- + Follow
Industrial Design Student
Currently I am pursuing a degree in Industrial Design and a minor in User Experience Design at Western Washington University. Through school, work and hobbies, I have accumulated experience creating products, designing websites and graphics, and working on ornate construction and landscaping projects. My next goal is obtaining a design-focused internship for Summer of 2015, where I can expand my experience into creating consumer products. Please take a minute to look at my personal portfolio at: www.scottypaton.com
- Collaborated on teams to develop and critique a variety of functional, innovative product concepts.
- Developed experience with ideation sketching, rendering, model making, and product testing.
- Implemented effective color, material, and form into name-brand products, improving user experience and design effectiveness.
- Designed a showcase exhibit for Nike Soccer's appearance at Soccerex Global Convention 2015. I applied marketing and layout psychology techniques into the floor plan for effective promotion, while maintaining a professional environment to conduct business. Emphasis was on high quality materials that reflect the brand image of Nike. This project was a concept for an Industrial Design Foundation course at WWU.
- Created a light bar to replace obtrusive rear blinkers and brake lights on dual-sport motorcycles. The light bar bolts onto the existing sub-frame and protects the signal lights from getting thrashed and breaking during trail riding and drops. Emphasis was on durability and design for extreme environments (including waterproof components).
- Acquired considerable experience and familiarity with many different hand tools, power tools, and machinery. This exposure to different types of equipment has greatly improved my model making and understanding of the interaction between design and manufacturing.
- Managed projects and materials on time-sensitive construction and landscaping sites.
- Generated logos/graphics and consulted closely with clients to fulfill their needs. (scottypaton.com/graphics)
- Integrated graphic and marketing skills to launch the original clothing line 'Northwest Rep' (scottypaton.com/apparel)
- Designed the logo for Business Leaders in Healthcare at the University of Washington. (students.washington.edu/blhc)
Majoring in Industrial Design / Minoring in User Experience Design, I expect to graduate in June 2017. Current GPA: 3.78
GPA: 3.8 Running Start program while attending Skyline High School