- + Follow
Design is an outlet of my creative thoughts tending towards a desire to produce solutions that address more than the obvious.Possessing the ability to adapt to given roles, meet deadlines, set goals and accomplish them with quality, care and precision.
My career goal is to help companies making better design choices with the strategic vision. Integrate and manage strategic design innovation in the various components of the product system.
PERSONAL DETAILS ~
Date of birth ~ 1st March 1981
Languages known ~
English, Hindi, Marathi,Sanskrit
Italian (Enthusiastic learner)
Nationality : Indian.
Contact: +39 328423 1747
Master in Strategic Design, Politecnico di Milano (Oct06 - July 07)
M. Des. (Industrial Design), IDC, IIT Bombay, 2003- 05
B. E. (Mechanical), Sardar Patel College of Engg.,Mumbai, 1999- 2002
• Highly motivated and energetic.
• Product innovation and conceptualization.
• Data Interpretation and analysis.
• Special Interest in Research and Development.
• Working in a healthy team-spirit.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE ~
1. Senior designer,
Design Incubator, Research & Development Labs Pvt. Ltd., India
(September 06 – October 06)
2. Industrial designer,
Petrol Dispensing Pumps & Systems, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Mumbai
(July 05 – august 06)
• Designed Formal apects of petroleum dispenser product range called SPRINT, worked on Product detailing aspects, to provide strong branding identity, graphic designing.
Other responsibilities were:
• Conceptualization of new products,
• Product life cycle management.
3. Summer internship: Whirlpool GTEC, Pune, India. (Jun-July 2004)
Project: Dishwasher design for the European market.
Deliverables were ‘Blue sky’ concepts for making the dishwasher trays more flexible and intuitive.
4. Design Engineer
(Plastic Mold Design with I-DEAS 9.0) with “JayWin DieCraft”, Mumbai, from (February 03 to May 03.)
PROJECTS : 3-5 weeks radical innovation + business pa
AT Politecnico di Milano
• Q-Free, Norway - Intelligent mobility system scenarios
• BPT spa, Italy - Brand & Design Strategy
• Lorenz, Italy- Brand extension with new product design
• Plastitex, Italy - New product-service-communication system
• Nardi, Italy- New Design Strategy by formulating a high level vision
AT IDC, IIT-B
• Opportunity Finder: A Software tool for industrial designers (research project) ~
A set of tools for information-age design planning which will help designer to uncover user-centered needs, recognize insightful relationships, capture ideas as they develop, organize large amounts of information optimally for concept development.
• Refrigerator for rural housing ~
It is perishable food care product for the rural population. Design attempts to understand the domestic eating culture and the lifestyle. The technology which is being used in western world has been adapted to create differentiated sustainable product, driven without electricity.
• Design of Electric two wheeler for Indian Women ~
The project is about styling of scooter (EV platform) to suit the needs and aspirations of the young professional Indian women.
• Design management Strategy for Hawkins ~
Innovative product packaging as an effective branding tool.
• Design of for open design competition TECHFEST, IIT BOMBAY ~packaging cum utility for the present coffee ready mix.
• ‘I-connect’: Communication device for illiterates ~
Mobile phone operating on minimal set of voice menu commands, having unique reader helps building up learning ability.
Sketching, Rendering, Colour & form exploration, Model making with clay, pop, MDF, PU and EPS foams
CAD: Rhino 3.0, I-DEAS 9.0 & AutoCAD
Rendering: Flamingo, Bryce3D, and Brazil.
Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw
CAM: Hands on experience with CAM: Roland CNC Machine.
Fabrication: Knowledge and experience of Plastic Molding and related processes, Sheet Metal Working, Rapid Prototyping (FDM)
Politecnico di Milano University
Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay