Currently working as an in-house Product Design Manager for a multi-national product manufacturer.
Working on one of the group's major homeware and kitchenware brands, I contribute at all stages of the design and development process from concept generation through to CAD for tooling release, tooling sample feedback and product testing.
Accountabilities and responsibilities include:
• Manage the design, development and implementation of specific in house new products in line with the company’s NPD process.
• Manage 3rd party design agencies in the delivery of various NPD projects, ensuring that projects are on time, on budget, technically compliant, in-line with original brief and on brand.
• Work to protect and evolve the brand design language, ensuring consistency of design voice, colour, material specification and other design led cues in conjunction with Product Managers.
• Specific day to day project management responsibility.
• Work closely with the relevant suppliers and factories to ensure that development projects are processed to specification on cost and time.
• Assist in responses required to any ongoing quality issues including the implementation of any necessary design changes.
• Where relevant attend customer presentations and meetings on specific customer special development projects.
• Ensure that budgets for specific projects are adhered to and management of overall 3rd party design project budgets.
I've recently spoken to Design students as part of Coventry University's Visiting Lecturer programme and conducted a portfolio review to their 3rd year students. I have also provided tuition on a range of design related software, including Adobe Illustrator and SolidWorks.