead on supplier liaison, inquiries and negotiations
• Excellent understanding of product, systems, service and manufacture.
• CAD modelling and visualisation
• Physical modelling and oral presentations
2004-15.07.2010. Full-time: Program Coordinator, Northumbria University School of Design, Newcastle.
• Six years of coordination of the academic programme
• Involved in the planning, validation and development of the Transportation Design (TD) Programme.
• Management of program budgets.
• Responsible for generating industrial collaboration projects with significant companies such as Bentley, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Land Rover/Jaguar and JCB.
• Broad business skills base through working as an industrial advisor to large and small businesses
• Procurement and coordination of funded research projects.
• Credited design research output working with the NHS which focused on the Hospital Hub System which I designed for efficient patient transfer.
• Management of cross disciplinary program coordination.
• International and national exhibitions, coordination, design, and construction
• New product and brand development adviser for the Berghaus outdoor equipment design team
• Design development advisor for Bajaj, Triumph, and other large industrial design companies
• Specialised in design effectiveness and brand advertising as well as contemporary influenced on business through design
• Specialist in the provision of manual and digital media training as well as 3D modelling
2003. Internship 2 months: Junior Designer, Toyota Design advanced design studio, Tokyo.
• Definition of the brief, primary research activities, conceptual design development, project framing/resolution
• Sketch/rendering development, tape drawing, clay modelling
• Development of “MRS revolution” and “Shadow” automotive products for Toyota Design.
• High level presentations to Toyota board to secure the project for the design team.
• Development of appropriate presentation materials at upper management level including models and large format 2D presentations.
• Permanent job offer made (declined to work for Northumbria University)
1995-1999. Temporary summer work: Production Assistant, Campbell Scientific, Shepshed.
• Designing exhibition demonstrator rigs, construction of lightweight fabrications and general workshop management
• PCB stuffing and testing, data logger programming, sensor array potting, construction of data logging equipment
• On-site installation, component testing, sensor array alignment
• Construction of new product test rigs
n of new product test rigs.
• Illustration hand drawn sketching and rendering & Photoshop illustration using Wacom tablet
• CAD/CAM Alias Wavefront, Alias Showcase, Roland 4-axis, Mayka Expert 7.0
• Microsoft Office
• Automotive clay modelling/styling,
• 3D modelling, Milling, Turning, Vac forming, Pattern making
• Automotive tape drawing
• Woodworking and cabinet making
• Set design
• Test-rig development, Jig building
• MIG&TIG Welding
• Light fabrication
• GRP and Polydur mould preparation
English Fluent (Mother tongue), German conversational, French basic.
• Masters: Pforzheim School of Applied Sciences, Transportation Design (First Class attained)
• Degree: Northumbria University, BA (Hons) Transportation Design (First Class attained
• BTEC: Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art and Design (Distinction overall)
• A-Levels: HindLeys Community College (Art, Design, Mathematics & General Studies, all C and above)
• Motor cycling/touring
3D Design Cluster Group Leader
School of Design
Newcastle Upon Tyne
0044 (0)191 227 3347
Professor of Transportation Design
Pforzheim School of Applied sciences
Pforzheim School of Applied Sciences