- + Follow
Head of product & Design at Arvind Retail Ltd.
An ambitious NIFT qualified Design Head with an 11 years of impressive track record to start up and managing several fashion businesses by product knowledge, innovative concepts, trend forecasting , extraordinary graphics, Illustrations, commercial styling & print direction for High fashion to Retail market. A proven successful track record for possessing work ethics, being resourceful, creative and versatile in all fashion categories with a knowledge of woven, knits & denims.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - Fashion Designer
• Spearheading the Design team for entire Women’s & Kid’s garment Design Division. Creative direction for brands like Cherokee, Mossimo, Iris, Karigari & Anahi in women’s wear, Cherokee Kids (2-8 yrs.), Cherokee Teenage (9-14 yrs.) in Kid’s wear lines. Adding creative inputs in Infants wear & Night wear.
• Identifying key trends from catwalk (global fashion market trends) to interpret & customize them into commercial results through the use of appropriate sources such as Style sight & MPD online.
• Creating theme/ mood / style boards for presenting design solutions, which are commercially viable, aesthetically pleasing and which revolve around the current socio-economic trends.
• Interface with the entire sampling and buying plan to enhance the product knowledge enabling design innovations that speed up the process & reduce the cost without compromising on the visual aesthetic of the design.
• Providing design concepts and solutions across various brands for Look book & Range building for Seasonal show back presentations and photo shoot with marketing team.
• Designing and approval of branding / promotional items, including: Hangtag, Label, Patch, catalogs, brochures, signage, and web layouts.
Illustrations - compressed files
Branding - Graphics
Design Head for Women's & Kids
- Arvind Retail Ltd.
- Feb 2011 - Present (2 years 10 months)
Designing for all Brands in Women's and Kids wear.( Western , Ethnic , Fusion & graphics)
Sr. Design Manager
- Reliance Trends
- Dec 2006 - Feb 2011 (4 years 2 months)
Interests: Research and development of latest Fashion Trends and its future.
Reliance Trends (Bangalore): Part of 21 successful companies of Reliance Industries Ltd.
(Privately Held; 300 employees; Design based Retail Concept); 2.5 years)
*Heading private Label 'Netplay' contemporary / Urban wear Collection.
* Effectively work on created forecast reports, line plans, operational calendar while handling Research work, Designing, Sampling and production of Seasonal collection with catalogues, promotional campaigns and store VM.
* Estimating the budget and selecting fabrics accordingly as well as testing & overseeing of fabrics in order to formulate production friendly collection.
*Incisive in Embroidery developments and surface ornamentation methods
* Work with Business Head in identifying and realizing market opportunities for design developments & services in new regions in India. Understanding of revenue, productivity, quality and customer focused Apparel collection for all seasonal projects.
* Establish an effective and high-quality work process for creative Teamwork.
Satyapaul - Genesis Colors (Gurgaon): (Privately Held; 300 employees; Design / Print industry)
- Oct 2005 - Dec 2006 (1 year 2 months)
1 yr 2 mon)
* In charge of the entire Design development, embroidered garments & Fashion Shows Collection
* Conceptualization of seasonal theme designing, color corrections, briefing & directing photo shoots for various assignments for magazines and advertising (which also included fashion photography) and sketching manual and digital images are the core areas of work.
* Coordinating with 200 embroidery artisans for various activities that involve the dresses, saris, necktie, party wear, Bridal trousseau and production work for the projects in the company.
* Clients worked with; French Buying House with Export House Mona Designs.
(Privately Held; 400 employees; Export & Buying industry)
- Ishwar Buying House
- Feb 2005 - Oct 2005 (8 months)
Freelance Designer cum visualizer
- Design House & Brands
- Jan 2001 - Apr 2005 (4 years 3 months)
Layout Designing and Display scheme for stall; Organizer of self designed & composed hand made Greeting Cards. Delhi
Worked as a freelance Fashion designer for "India Heritage" & "Garment Line" some reputed Fashion Magazine of Apparel Industry.
Worked; ", Design House for all creative jobs about visual merchandising.
New Project - A guide on Fashion Illustrations is about to publish (250 pages Book).
Visiting Faculty for Amity University - Noida, Fashion Show Concepts and execution.
Worked with NIFD (National Institute of Fashion Designing), as Creative Dept. Head to complete Fashion Designing Manually / Technically (Computer Aided Designing).
Worked as a Fashion Instructor at International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT). The job duties included Train Teachers in Computer Aided Designing (CAD).
Worked as Fashion Designing Faculty for "Heights"
- J J Valaya
- Oct 2003 - Feb 2005 (1 year 4 months)
Being in charge of the design department - responsibility was entrusted to ensure smooth functioning of orders and Design Development. Projects worked on:
Dexterously worked as a Costume Designing for Indian Airlines Hostess and crew with JJ.
Distinction of being Assistant Designer in the Filmfare Nominated movie "Page 3".
Adeptly designed for " Seagram's Blender's Pride" Fashion Show with JJ
Worked as Asst. Fashion Designer for Bridal Collection with JJ Valaya to Showcase in Jumeirah Beach International. Dubai (U.A.E.).
Designer for Fashion show and Prêt' & Couture Exhibition of Fall - Winter 05' with JJ Valaya in Intercontinental. Muscat (OMAN).
Designing for IIFW - 06', Summer Collection Asst. Designer to JJ Valaya.
CarteBlanche (Delhi): Party wears collection. Men's / Women's wear Label. (A J Clothing Comp.)
(Privately Held; 40 employees; Shirts, Suits, Tunics, Dresses etc.)
Designer - Designer's Exclusive
Freelance Fashion Designer
- design smith pvt. ltd.
- Jan 2000 - Mar 2001 (1 year 2 months)
Worked for Kalika Store in Bangalore "Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla Venture"
Worked for Astitva brand (Ethnic wear collection) promotion and strategy.
Freelance Designer with Dubai based Designer "Zia Naqi" for Haute Couture Line.
National Institute of Fashion Technology
- FDCT Fashion and clothing technology
- 2002 - 2003
Best Design portfolio of the year, 2003.
School of Art & Fashion
- fashion Fashion & Textile
- 1997 - 1999
Honors in Fashion & Textile Science. Awarded Student of the year. Top scorer and first placement of Batch by corporate office.
• Reading, Designing, Music, Traveling, and Browsing are subject of Interest