- + Follow
BSc Product Design
I am a Product Designer! I am in my 2nd year of studying towards a BSc in Product Design at The University of Brighton (UK). I have dual citizenship to the UK and USA and will work without needing sponsorship. I am currently seeking an Internship from June 2013, as my course programme allows me to have a 32 week minimum placement year(June 2013 - Sept 2014). An internship will give me the opportunity to develop my skills and talents to benefit a well established, recognized design company, whilst allowing me to gain valuable professional experience.
I am a designer, I say this because I think it is something that I cannot escape. I cherish the feeling of chasing an idea or a connection so much, that it keeps me coming back.
I am approaching my final year of a BSc in product design, which means i haven't been let loose on the world of design just yet, but i am most certainly looking for oppurtunities to sink my teeth into. However here is a snippet of what I have accomplished so far:
- I have represented myself and my university on national radio.
- I am in the progress of creating an app to reduce food waste in the home
- I have designed and created a unique Bicycle wheel prototype
- I am currently working for a global leader in trade-show display design
Know your strengths:
I feel that knowing yourself has intrinsic value when it comes to growing as a designer, and as a person, so here's what I know about myself:
-: I am an activator, because I believe action is the best device for learning.
-: I am positive, because enthusiasm is contagious.
-: I thrive in ideation, because I am fascinated by ideas.
-: Adaptability is a key quality of mine because I am not afraid of unforeseen detours.
-: I am a learner, simply because I love to learn.
It is through the media of design and these qualities I posses, that I want to make a difference...
I really aspire to improve our world through design, and to work with many talented people. So if you have an idea you want to explore, or feel like you want me on your side, please don't hesitate to contact me at:
Joined as part of the engineering and RD&I team, working with designers, engineers and data engineers on a range of projects for a multinational, multimillion dollar organization.
-Brochure/welcome pack design for summer season 2012
-development worker on projects such as landscaping, tarmacking, and plumbing/electrics
-reception and customer service dealing with check in/ out and answering feedback and reviews
- Shadow studio procedures
- In house product testing
- Input into idea discussions
- Gaining insight into outsourcing components and materials manufacture
- Studied Product Design (BSc) for 2 years of 4, at the university of Brighton. - Currently pursuing a year of professional experience in the United States with the possibility of transferring for the final year of my degree.