- + Follow
Head of product & Design at Arvind Retail Ltd.
An ambitious NIFT qualified Design Head with an 13 years of impressive track record to start up and managing several fashion businesses by product knowledge, innovative concepts, trend forecasting , extraordinary graphics, Illustrations, commercial styling & print direction for High fashion to Retail market. A proven successful track record for possessing work ethics, being resourceful, creative and versatile in all fashion categories with a knowledge of woven, knits & denims. Always interested to make an impact with Design presentations and convert them in commercial range with prints, styling and embroidery concepts. ADDITIONAL QUALITY : • Multitasking – Rich experience of Range planning, concept building, designing apparels, embroidery and print artworks. Hand Illustrations & Graphic designing skills for seasonal presentations, branding and managing the technical correct & cost effective sampling process. • People Management – Proven ability as Team player with strong interpersonal skills to motivate, organize, nurture and lead a multi-person effort for working productively under pressure. • Start-Ups – Established track record of starting up and nurturing several successful business both in Retail & High Fashion.
Illustrations - compressed files
Branding - Graphics
Brand & Design Director combines Indian craftsmanship with innovative International Runway design ideas to create an enigmatic, distinctive look.
Position demand strategic planning for design collection over season and occasion. Range is party wear and holding a signature of designer touch. Exclusive store gives customization orders as well. Styles are classic yet versatile with a designer touch given to most traditional outfit while retaining its richness of embroidery, detailing and styling.
Designing for all Brands in Women's and Kids wear.( Western , Ethnic , Fusion & graphics)
Interests: Research and development of latest Fashion Trends and its future.
Reliance Trends (Bangalore): Part of 21 successful companies of Reliance Industries Ltd.
(Privately Held; 300 employees; Design based Retail Concept); 2.5 years)
*Heading private Label 'Netplay' contemporary / Urban wear Collection.
* Effectively work on created forecast reports, line plans, operational calendar while handling Research work, Designing, Sampling and production of Seasonal collection with catalogues, promotional campaigns and store VM.
* Estimating the budget and selecting fabrics accordingly as well as testing & overseeing of fabrics in order to formulate production friendly collection.
*Incisive in Embroidery developments and surface ornamentation methods
* Work with Business Head in identifying and realizing market opportunities for design developments & services in new regions in India. Understanding of revenue, productivity, quality and customer focused Apparel collection for all seasonal projects.
* Establish an effective and high-quality work process for creative Teamwork.
Satyapaul - Genesis Colors (Gurgaon): (Privately Held; 300 employees; Design / Print industry)
1 yr 2 mon)
* In charge of the entire Design development, embroidered garments & Fashion Shows Collection
* Conceptualization of seasonal theme designing, color corrections, briefing & directing photo shoots for various assignments for magazines and advertising (which also included fashion photography) and sketching manual and digital images are the core areas of work.
* Coordinating with 200 embroidery artisans for various activities that involve the dresses, saris, necktie, party wear, Bridal trousseau and production work for the projects in the company.
* Clients worked with; French Buying House with Export House Mona Designs.
(Privately Held; 400 employees; Export & Buying industry)
Layout Designing and Display scheme for stall; Organizer of self designed & composed hand made Greeting Cards. Delhi
Worked as a freelance Fashion designer for "India Heritage" & "Garment Line" some reputed Fashion Magazine of Apparel Industry.
Worked; ", Design House for all creative jobs about visual merchandising.
New Project - A guide on Fashion Illustrations is about to publish (250 pages Book).
Visiting Faculty for Amity University - Noida, Fashion Show Concepts and execution.
Worked with NIFD (National Institute of Fashion Designing), as Creative Dept. Head to complete Fashion Designing Manually / Technically (Computer Aided Designing).
Worked as a Fashion Instructor at International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT). The job duties included Train Teachers in Computer Aided Designing (CAD).
Worked as Fashion Designing Faculty for "Heights"
Being in charge of the design department - responsibility was entrusted to ensure smooth functioning of orders and Design Development. Projects worked on:
Dexterously worked as a Costume Designing for Indian Airlines Hostess and crew with JJ.
Distinction of being Assistant Designer in the Filmfare Nominated movie "Page 3".
Adeptly designed for " Seagram's Blender's Pride" Fashion Show with JJ
Worked as Asst. Fashion Designer for Bridal Collection with JJ Valaya to Showcase in Jumeirah Beach International. Dubai (U.A.E.).
Designer for Fashion show and Prêt' & Couture Exhibition of Fall - Winter 05' with JJ Valaya in Intercontinental. Muscat (OMAN).
Designing for IIFW - 06', Summer Collection Asst. Designer to JJ Valaya.
CarteBlanche (Delhi): Party wears collection. Men's / Women's wear Label. (A J Clothing Comp.)
(Privately Held; 40 employees; Shirts, Suits, Tunics, Dresses etc.)
Designer - Designer's Exclusive
Worked for Kalika Store in Bangalore "Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla Venture"
Worked for Astitva brand (Ethnic wear collection) promotion and strategy.
Freelance Designer with Dubai based Designer "Zia Naqi" for Haute Couture Line.
Best Design portfolio of the year, 2003.
Honors in Fashion & Textile Science. Awarded Student of the year. Top scorer and first placement of Batch by corporate office.