My name is Sam Swinton I attend Bournemouth University, I am currently in my second year. I am an avid designer and look forward to making a career out of it.
Currently looking for placement for my third year starting July 2013.
Mobile Number: 07990582417
Email Address: email@example.com
33 Bengal Road
2 Kelmarsh Drive
A determined student who wishes to become a successful designer, to build a strong set of skills using my enthusiasm for design to help me attain my aims. An opportunity to learn these skills within a commercial workplace would help to absorb new methods, as well as practices to make effective products.
Education & Qualifications:
Bournemouth University (2011- Present) BA (Hons) Industrial Design
1st Year overall 2:1 (60.08%). Modules; Design Media (1st), User Centred Design (2:1), Contextual Design (2:1), Materials and Processing (2:2), Design Methods and Projects (2:2)
2nd Year Units; Design Visualisation, Design Projects, Interaction Design, Design for Production, Design Management and Commercialisation.
Leamington Spa College (2010-2011) Foundation Art & Design Level 3 Diploma
Final Mark: Merit Specialized in 3D Design
Tudor Grange Senior School GCSE
10 GCSE A-C, Mathematics (A), English Literature (A), English Language (B), Statistics (B), Art and Design (B)
From personal use and in practice throughout my education I have gained various sets of skills;
• Sketching & Rendering – Experienced, drawing throughout my life, improved through foundation year and university
• Solidworks – Intermediate, used for university projects
• Photoshop & Illustrator – Knowledgeable, used for touching up images and creating layouts for various projects
• Dreamweaver – Proficient, used to present university work
• Prototyping & Modelling – Intermediate, used in multiple projects
2012 Campion Willcock’s Logo Redesign
The company opened a competition to university students to redesign their logo to a specific deadline. Illustrator was used to make the logo then Photoshop to present the final ideas to the company.
2011 Escapism Furniture final piece.
For the last project at Art College I created a series of furniture, which represented the feeling of privacy and escapism for the viewer. The furniture was chosen from a handful to be shown in a public exhibition for the college. This project refined the approach to a project with an open mind.
2011 Tesco – Electrical Sales Assistant
• Dealing with customers face-to-face, helping with their specific enquiries and making sure they’re happy with the service they received from Tesco.
• Making sure my workspace is presentable for customers.
• Ensuring products were clearly viewable, this required organisation and using my initiative.
2008 Progression Architects Ltd – Work Experience
• Learning basic methods in planning of projects.
• Experiencing the CAD programs used by the firm
• An independent project, which required to meet a deadline, work independently and to have attention to detail.
• Commercial Awareness – Following design blogs and magazines like Dezeen, Archdaily and Juxtapoz.
• Sketching – Always enjoyed and practiced to improve, helps expressing a person and their work.
• Sports – Snowboarding with friends and family gives a sense of freedom and calmness, also following formula 1 and looking for new experiences to enjoy.
• Travelling – Visiting and experiencing other cultures broadens your mind of what’s seen as design from around the world.
Available on request.