- + Follow
Sladle & Stabber
• Lead every facet of product development, from concept generation to delivering on-time and innovative housewares.
• Conduct user, market and material research to frame design and sale opportunities.
• Brainstorm wide range of design concepts, catered to a brand or specific category.
• Responsible for product's function, construction, style and production costs.
• Make prototypes throughout various stages of development.
• Model CAD files from start to finish, ready to be manufactured.
• Set up product performance tests with QC Manager to meet all FDA industry standards.
• Collaborate with consumers, clients, account managers, buyers, marketing, vendors, attorneys, engineers and global sourcing teams to translate project goals into relevant solutions.
• Attend trade shows to analyze market and forecast upcoming trends (New York Gift Fair, Ambiente)
• Travel to China to oversee production.
• BoConcept USA Inc./ Design Consultant / Aug '09 - Dec '10 / Consulted and proposed furniture layouts for resident/commercial interior. Explored wide variety of compelling design options to present to buyers. Communicated concepts and ideas by utilizing BoConcept's 3D interior program. Offered in-house interior design consultation for complex or high-end residents.
• Nicosia Creative Expresso Ltd. / Nov '09 - Dec '10 / Generated SolidWorks files and KeyShot rendered visual presentations for future Dolce & Gabbana’s perfume line. Created mood board and conducted thorough analysis of target consumers to better align and execute D&Gs concepts.
• Flexi Power System / June '09 / Provided an extensive research journal of organic cotton’s growth in the international design market. Topics of organic dye, fair trade, life cycle of cotton, market growth and market trends were covered.
• Linmark Group Limited / Dec '09 - Jan '09 / Provided variety of graphic solutions for travel bag and accessories while implementing Nickelodeon's licensing characters such as SpongeBob and Dora the Explorer.
• Li & Fung USA / May '09 - Aug '09 / Assisted design flatware, bath accessories, housewares and seasonal products exclusive to Wal-Mart. Collaborated in an internal group project to discover new identity for Wal-Mart while identifying white space opportunities. Presented benefits of re-branding opportunity and life cycle of products of Wal-Mart if it fully embraced the green movement and only sourced products from fair trade vendors and organic textile manufacturers.
• Jonathan Adler Inc. / April '09 - May '09 / Worked as a part-time Intern during my last semester of college. Drafted 2D illustrations for factories and sketched variety of hard/soft products focused on graphic design & pattern following Jonathan Adler's style guide.
• Royal Sovereign International Inc. / Dec '08 / As their first Industrial Design Intern, I defined their target consumers, reinstated the brand's design language, outlined top product complaints received from customers and explored potential humidifier designs addressing complaints while closely collaborating with the Market Manager.
• Prime Studio Inc. / May '08 - Aug '08/ Assisted with illustrator renderings, drafted 2D linework on Ashlar Vellum Graphite, researched competitor products for client projects.