Strategic Senior Design Director with a proven record of developing innovative and compelling product, apparel and collaborations for the world’s most recognized brands. Leader in concept and strategy development for complex design initiatives. Award-winning industrial designer with an emphasis on toy design, brand and product strategy. Excels at motivating and inspiring teams to deliver compelling work under tight deadlines. Creative work rewarded with multiple awards, including two International Toy of the Year Awards, Parents Choice Award, and the “Best of 2010 Award”.
Senior Design Director
- Jan 2012 - Present (1 year 11 months)
Lead the creation and production of high-end designer toys, products and apparel.
- Collaboration with industry leaders like Major Lazer, Marvel, Capcom, Simpsoms, South Park, Family Guy, Playboy, Coachella, Mishka, and more...
- Collaborate and direct artists from around the world to create product that is diverse and unexpected.
- Continue to build and grow Kidrobots’ internal properties and new opportunity categories.
- Lead industry Vinyl Art, remain progressive, and constantly push standards through unique designs and collaborations.
- 2006 - 2012 (6 years)
Ran and facilitated the design within the Spiderman and Friends line, Chuck and Friends, and Super Hero Squad. Worked on Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, Toy Story 2, and Pre-school products as well as internal IP’s and new opportunities.
- Worked hand in hand with Marvel to create an in depth year in and year out capsule of toys ranging from basic plush to complex electronic key driver items.
- Re- Imagined and designed the entire Chuck and Friends line to gain competitiveness in the market place.
- Grew Chuck and Friends from a $52million brand to a brand with a projected growth of $175million.
- Art directed Hasbro Studios to create the daily episodic “ Adventures of Chuck and Friends”
- International Toy of the year award 2011 (Chuck and Friends)
- Toy of the Year Award (Chuck and Friends)
- Best of 2010 Award (Chuck and Friends)
Senior Product Designer
- 2001 - 2006 (5 years)
Designed and managed compelling product with brand integrity, year in and year out. Designed towards creative ways to gain market awareness and consumer buy in.
- Designed and launched key lines within the Pre-Cool Rescue Heroes line.
- Successfully placed large amounts of product in top accounts (TRU, Wal-Mart, and Target)
- Worked on Rescue Heroes video game and movie
- “Parents Choice Award”
- Item New Product Development
- 2001 - 2001
Designed and developed consumer products, furniture, medical devises and toys.
- Clients include: Hasbro, Fisher- Price, Singer, Proctor and Gamble, Mosquito Magnet, and RISD
Cleveland Institute of Art
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Industrial and Product Design
- 1997 - 2001