- + Follow
Handbag, Belt & Accessories Designer
San Diego, CA
I am a Creative, independent, handbag, belt and fashion accessories designer. I have experience with the following categories: men, womens, juniors, both leather and non leather goods. Can build a collection from first sketch through to final production. Design, product development, Flat sketch, pricing, negotiation, collection development, startup consulting, technical specs, materials sourcing, sales, hardware, leather, man-made materials, strong network of suppliers and factories worldwide. Specialize in working with factories in China, Italy and USA.
I am able to turn an idea into a great collection that will sell. I not only can design but i love negotiating with factories and nothing gets past me, i have an eye for detail that other designers dont have. I am in this industry because of my love for making things.
Man Bags "Eco-Friendly" Design by Tara Sauvage
Handbag Design 2012
Sketches of handbags 2012
Handbags, belts, Small leather goods and fashion accessories.
Phone: 206.295.5863 ? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online portfolio: www.coroflot.com/roccodante/portfolio
Sauvage Private Label LLC, Los Angeles and Seattle, WA: 2007 – Present
Sr. Handbag & Accessories designer/product development (freelance)
Freelance Handbag & Accessories Designer. Design handbag and accessories collection for various clients throughout the USA and Canada. Design, sketch, product development, pricing, hardware selection, trend research, technical specs, leather selection, negotiation with factories, sourcing new factories and materials, manage the product development process from first sketch through to final production. Clients include: Nordstrom, JCPenney, Allegro, Conair, BlackRapid, AllieLor Collections, Kettie Handbags, and many more.
Rocco e Dante LLC, Seattle, WA: Creative Director/Entreprenuer 2008 – 2012
• Design, sketch, and source handbags, small leather goods, belts, and fashion accessories for brand Rocco e Dante.
• Manage collections from concept to final prototypes and production.
• Work includes: sketching, technical specs, sourcing, product development, and collection editing and review.
• Travel to Italy and Hong Kong to oversee sample and design process, source new materials, and meet with factories.
• Manage sales reps, attend trade shows, and oversee all business development.
Chelsey Henry Holdings, Seattle, WA: Senior Designer of Travel bags & Accessories 2010 – 2011
• Designed collections of travel and computer bags from first sketch through to final production.
• Responsible for leather and fabric selection, sketches, technical drawings, spec packs, T&A calendar, product development, and following production.
Report Footwear, Bellevue, WA: Sr. Handbag/Accessories Designer 2006 – 2007
• Designed and sketched leather handbags.
• Responsible for collection from initial concept to final sales samples.
• Sketched silhouettes, selected colors, materials, and hardware, made sample requests, reviewed samples, and was responsible for communicating changes with factories in China and Korea.
MaCher (USA) Inc, Venice Beach, CA: Designer/Account Director 2003 – 2006
• Specialized in “Gift with Purchase” and “Purchase with Purchase” for the fashion/beauty/travel industry.
• Accounts included: Michael Stars, Nordstrom, Macy’s, Frankie B., Pure Beauty, Fudge, and others.
• Designed and manufactured promotional items.
• Traveled to China and Hong Kong to meet with suppliers.
• Obtained new clients via cold-calls and networking.
• Responsible for spec and sample development with Chinese factories.
• Responsible for new product development, costing, freehand sketches, and meeting with corporate buyers and marketing teams.
Linea Pelle, Inc, Los Angeles, CA: Belt & Handbag Designer/Account Director 2000 – 2003
• Sketched and designed handbags and belts.
• Responsible for product development, pattern design, and material selection.
• Communicated with overseas factories, made sample requests, inspected new samples.
• Responsible for costing, customer service, and purchase orders.
• Designed marketing materials for the line,
• Traveled for Fashion Week and trade shows, responsible for setup and selling at trade shows.
• Designed for both private label and the house label, Linea Pelle.
• Responsible for corporate sales for both private label and house label.
J & L Footwear, Los Angeles, CA: Associate Footwear Designer 2000 – 2001
• Sketched and designed private label for girls and junior footwear.
• Chose materials, colors, and designed for both categories.
• Responsible for making sample requests.
• Assisted in shoe design from start to finish.
• Responsible for forecasting, pricing, and designing for private label.
• Shopped for trends and samples.
• Designed website.
• Worked all trade shows: MAGIC, FFANY, and WSA.
American Studio Footwear, Beverly Hills, CA: Marketing & Sales Assistant 1999 – 2000
Assisted in marketing for this small boutique shoe company with factories in Spain and Mexico.
Travel research assistant for Joe Cummings, Lonely Planet author 1997 – 1998
Traveled solo throughout Thailand and Laos for six months to do research for the following titles:
• Lonely Planet Laos: a travel survival kit (3rd edition)1998
• Lonely Planet Thailand: a travel survival kit (8th edition) 1999
• Lonely Planet Bangkok City Guide (4th edition) 1999
Champion Footwear International, Seattle, WA: 1995 – 1997
Executive assistant to President & General Counsel
Instituto Internazionale Arte Calzaturiera e Pellettiera (ARS ARPEL) Milan, Italy 2007
Handbag design, Italian leathers, and handbag pattern-making
Prince of Songkla University, Thailand, Study Abroad 1993 – 1994
International Business with focus on Southeast Asia
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
B.A. International Business 1995
B.A. Mass Communication 1994
Skills and Expertise
• Trend research and analysis
• Handbag design
• Prototype development
• Flat sketching & fashion illustration
• Factory sourcing & supplier relationships
• Fashion design
• Hardware & leather knowledge
• Negotiation with pricing
• Social media & brand-building
• Collection development
• Adobe Illustrator
Washington State University
ARS-Arpel in Milan for Handbag Pattern Making-2007